Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Still no aid in typhoon-hit Samar town  (Read 1805 times)

bouya harumichi

• "i only fight with people who look stronger than me! Else i can't burn!"
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Real Men Need To Stand Out
Still no aid in typhoon-hit Samar town
« on: November 29, 2013, 09:43:02 am »
ABS-CBNnews.com Posted at 11/28/2013 9:56 PM | Updated as of 11/28/2013 11:02 PM

TACLOBAN CITY -- The town of Sta. Rita is the first town in Samar after the San Juanico Bridge, but despite its accessibility, residents said they have yet to receive aid from the government.

Residents of the town wait by the road every day, waiting for some of the relief trucks coming from Tacloban City to stop and provide them with aid.

According to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), they have delivered relief goods to all affected towns in Samar and Leyte.

However, residents of Sta. Rita said they haven't received any aid from the government or any private organization.

Residents wonder why they haven't received any relief goods.

They have resorted to writing messages on boards and posting these signs on posts and tree trunks, to catch the attention of passing relief trucks.

Most of the damaged houses in town have been rebuilt, and what the residents need at the moment are food and other basic needs.

The DSWD said that they will look into the incident and find out what happened to the relief goods intended for Sta. Rita. -- report from Jenny Reyes, ABS-CBN News

Full report :
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/regions/11/28/13/still-no-aid-typhoon-hit-samar-town
"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"