Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Jesse Eisenberg and Jeremy Irons Cast in Superman/Batman Film  (Read 4312 times)

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
Jesse Eisenberg and Jeremy Irons Cast in Superman/Batman Film
« on: February 02, 2014, 09:43:06 pm »
Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Jesse Eisenberg has been set to star as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons will play Alfred in the upcoming Zack Snyder untitled Superman/Batman film. The dual announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures. Snyder stated, "Lex Luthor is often considered the most notorious of Superman’s rivals, his unsavory reputation preceding him since 1940. What's great about Lex is that he exists beyond the confines of the stereotypical nefarious villain. He's a complicated and sophisticated character whose intellect, wealth and prominence position him as one of the few mortals able to challenge the incredible might of Superman. Having Jesse in the role allows us to explore that interesting dynamic, and also take the character in some new and unexpected directions." The director added, "As everyone knows, Alfred is Bruce Wayne's most trusted friend, ally and mentor, a noble guardian and father figure. He is an absolutely critical element in the intricate infrastructure that allows Bruce Wayne to transform himself into Batman. It is an honor to have such an amazingly seasoned and gifted actor as Jeremy taking on the important role of the man who mentors and guides the guarded and nearly impervious façade that encapsulates Bruce Wayne." Snyder's film stars Henry Cavill, reprising his role as Superman/Clark Kent, Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne, and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince. The film also reunites Man of Steel stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane.

The film is set to open worldwide on May 6, 2016, and is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel &Joe Shuster, Batman characters created by Bob Kane, and Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston, appearing in comic books published by DC Entertainment.  :applause

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
Re: Jesse Eisenberg and Jeremy Irons Cast in Superman/Batman Film
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 10:13:54 pm »
A preview of what the movie might look like.. ;D

[youtube]gIntDen7fv0[/youtube]

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 11:18:55 pm »
HAHAHA! But I think this will be a very smart and ruthless LL he wont have lots of facetime with Supes hes manipulative.With all the heavy hitters of DC in this movie the main villain besides Metallo will be from Apocalypse not necessary the big D but his ugly son Kalibak  ::laffman

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 11:51:43 pm »
Fuck this shit I was hoping for Cranston

dweizz

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 35
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 01:20:15 am »
i vote mark strong

xeoxander01

• Balikatan Participant
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Beware of half truths. You may get the wrong half.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 02:22:03 am »
NO NO NO! you fuck twats.. we said HEISENBERG, not EISENBERG!

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 11:41:39 am »
Seriously I wanna see the audition tape we all know no matter how big you are in Hollywood you have to audition for the role,I wanna see how Zack Z and those Warner bigwigs react to his audition for the role and who else auditioned for this role.

golgo13

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 22
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 11:58:32 am »
Maybe hes role is just as a young lex luthor.... Or ung lex luthor sa movie na to eh going to start as a main villain pa lang... At hindi matured lex luthor as we expect

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 12:25:46 pm »
An acquaintance of mine who happens to be die-hard Marvel movie fan shared this bit of news with me yesterday afternoon and remarked that those two developments were just as bad as Ben Affleck being hired to play Batman.

By way of response, I told him: "I heard Marvel hired Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel to voice a talking raccoon and a tree-man, respectively. What was your point again?"

Several minutes of silence followed. No further discussion about comic book movies ensued.  ;D 
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

-=Kurabo=-

• Patience is a Virtue but Time is Gold
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 48
  • Kurabo
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 01:50:43 pm »
An acquaintance of mine who happens to be die-hard Marvel movie fan shared this bit of news with me yesterday afternoon and remarked that those two developments were just as bad as Ben Affleck being hired to play Batman.

By way of response, I told him: "I heard Marvel hired Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel to voice a talking raccoon and a tree-man, respectively. What was your point again?"

Several minutes of silence followed. No further discussion about comic book movies ensued.  ;D

Vind Diesel did a voice over of Iron Giant. Tingin ko ko fit naman siya as voice over yun nga lang sayang lang ang appeal niya sa masses kung sa voice over lang gagamitin.

ang ginagawa kasi ng DC ngayon is ala Heath Ledger wildcard pero ang masama pa dun ang kinuha nilang cast for Lex Luthor is Eisenberg

sana hindi mag flop ang DC or Justice League ::laffman

it ain't over. . .till its over

b0ler0

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 99
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 11:43:00 pm »

On Bradley Cooper as Rocket Racoon: he has a versatile tone that can deliver both humor and toughness, characteristics demanded by the comic book hero he is assigned to.

On Vin Diesel as Groot: an acknowledged Holywood star, arguably one of the biggest action icons today, hired to say just 3 words over and over again throughout the movie... "I am Groot!"  It's a stroke of genius!

On Ben Affleck as Batman: same with Heath Ledger as the Joker.  Was initially met with ridicule and scorn because people only remembered his role in 10 Things I Hate About You.  But the Joker portrayal eventually defined his career.  Affleck was met with the same hatred because people still associate him with his Kevin Smith comedies and romcom escapades.   But Affleck - at least the Affleck of today post-Oscar 2013 - has the technical talents to pull it off.

On Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor: I like it.  Luthor's not supposed be physically menacing.  It's his astute intelligence and horrifyingly cruel intentions that make him the fear-worthy villain that he is.  In all his roles, Eisenberg has always portrayed the intelligent guy.  We'll see if he can portray the CRUELLY intelligent villain.  It's exciting!  Additionally, DC has started to make Luthor an anti-hero in the current Forever Evil storyline.  In the comic books, he is scheduled to join the Justice League this summer.  Warner Bros. probably wanted an actor who can provide the same aura of vagueness (is he good or is he evil?) as the new comic book Luthor.

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 12:47:11 am »

Ya. But there's not much acting for them to do in those roles. Granted that I always pictured rocket racoon to have a rapper's voice, I think Bradley Cooper will do just fine. As for the tree man, Vin Diesel's unique voice is actually a good choice (if not overly expensive for a character who only says one line: "I am Groot").

What I don't like about Eisenberg, is that in the movies I've seen him do, he kinda talks too fast and gives off the impression of a nerd, while lex is usually depicted having a cold, calculative character.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 02:43:46 am »
What I don't like about Eisenberg, is that in the movies I've seen him do, he kinda talks too fast and gives off the impression of a nerd, while lex is usually depicted having a cold, calculative character.

And therein, I think, lies the stroke of genius in that casting choice. Everybody might consider this incarnation of Lex Luthor as unassuming, harmless...even laughable. But out of the public eye, he's got darker intentions and desires, along with the will and resources to act upon them.

Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 02:53:36 am »
He does look more mature when he's bald..

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 07:27:20 am »
...even laughable

And that part just about sums up why I don't like him for the role. But hey, he's already cast. I just hope he doesn't become the Ryan Reynolds of super villains.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 06:37:38 pm »
And that part just about sums up why I don't like him for the role. But hey, he's already cast. I just hope he doesn't become the Ryan Reynolds of super villains.
I believe this where we're going to see the chameleon type acting of JE,I wish we could see his audition video for the role and who else audition that didn't make it. Look its Zack Snyder we're talking about here,the same guy who cast Rodrigo Santorio as Xerxes and even Gerard Butler as Leonidas just an example of 2 actors who you wouldn't even think for that role.
speaking of Gerard Butler
http://youtu.be/sqtNo6ltlp0

and then making the ladies squeal in the locker room

http://youtu.be/5PGl0inYbuQ