Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: What to Pick: Pick Up trucks(4x2)  (Read 3275 times)

Kanuts

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 4
What to Pick: Pick Up trucks(4x2)
« on: November 28, 2013, 11:55:05 pm »
Espiya brothers, what would be the top pick:

1. Nissan navara
2. Mitsubishi strada
3. Toyota hilux
4. Isuzu dmax
5. Ford ranger
6. Mazda BT-50
 Criterias -
1. Price
2. Interior design/seating comfortability/interior size
3. Gas efficiency
4. Engine power
5. Looks
6. Maintenance
7. Compartment size

*balak ko kasi bumili mga ka espiya, for family use, city and urban driving
Do What Ever You Want.. :D

frost entangle

• Espiya Old-Timer
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 14
Re: What to Pick: Pick Up trucks(4x2)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 12:53:42 am »
Top Gear PH considers Ford Ranger Wildtrak as the strongest, however may i rerelease na bagong line ang Chevy with much stronger engines. Personally, I've been craving the Toyota Hilux G customized by Nat's Performance displayed at Toyota Davao.

Kanuts

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 4
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 01:28:21 am »
Thanks frost. Actually im siding on ranger due to power and looks or strada because of reviews, sabi kasi nila spacipus daw yung interior ng strada and good for the family. Pero im still in he process of picking parang lahat kasi okay naman, pili nalang ng suitable para sa use.

frost entangle

• Espiya Old-Timer
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 14
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 02:13:34 am »
Thanks frost. Actually im siding on ranger due to power and looks or strada because of reviews, sabi kasi nila spacipus daw yung interior ng strada and good for the family. Pero im still in he process of picking parang lahat kasi okay naman, pili nalang ng suitable para sa use.

Yes Strada has good reviews, and bang for the buck din yung cheapest nila na Strada. However you might want to reconsider if importante sayo ang truck bed since Strada has the least spacious truck bed.

nickonorebas

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 3
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 06:21:23 am »
Chevrolet Colorado sir.

Kanuts

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 4
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 06:41:38 am »
Yes Strada has good reviews, and bang for the buck din yung cheapest nila na Strada. However you might want to reconsider if importante sayo ang truck bed since Strada has the least spacious truck bed.

Yun nga din yung downside nun sir eh yung truck bed. Pero kasi medyo least of the concerns yun eh. Dii kasi sya pang business. Confirmed ba na strada yung may largest interior space or cabin space. More on travelling and city driving sya gagamitin eh. Medyo nahilig kasi sa pick up trucks kaya di masyasong option yung SUVs.

Kanuts

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 4
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 06:43:37 am »
Chevrolet Colorado sir.

Oo nga pala sir, pwede din na isama sa Options yun. Pero ano kaya yung pros and cons sa colorado?

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 07:40:37 am »
I think Nissan Navara is a good choice too. Kung titignan mas mababa and smaller but its very reliable and mas malakas. Anyway kung porma I think Mazda BT-50 or Colorado. The least sa choice ko is Strada. Why kasi the 2013 look of Strada is almost the same sa older Strada. Dmax new look is nice but Colorado is still bigger ( as claimed by the Isuzu themselves I have inquired last week).

I have been shopping sa new Pick Up din dito sa Iloilo. My old Nissan Frontier needs upgrade. So I think the Navara will fit the gap. Sa price almost the same. Sa Fuel economy edge ang Nissan (2.5L) at Ranger (2.2L) on both 4x2. Engine power Nissan has the edge. Interior Mazda got my vote. Sa Look also Mazda sa Maintenance Nissan got my thumbs up. So My Pick Nissan but at the end of the day you will drive the pick up.So your choice.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 01:40:53 pm »
pa singit dito  ::lmao

for me Toyota Hilux because parts are cheaper easy to maintain since nasa asia ka na why not go for asian cars?

since 4x2 lang naman gagamitin mo not 4x4 , i find ford and chevy trucks are good they have that power that japanese cars cant give

frost entangle

• Espiya Old-Timer
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 14
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 09:29:48 pm »
I think Nissan Navara is a good choice too. Kung titignan mas mababa and smaller but its very reliable and mas malakas. Anyway kung porma I think Mazda BT-50 or Colorado. The least sa choice ko is Strada. Why kasi the 2013 look of Strada is almost the same sa older Strada. Dmax new look is nice but Colorado is still bigger ( as claimed by the Isuzu themselves I have inquired last week).

