Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: The coolest Pope ever latest confession 😎  (Read 3796 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
The coolest Pope ever latest confession 😎
« on: December 03, 2013, 04:00:37 pm »

The new, shocking revelations about his personal life will surely amaze the masses yet again.

The man Catholics consider the human being closest to God used to be a nightclub bouncer in Buenos Aires, Argentina. This holiest of holy men used to toss out troublemakers at a hot spot. Cool, right? He made the surprising announcement during a chat with parishioners on the outskirts of Rome. It's a totally unexpected previous profession for a Pope. Which got me thinking, what other fascinating details are lurking in the Pontiff's past?  :D

He certainly learned a lot from his secular life. He taught literature and psychology, both of which he credits with helping him get people back into the church. But more so than specifics from his past, his actions as the 266th Pope are beyond what any other has done before. He physically embraces the sick and disfigured and he is known to sneak out of the Vatican at night to give money to the poor. He dresses up in regular priest robes and visits with homeless people. That move has earned him the reputation of a superhero in Rome. At the very least, he sounds like Robin Hood (to me)

For those who have lost faith in the Church because of decades of corruption and scandal, this must be welcomed news. People are already saying he is single-handedly revitalizing the religion. It's wonderful a leader like this truly wants to lead by example. Let's just hope the world -- no matter what religion -- follows suit.

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
Re: The coolest Pope ever latest confession 😎
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 09:18:16 pm »
wait ... wut?

Bouncer? a bit scary ... he might still got the kicks.
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.

gardov

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 43
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 09:26:16 pm »
love this pope. napaka humble...

sana ibang leader ng relihiyon ganun din. hindi pataasan ng jingle.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
Re: The coolest Pope ever latest confession
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 09:52:03 pm »
I'm starting to rethink my decision not to push through with joining the Jesuit order.  ;D
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

maniac2999

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 178
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 10:49:20 pm »
I imagine him doing like the rock and saying "I got yo back, bro!"

zensuke101

• The Laughing Man
  • Webmasters/Programmer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 80
  • "The Catcher in the Rye"
    • Public Security Section 9
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 02:35:21 pm »
i do hope na manalo siya as People Of the Year
sobrang cool kasi siya

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
The coolest Pope offers baptism to Martians😎
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 07:56:45 am »
The pope brought up aliens during his daily mass as a part of a larger discussion on who should be allowed to be baptized. Now, Il Papa, being Cool Pope and all, believes that the church should be willing to baptize anyone, no matter what their background — even if it means that their parents are cohabitating and unmarried or if they happen to be visiting from Mars.

He asked, "If tomorrow, for example, an expedition of Martians arrives and some of them come to us ... and if one of them says: 'Me, I want to be baptised!', what would happen?"

;D

Pope Francis has not only brought jokes to the Vatican, since being sworn in he has promised to make the Catholic Church less "Vatican-centric", more transparent, and closer to ordinary people.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
Re: The coolest Pope offers baptism to Martians
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 02:05:09 pm »
The pope brought up aliens during his daily mass as a part of a larger discussion on who should be allowed to be baptized. Now, Il Papa, being Cool Pope and all, believes that the church should be willing to baptize anyone, no matter what their background — even if it means that their parents are cohabitating and unmarried or if they happen to be visiting from Mars.

He asked, "If tomorrow, for example, an expedition of Martians arrives and some of them come to us ... and if one of them says: 'Me, I want to be baptised!', what would happen?"

;D

Pope Francis has not only brought jokes to the Vatican, since being sworn in he has promised to make the Catholic Church less "Vatican-centric", more transparent, and closer to ordinary people.

One day, we'll have a Martian pope. What a glorious day that will be.  ;D

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Pope Francis ditches Bulletproof Popemobile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 04:17:20 pm »

In a recent interview with a Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia, Pope Francis spoke about why he prefers not to use the bulletproof Popemobile, explaining that at his age he doesn't have "much to lose."

