Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: whats your opinion about this? ping lacson as a rehabilitation czar  (Read 3802 times)

bouya harumichi

• "i only fight with people who look stronger than me! Else i can't burn!"
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Real Men Need To Stand Out

F ormer Sen. Panfilo “Ping” Lacson has accepted President Benigno Aquino’s offer for him to be the rehabilitation czar who will oversee reconstruction in the regions that Supertyphoon “Yolanda” devastated last month.

Lacson said Sunday night that Mr. Aquino had acknowledged his acceptance of the offer to oversee the rehabilitation efforts of the government that would cost more than P40 billion.

In a text message to the Inquirer, Lacson said he accepted “the job offer after getting a series of briefings over the weekend from experts of the field of reconstruction and rehabilitation of disaster-stricken areas.”

As the rehabilitation czar, Lacson will manage not only funding from the government but also foreign assistance running into tens of millions of dollars meant for towns and cities in central Philippines.
"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
Re: whats your opinion about this? ping lacson as a rehabilitation czar
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 05:42:26 am »
I don't think Ping is a good fit for this job. Tingin ko dapat dyan someone who has the experience in urban planning and livelihood program rollouts. Dapat siguro someone like BF or Jun Palafox...

Rockford

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 232
  • WORK Hard,PARTY Harder!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 07:29:13 am »
I don't think Ping is a good fit for this job. Tingin ko dapat dyan someone who has the experience in urban planning and livelihood program rollouts. Dapat siguro someone like BF or Jun Palafox...

correct!

it should be a person with the "right skill set". now is the right time to do urban planning on areas affected, habang wala pa masyadong nakatayong infra.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:54:22 am »
Looks like all the people who wanted someone with an iron hand to run things in the disaster area are about to get their wish.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

gardov

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 43
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 09:34:36 am »
Looks like all the people who wanted someone with an iron hand to run things in the disaster area are about to get their wish.

Which is good for the affected people right?

Baka gusto ni noynoy na may kinakatakutan sila para yung funding ay diretso sa dapat puntahan. Sabi naman sa article ping is to oversee the funding at hindi sya ang magpaplano ng mga infrastructure. Meron naman siguro silang mga experts para dyan.

Corrupt ba si ping lacson?

zensuke101

• The Laughing Man
  • Webmasters/Programmer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 80
  • "The Catcher in the Rye"
    • Public Security Section 9
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 02:08:50 pm »

Baka gusto ni noynoy na may kinakatakutan sila para yung funding ay diretso sa dapat puntahan. Sabi naman sa article ping is to oversee the funding at hindi sya ang magpaplano ng mga infrastructure. Meron naman siguro silang mga experts para dyan.

no idea
siya lang naman yung maglelead
siyempre may mga taong professionaL ang magsasagawa ng plan

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 09:26:33 pm »

Well, he did turn down his pork barrel when he was a senator. I suppose we'll have to wait and see of he can balance the iron hand of authority with the open hand of cooperation.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 12:01:41 am »
no idea
siya lang naman yung maglelead
siyempre may mga taong professionaL ang magsasagawa ng plan

Personally, I believe politicians are either corrupt or soon to be corrupt. So I'm more concerned of the end result rather than kung may ibubulsa siya.

The reason why I'd like to see a BF or Jun Palafox here essentially is to tap on their experiences. Yes, pde kumuha ng advisers si Ping, pero hindi ito business na pag nagkamali, you can "charge it to experience". This is more of a one-shot deal.

I've been an IT consultant for years and as you go higher up, the higher the chance na ung boss mo e walang alam sa actual ginagawa mo. Ang problema usually pag natapat ka sa ganun sitwasyon, madalas, hindi niya alam kung kelan malaki ang issue at kung kelan hindi.

Sa example ng construction effort, kapag during inspection may nakitang problema sa foundation,  a person experienced in construction will have a good feel kung dapat bang gibain uli yun at I-rebuild whereas someone na walang experience e pipilitin lang ung foreman na patsehan na lang para matapos on time.

zensuke101

• The Laughing Man
  • Webmasters/Programmer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 80
  • "The Catcher in the Rye"
    • Public Security Section 9
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 02:32:36 pm »
Personally, I believe politicians are either corrupt or soon to be corrupt. So I'm more concerned of the end result rather than kung may ibubulsa siya.

The reason why I'd like to see a BF or Jun Palafox here essentially is to tap on their experiences. Yes, pde kumuha ng advisers si Ping, pero hindi ito business na pag nagkamali, you can "charge it to experience". This is more of a one-shot deal.

I've been an IT consultant for years and as you go higher up, the higher the chance na ung boss mo e walang alam sa actual ginagawa mo. Ang problema usually pag natapat ka sa ganun sitwasyon, madalas, hindi niya alam kung kelan malaki ang issue at kung kelan hindi.

Sa example ng construction effort, kapag during inspection may nakitang problema sa foundation,  a person experienced in construction will have a good feel kung dapat bang gibain uli yun at I-rebuild whereas someone na walang experience e pipilitin lang ung foreman na patsehan na lang para matapos on time.

i like your point sa charge it to experience and one-shot deal
agree ako  dun

pagdating sa work parehas din ako.........  ako yung nasasabak palagi sa field work
pero ok lang.......lagi naman oversees ang destination kaya ang dami kong nalalaman
at mas alam ko ang pasikot sikot ng project

dapat sa sitwasyon na ito precise at accurate ang mga plan
at alam talaga dapat ang ginagawa para di masayang ang time

meteor freak

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
  • "Live free" ('5')
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 03:06:30 pm »
Hindi kaya mas fit sya kung sa BOC? What you think guys?
Life is not about the people who act true to your face,

It's about the people who remain true behind your back.

gardov

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 43
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 05:54:12 pm »
Hindi naman sya ang magpa plano ng mga infrastructure... sya ang mag oversee ng buong programa, at ang pinaka main job nya ay pangalagaan ang pondong dumadaloy papunta sa programa.

