Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Public can now monitor status of foreign aid  (Read 2299 times)

meteor freak

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
  • "Live free" ('5')
Public can now monitor status of foreign aid
« on: November 17, 2013, 08:05:53 am »
Credit:  ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 11/17/2013 5:29 PM | Updated as of 11/17/2013 5:29 PM

MANILA -- The Aquino government has launched a web-based initiative called Foreign Aid Transparency Hub (FAiTH), which will allow the public to monitor the status of foreign assistance coming in for the victims of Super Typhoon Yolanda.

"There's an urgent call now for us to monitor the movement of foreign aid funds for Yolanda so they will go exactly where they're supposed to: to the survivors of the typhoon for whom recovery will be a long and arduous process, and to the communities that need to be rehabilitated as quickly and efficiently as possible," Department of Budget and Management Undersecretary and Chief Information Officer Richard "Bon" Moya said.

"FAiTH is the Aquino administration's pioneering response to this growing need for transparency and accountability in the management of humanitarian donations," he added.

Some sectors earlier called for transparency in the distribution of the aid. The Commission on Audit already promised these will be audited.

The portal, which can be accessed via www.gov.ph/faith, will show to the public how the funds were spent.

Moya said the portal will contain information on calamity aid and assistance -- both in cash and in kind -- received by the Philippines from other countries, multilateral organizations, and also those sent through Philippine embassies abroad.

The FAiTH monitoring team will represented by the Department of Foreign Affairs, DBM, Department of Finance , Commission on Audit, DSWD, National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, the Presidential Management Staff and the Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office under the Office of the President.

"Counter to what most people think, foreign aid isn't given to the Philippine government in hard cash. Instead, these arrive in the form of pledges, which are released to aid groups or their corresponding organizations in the Philippines, such as USAID and Red Cross. In cases like this, FAiTH doesn't monitor these funds; instead, it tracks foreign aid that is coursed through Philippine government agencies," Moya said.

Budget Secretary Florencio Abad added: “We believe that other humanitarian organizations and civil society groups want the very same things that this Administration is working for: greater transparency and accountability in the use of funds, especially those that are meant to bring relief and urgent assistance to the victims of calamities.”

“Working together, the Philippine government and the global community can accomplish much toward rebuilding the communities damaged by Yolanda and restoring normalcy to the lives of those who were affected by the typhoon," he said.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/11/17/13/public-can-now-monitor-status-foreign-aid

http://www.gov.ph/faith/
Life is not about the people who act true to your face,

It's about the people who remain true behind your back.

bouya harumichi

• "i only fight with people who look stronger than me! Else i can't burn!"
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Real Men Need To Stand Out
Re: Public can now monitor status of foreign aid
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 09:15:49 am »
Here comes the cleaning of their messes.. hahahaha.. papogi points baka maisalba pa ang mga career nila for 2016
"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"

meteor freak

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
  • "Live free" ('5')
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 10:03:44 am »
Here comes the cleaning of their messes.. hahahaha.. papogi points baka maisalba pa ang mga career nila for 2016

Lets just hope and pray na maibigay ang transparency na hinahangad ng mga tao. Personally, i don't care kung papogi lang ang motibo nila o ang tingin ng iba sa ginagawa nila basta para sa ikabubuti  at kapakanan ng bawat pilipino masaya ako kung magiging successful ang programang ito ng gobyerno.

MiKeDaCuTe

• Laking Beer Brand!!!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 159
  • Kung Kaya ng Iba, Ipagawa mo sa Kanila...
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 10:45:41 am »
tax free ba to?  ;D

bouya harumichi

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 10:46:25 am »
@meteor freak..

Dude ginawa lang nila yan kasi.maraming balita na hindi napupunta sa mga nabiktima yjng.mga tulong mg ibang bansa.. kung tlgang seryoso sila sa transparency bakit hindi isama sa transperency ang budget ng gobyerno.. kung saan napupunta ung mga bjnabayaran nateng tax.. kung saan napupunta ang.mga pork barrel nila.. maveverify naten kung ung mga project ba na sinasabi nila eh existing ba tlga.. if yan nagawa nila siguradong uunlad tau..
"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"

dweizz

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 35
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 10:47:54 am »
para tuloy lang donation ng ibang bansa tapos ang pork barrel nila nakabulsa lang...

meteor freak

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
  • "Live free" ('5')
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 01:32:24 pm »
@meteor freak..

Dude ginawa lang nila yan kasi.maraming balita na hindi napupunta sa mga nabiktima yjng.mga tulong mg ibang bansa.. kung tlgang seryoso sila sa transparency bakit hindi isama sa transperency ang budget ng gobyerno.. kung saan napupunta ung mga bjnabayaran nateng tax.. kung saan napupunta ang.mga pork barrel nila.. maveverify naten kung ung mga project ba na sinasabi nila eh existing ba tlga.. if yan nagawa nila siguradong uunlad tau..

If that's what you think about it i understand, we all have different point of views and i respect that, im still expecting and hoping that our government will do better para maiangat ang ating bansa mayroon pa siyang 3 years, panahon para maipakita ang pagbabagong pinangako ng pangulo satin hanggang sa matapos ang kanyang termino saka ko titingnan kung meron nga ba o wala at kung naging mas mabuti nga ba ang buhay ng maraming Pilipino at kung sakaling wala ngang pagbabago sa ating bansa that's the time to criticize him and to decide not to support his entire political party for the upcoming election.

Kase kung magiging critics ako ngayon wala din naman mangyayari, matatapos at matatapos din ang termino nya so mas mabuti pa siguro na sumuporta nalang ako at umasa na gagawin nila ang tama para sa bayan. Hindi naman ako yung kritiko na maninira lang dahil malaki ang galit ko sa pangulo dahil yung idolo kong pulitiko ay sinasagasaan nya at saka para bumango ang pangalan ng pulitiko na gusto ko manalo sa susunod na halalan.

bouya harumichi

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 02:35:40 pm »
If that's what you think about it i understand, we all have different point of views and i respect that, im still expecting and hoping that our government will do better para maiangat ang ating bansa mayroon pa siyang 3 years, panahon para maipakita ang pagbabagong pinangako ng pangulo satin hanggang sa matapos ang kanyang termino saka ko titingnan kung meron nga ba o wala at kung naging mas mabuti nga ba ang buhay ng maraming Pilipino at kung sakaling wala ngang pagbabago sa ating bansa that's the time to criticize him and to decide not to support his entire political party for the upcoming election.

Kase kung magiging critics ako ngayon wala din naman mangyayari, matatapos at matatapos din ang termino nya so mas mabuti pa siguro na sumuporta nalang ako at umasa na gagawin nila ang tama para sa bayan. Hindi naman ako yung kritiko na maninira lang dahil malaki ang galit ko sa pangulo dahil yung idolo kong pulitiko ay sinasagasaan nya at saka para bumango ang pangalan ng pulitiko na gusto ko manalo sa susunod na halalan.

-=Kurabo=-

• Patience is a Virtue but Time is Gold
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 48
  • Kurabo
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 05:54:00 pm »
pagkatapos ng ilang buwan makikita mo down ang site ::laffman

it ain't over. . .till its over