Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: DND inks contract for 28 Israeli-made 'armored infantry fighting vehicles  (Read 1757 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..

MANILA, Jan. 16 (PNA) -- The Department of National Defense (DND) has formally signed the contact for the delivery of 28 "armored infantry fighting vehicles" which will boost the inventory of the Army's light armored units.

DND Assistant Secretary Patrick Velez said that this project is worth P882 million. He said the contract was already signed last week.

He added that the contract was awarded to Israeli's leading defense manufacturer, Elbit Systems Land and C4I.

Four of the 28 "armored infantry fighting vehicles" are recovery models which can be used to tow units damaged or incapacitated in the battlefield.

For security reasons, Velez declined to give specifics of the vehicles' armament, speed and armor but stressed that these armored infantry fighting vehicles "are very capable."

Full delivery of these vehicles is expected within a year or around January 2015.

http://www.pna.gov.ph/index.php?idn&sid&nid&rid=605692

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
Sorry guys, I posted a wrong pic. All the 28 units which will come from "israel" are all M113A2 with different variants/turrents/upgrade. Below is breakdown

The 142 Armored Personnel Carriers will come in different configurations and divided in two batches. The first batch will consist of 114 units of M113 A2 sourced out through the US Excess Defense Article (EDA) and is expected to arrive before the year ends. The next batch will consist of 28 units of M113 A2, 14 of which will have a 76mm turret categorized as Fire Support Vehicle (FSV), another 10 units (4 units of 25mm and 6 units of 12.7mm) will be equipped with a Remote Control Weapons System (RWS) and another 4 units of Armored Recovery Vehicle.

http://www.lightarmordivision.net.ph/home/acdo.html

freeyourmind

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 88
the attack helis couldve done a better job, but then we need ground support.

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
the attack helis couldve done a better job, but then we need ground support.

Better job at doing what exactly? I do believe Atack Helis and AIFVs serve different roles.. Apples and Oranges..

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
I was hoping its brand new namer AIFVs :(