In a text message to the Inquirer, Lacson said he accepted “the job offer after getting a series of briefings over the weekend from experts of the field of reconstruction and rehabilitation of disaster-stricken areas.”

As the rehabilitation czar, Lacson will manage not only funding from the government but also foreign assistance running into tens of millions of dollars meant for towns and cities in central Philippines.

so kung hindi sya isang corrupt na politician, perfect yung position para sa kanya.

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 07:15:42 pm »
Hindi kaya mas fit sya kung sa BOC? What you think guys?

That actually sounds like a better fit for his background.

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 07:39:45 pm »
Hindi naman sya ang magpa plano ng mga infrastructure... sya ang mag oversee ng buong programa, at ang pinaka main job nya ay pangalagaan ang pondong dumadaloy papunta sa programa.

so kung hindi sya isang corrupt na politician, perfect yung position para sa kanya.

Ya, I get that. But from the previous positions he held, I don't think he knows enough to make informed decisions. I can easily see a Janet Napoles II come to him, give a well prepared presentation that highlights only the good parts, then later be given the contract kasi "mukhang alam na alam nila ginagawa nila".

Yes, he was head of the PNP so he probably knows a bit about prices of building HQs, most likely alam nya rin presyo ng isang bahay or condo or whatever. But reconstructing a whole city, or province,  is not just x times the number of houses. Would he be in a position to know kung overpriced yung contract?

Siguro hindi siya corrupt pero paano yung mga "advisers" nya?

miguelitos

• I live by the rules, though sometime better ignore it!!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
  • Proud to be Espiya!!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 07:53:47 pm »

Saludo ako kay Ping dyan  toast::....need ng may matatag na paninindigan dahil cguradong bubuhos ang pera para matuksong magbulsa ang nasa pwesto.

gardov

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 43
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 09:52:51 pm »

He was actually the one who seeked advice from experts and not the other way around pala... yun naman ang sinabi sa isang article na nabasa ko.

The former senator admitted he was not familiar with rehabilitation work, prompting him to seek the advice of experts and urban planners until Sunday noon.

Lacson said he accepted Aquino's offer after receiving assurances from experts that recovery of typhoon-hit areas in the Visayas is "doable."

"That word (doable) really struck me," he said, adding he can start immediately as soon as Aquino issues the Executive Order and appointment papers defining the scope of his mandate as rehabilitation czar.

The government has an initial allocation of P40.9 billion for massive rebuilding, which Lacson said should not be put to waste.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/breaking-news/2013/12/02/lacson-accepts-rehab-czar-post-316648

dedicated sya sa trabaho dahil bago nya tanggapin, kumuha muna sya ng mga payo sa mga experts.

The fund would be used for shelter and public infrastructure including roads, bridges, airport, port and other facilities, 67 percent; livelihood and employment including support to agriculture and fisheries, 12 percent; local facilities, 11 percent; social services including health services, education and training, 9 percent.

The former senator is eyeing a "lean and mean" staff of 10 people, which includes a lawyer, financial expert and civil engineer.

================================================================

Senator Grace Poe in a text message explained that Lacson will have a positive impact in the rehabilitation efforts of the government.
Poe added that considering the fact that the rehabilitation czar will be handling the funding from the government as well as foreign aid, the task is challenging. She said the former senator has proven competence...

Senator Antonio Trillanes IV said Lacson is a dedicated public servant and no one can question his sincerity and effectiveness...

Earlier, Lacson confirmed that Aquino offered to him the position to lead the reconstruction efforts in areas devastated by Yolanda. However, he did not accept the offer right away. Instead, he asked the President that he be given three days to mull it over and to conduct consultations with experts in connection in connection with the rebuilding of towns and cities decimated by the killer typhoon...

The former senator added that he will make sure that businessmen will be given the right protection in order to encourage them to return to Leyte and Samar and to continue their investments.

Lacson revealed that Gaisano Mall, which was victimized by looters in the wake of Yolanda, must be given the assurance from the government that everything is under control within the bounds of law.
He said squatters were reportedly using Gaisano mall as their shelter.
"Balance in implementing the law, peace and order in order to make sure that violators will be answerable, and my determination and dedication to face the many challenges. Ito po ang gagamitin ko na susi. (I will use this as my key)," Lacson was quoted as saying.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/breaking-news/2013/12/02/senators-welcome-lacson-appointment-rehab-czar-316651

kahit si trillanes na pambato ng ibang ka espiya e boto sa kanya...

schwack

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 10:56:13 pm »
@gardov +1

Ok na si Ping dito desidido naman siyang matuto at tumulong tungkol sa ibinigay na posisyon sakanya, If I'm not mistaken mga sir paki correct po ako salamat, parang si Ping yata yung isa sa mga hindi kumukuha ng PDAF? tama ba?.. Gusto ko sa mga sinabi nya yung.. Lalabas daw pagiging basagulero nya kapag may bumaboy sa kanyang mga adhikain, pero sana maging maayos ang kanyang adhikain para sa Visayas. Madami dami kasing mga epal at mga kabute na nagsulputan out of no where para mapansin ng madlang people mga samantala ika nga. Mas maganda siguro imbis na kumontra sa pagtatalaga sakanya mas magandang imonitor nalang yung mga gagawin niya para kung may anomalya or kapalpakan madali siyang mapalitan, try muna malay natin maging matino talaga ang rehabilitation na gagawin niya. Kasi kahit sinong itatalaga sigurado may mga kokontra din naman at mauuna ang duda hindi maiiwasan yun lalo na sa mga anomalyang nangyayari.