Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Gibo teodoro  (Read 2201 times)

bouya harumichi

• "i only fight with people who look stronger than me! Else i can't burn!"
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Real Men Need To Stand Out
Gibo teodoro
« on: November 25, 2013, 04:15:28 am »

Gibo hits back: Uncle Danding doesn’t own me
abs-cbnNEWS.com

MANILA, Philippines – Lakas-Kampi-CMD standard-bearer Gilberto Teodoro on Friday reacted to remarks made by his aunt and cousin that he has been ungrateful to his uncle, Nationalist People’s Coalition (NPC) chair emeritus, Eduardo “Danding” Cojuangco Jr., who had supported his professional and political career.

“Issues of that nature are not proper issues for a presidential election. Issues of that nature do not affect the life of Juan de la Cruz by any stretch of imagination,” Teodoro said.

His remarks were well applauded during the national convention of the Chamber of Thrift Banks in Makati City on Friday.

Teodoro said it’s bad to assume that if “the patron has created you, the patron has made you, therefore the patron owns you.”

“That kind of politics has beset the country for a long, long time,” he added.

Teodoro said rifts within his family should not be made an election issue since these do not affect the lives of the Filipino people.

He said making these an election issue was “quite dangerous” as it “smacks of patronage politics.”

Response to cousin Lisa

Teodoro was reacting to his cousin Lisa Cojuangco-Cruz, daughter of Danding, who commented on Thursday that she would not support him as she openly endorsed Liberal Party (LP) presidential candidate Sen. Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III of the Liberal Party.

“Sa akin, that’s beside…beyond me already. Republika ng Pilipinas ang pinag-uusapan dito. Bansa ang pinag-uusapan, hindi isang pamilya, hindi ang pakiramdam ng tao, unless ang mindset mo, ikaw ang may-ari ng bansa (That’s beside…beyond me already. The Republic of the Philippines is what’s at stake here. It’s about the nation, not about a single family, not about the feelings of a single person, unless your mindset is that you own the country),” Teodoro said.

Cojuangco-Cruz told ABS-CBN News in a campaign sortie of Aquino III that their family will support any presidential candidate but Teodoro.

She said her father felt insulted by Teodoro’s decision to leave the NPC for the administration party, Lakas-Kampi-CMD.

“Masamang-masama ang loob ng daddy ko. He was given all the best, better than all the children. Basta na lang umalis. Walang kinalaman si GMA (President Arroyo). Lumaki ang ulo eh. Kailangan niyang bumaba (My daddy feels really bad. He was given all the best, better than all the children. He just went away. President Arroyo has nothing to do with this. He (Teodoro) became arrogant. He needs to look down),” Cruz said.

Anybody but Gibo

Last month, Danding’s wife, Gretchen, told reporters that her husband would support any candidate except for Teodoro. (Read: Anybody but Gibo, says Danding’s wife)

“Anybody but Gibo. Anybody,” she told reporters, after being asked who her husband would support between Teodoro and their other nephew, Noynoy Aquino.

I’m just a wife that’s why ga lain ang buot ko (sumasama ang loob ko) for my husband,” she said in Ilonggo.

Mrs. Cojuangco said Teodoro failed to inform her husband that he was leaving the NPC to join Lakas-Kampi-CMD despite receiving help from Danding for the past 9 years.

She also belied reports that Teodoro and her husband are in good terms. – With a report from Willard Cheng, ABS-CBN News
"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"

leightot

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • BEA SUZY! ftw
Re: Gibo teodoro
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 04:35:46 am »
Brilliant, "incomparably competent" and noble. GIBO and GORDON are the most qualified candidates among presidentiables on 2016.

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 04:47:39 am »
Brilliant, "incomparably competent" and noble. GIBO and GORDON are the most qualified candidates among presidentiables on 2016.

Kaso mukhang di na tatakbo ulit si Gibo.. He didn't even bother running for senate nung May.. :(

leightot

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • BEA SUZY! ftw
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 04:51:12 am »
Kaso mukhang di na tatakbo ulit si Gibo.. He didn't even bother running for senate nung May.. :(

kaya nga eh, sayang. Sana one of them tumakbo for 2016 Mar and Binay pa lang may intention parang circus nanaman yung presidential election puro kasi clown eh haha.

Jann Frost

• Pronmeister
  • Knights of PS
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 143
  • Rough over Mellow
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 05:19:21 am »
I actually voted for him last election. I believe in that guy and magaling siya makisama sa mga tao, kahit nung nag concede na siya kinakausap pa rin niya mga supporters niya at hindi niya iniwan sa ere.

bouya harumichi

• "i only fight with people who look stronger than me! Else i can't burn!"
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Real Men Need To Stand Out
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 05:40:39 am »

Gibo showed the MOST potential and leadership skill out of any presidentiable candidate, i would even say ever.
too bad people are not intelligent enough to decipher propaganda from the truth. t
hats why we are in the current situation.
as far as being a Cojuanco, he went against the wishes of his uncle and broke the mold.
thats a muthafuckin boss if you ask me. Gibo might be a Cojuangco, but he's thinking and principles in life are different from aquino-cojuanco clan. I supported him in his presidential race.
And GIBO had the great delikadesa to refuse appointment offered by PNOY after election
"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"

bodieph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 08:06:10 am »
err, isn't this article very old already? why the sudden urge to bring it up again? that article came up during the last presidential election season, three years ago

I have to count on memory since there was no link to the article and im pretty sure this has been brought up (if not the article itself, then the discussion about it) here 3 years ago

locking thread for now