I have been shopping sa new Pick Up din dito sa Iloilo. My old Nissan Frontier needs upgrade. So I think the Navara will fit the gap. Sa price almost the same. Sa Fuel economy edge ang Nissan (2.5L) at Ranger (2.2L) on both 4x2. Engine power Nissan has the edge. Interior Mazda got my vote. Sa Look also Mazda sa Maintenance Nissan got my thumbs up. So My Pick Nissan but at the end of the day you will drive the pick up.So your choice.

Bakit nga ba ang daming positive reviews sa Nissan pickups? marami akong nababasa sa forums and  they always pull a joke na kapag may nalulubog na truck sasabihin nilang "wait for the Nissan". You're the Nissan guy here so ano ba talaga yung advantage ng Nissan trucks over the others?

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 01:15:36 pm »
pa singit dito  ::lmao

for me Toyota Hilux because parts are cheaper easy to maintain since nasa asia ka na why not go for asian cars?

since 4x2 lang naman gagamitin mo not 4x4 , i find ford and chevy trucks are good they have that power that japanese cars cant give

Didn't someone from Top Gear demonstrate that the Toyota Hilux was hard to destroy?
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 01:22:01 pm »
Didn't someone from Top Gear demonstrate that the Toyota Hilux was hard to destroy?

yup top gear UK yun sir BAZ  ::lmao

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 01:52:06 pm »
yup top gear UK yun sir BAZ  ::lmao

We should ask the Chairwoman and the CEO to buy a couple of those for the motor pool.  ;D

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 05:17:12 pm »
We should ask the Chairwoman and the CEO to buy a couple of those for the motor pool.  ;D

i like the All Black Chevy Tahoe for them as their motor pool  laffman:: it looks bad a** and its a V8 it is fast and stable in case we need to go out fast due to their schedules

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 08:24:25 pm »
i like the All Black Chevy Tahoe for them as their motor pool  laffman:: it looks bad a** and its a V8 it is fast and stable in case we need to go out fast due to their schedules

Or when the Chairwoman's in a bad mood and she gains access to the weapons rooms.  laffman::

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 09:20:13 pm »
Bakit nga ba ang daming positive reviews sa Nissan pickups? marami akong nababasa sa forums and  they always pull a joke na kapag may nalulubog na truck sasabihin nilang "wait for the Nissan". You're the Nissan guy here so ano ba talaga yung advantage ng Nissan trucks over the others?

Reliability! Nissan is a pick choice of huge company even UNITED NATION loves to use either Nissan or Toyota and Land Rover. We had a Toyota before and Nissan we also had own Mitsubishi and a Honda (Bragging aside ok) We felt Nissan really does the Job. Not just bringing from point A to B but in style and safe too. Toyota the Hilux before was real Tough as Nail but now the Fortuner and they New Hi Lux Pick up is not that thick compare to old days Truck. Now Nissan Navarra has a great review and also walks the walk. Kunting Pa pogi lang sa Navarra it could step up to the plate of Bigger looking Pick up. Like the Mazda, Ford and even the New Isuzu.

frost entangle

• Espiya Old-Timer
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 14
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 10:44:25 pm »
Reliability! Nissan is a pick choice of huge company even UNITED NATION loves to use either Nissan or Toyota and Land Rover. We had a Toyota before and Nissan we also had own Mitsubishi and a Honda (Bragging aside ok) We felt Nissan really does the Job. Not just bringing from point A to B but in style and safe too. Toyota the Hilux before was real Tough as Nail but now the Fortuner and they New Hi Lux Pick up is not that thick compare to old days Truck. Now Nissan Navarra has a great review and also walks the walk. Kunting Pa pogi lang sa Navarra it could step up to the plate of Bigger looking Pick up. Like the Mazda, Ford and even the New Isuzu.

From that standpoint, I think its timely that Nissan should release the new version of Navarra this 2014 at least improve the looks (this is what the new version of pickups from other brands did anyways, no engine improvements whatsoever, just looks), and I think they would be on top of the list. yay or nay?