The bulletproof Popemobile was introduced after the attempted assassination of John Paul II in 1981, and favored by Francis's predecessor Benedict XVI. Cool Pope, however, does not have time for that bullshit. He told La Vanguardia:

"I remember in Brazil, they'd provided for me an enclosed Popemobile, but I cannot greet the people and tell them I love them inside a sardine can, even if it is made of glass. For me it is a wall."

"It is true something could happen to me but let's be realistic, at my age I do not have much to lose. I know what could happen, but it is in God's hands."

Less chill Vatican officials aren't particularly happy with this choice, and are said to have voiced fears for his safety during recent appearances in Jordan, Jerusalem, and Bethlehem. They were also unhappy with his decision to, last July, tour Rio de Janeiro in, according to The Independent, "an open-topped white jeep along the sea front of Copacabana beach."

h/t Gawker

8) and brave Pope ☝️🙏 🙌

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 04:26:55 pm by FerminaDaza »

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
Re: Pope Francis ditches Bulletproof Popemobile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 03:55:07 pm »
In a recent interview with a Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia, Pope Francis spoke about why he prefers not to use the bulletproof Popemobile, explaining that at his age he doesn't have "much to lose."

The bulletproof Popemobile was introduced after the attempted assassination of John Paul II in 1981, and favored by Francis's predecessor Benedict XVI. Cool Pope, however, does not have time for that bullshit. He told La Vanguardia:

Less chill Vatican officials aren't particularly happy with this choice, and are said to have voiced fears for his safety during recent appearances in Jordan, Jerusalem, and Bethlehem. They were also unhappy with his decision to, last July, tour Rio de Janeiro in, according to The Independent, "an open-topped white jeep along the sea front of Copacabana beach."

h/t Gawker
 8) and brave Pope 

A dozen Tiger Paws from Country Style Donuts says he can make Vladmir Putin blink regarding Ukraine, Signora;D

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 06:36:28 am »
speaking of the pope getting closer to ordinary people, when the pope saw someone sick along the road, he had his car stopped and went down to bless and kiss the forehead of the guy. completely random and simple act but speaks volumes about him

got this from my FB feed (I dont think this was picked up by any media outlets)
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202505653665731

the caption translated is "pope francis stopped at our House"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:46:47 am by bodieph »

monosapien

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 116
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 07:00:35 am »
ths one is different. medyo gusto ko sha hahaa

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 08:27:46 am »
8) 8) 8)
this thread is so cooool(andito mga LIKE ko sa espiya) ayiii heh heh 

BTT: and recently he straight up  ex communicates all mobsters/mafias from the Cathoilic church !

During his homily at an outdoor Mass, Francis denounced the 'ndrangheta for what he called its "adoration of evil and contempt for the common good."

"Those who go down the evil path, as the Mafiosi do, are not in communion with God. They are excommunicated," he warned.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5LK49NEJPs&sns=em[/youtube]

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Women were "the most beautiful thing God has made." ~Pope Francis
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 01:58:04 pm »
In an interview with Franca Giansoldati (in Italian), his first with a woman journalist since his election, mind you, he certainly praised women and the concept of femininity. Giansoldati pointed out that when he spoke of women, it was usually in the context of marriage and motherhood.

When she asked about women's roles, he replied by saying that women were "the most beautiful thing God has made." Awww Pope! But when pressed for an answer regarding underlying misogyny in the Catholic Church he deftly avoided a real answer.

"The fact is that woman was taken from a rib." Giansoldati wrote that he then laughed "heartily" before saying: "I'm joking. That was a joke." jokester pope!

The 77-year-old pontiff went on: "The issue of women needs to be gone into in more depth, otherwise you can't understand the church itself." But did he envisage, say, appointing a woman to head a Vatican department?

"Well," replied the pope cryptically. "Priests often end up under the sway of their housekeepers."  ;D
via

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:01:15 pm by FerminaDaza »