Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: BIR won’t impose tax on relief goods if coursed through gov’tagencies  (Read 2598 times)

bouya harumichi

• "i only fight with people who look stronger than me! Else i can't burn!"
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Real Men Need To Stand Out
EXcerpt from :  http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/527239/bir-wont-impose-tax-on-relief-goods-if-coursed-through-govt-agencies

MANILA, Philippines – The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) on Thursday clarified that relief goods both from here and abroad for the victims of monster typhoon Yolanda (international name Haiyan) will be spared from tax as long as it is coursed through the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) or accredited private foundations.

BIR Commissioner Kim Henares explained that under Republic Act 10121 or the Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act of 2010, donations to the national disaster relief and rehabilitation management council is duty-exempt under Section 155.

“Now for the VAT (Value Added Tax), these are VAT exempt but if there’s any VAT, as long as the donation is made to NDRRMC (National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council), it is going to be paid for by government via tax expenditure,” Henares said.

“So, at the end of the day, there’s really no tax because this is going to be shouldered by the government,” she said.

With regards to donations coming from abroad, Henares said, it has to be donated to relief organizations accredited by the Department of Social Welfare and Development.

“Please coordinate with the DSWD about the VAT because they have a mechanism to address that. Donation to NDRRMC is also duty exempt and if there’s going to be a VAT, it is going to be supported by the GAA (General Appropriations Act),” Henares said.

Some 10 million individuals were affected by the typhoon, with over 2,300 deaths, thus far, according to NDRRMC.
"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"

Type_One

• Power-UP!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 282
  • SPOON's Next Door Neighbor...DRIFT it FURTHER!
there is no tax at all...period. Commissioner Kim Y. briefed some officials of the Bureau this morning...Fri 11/15. My mom was there in that meeting this morning. hehe
Be a Star but NEVER act friendly...
(Wipe Me Down)

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
there is no tax at all...period. Commissioner Kim Y. briefed some officials of the Bureau this morning...Fri 11/15. My mom was there in that meeting this morning. hehe

I'm fairly certain that there are some people who are going to offer a contradictory opinion or turn things around to suit their own purposes, amigo. Then they're going to plug their candidate for 2016.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

meteor freak

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
  • "Live free" ('5')
I'm fairly certain that there are some people who are going to offer a contradictory opinion or turn things around to suit their own purposes, amigo. Then they're going to plug their candidate for 2016.

I totally agree sir, ang daming lumalabas na issue hindi mo na malaman ang totoo sisihan dito sisihan doon only for just 1 clear purpose, kung sino ang lalabas na mabaho at kung sino yung magiging mabango sa paningin ng mga tao ngayon, hindi ba pwede itigil na muna ang sisihan at papogihan? magkaisa nalang para sa pagtulong sa mga kababayan nating lubhang nasalanta ng bagyo.
Sorry kung OFF topic, just want to say my opinion.
Life is not about the people who act true to your face,

It's about the people who remain true behind your back.

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64

kung dadaan sa DSWD walang tax paano kung ayaw padaan sa DSWD or any private institution therefore may tax

kung mali ang report ibig sabihin e mali at mapalinglang ang mga writer ng inquirer???

weng151515

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 58
bos kim...pagkakataon nyo na to kumita ng malaki sa koleksyon...di ba ang gusto mang huli ng mga taxpayer na walang maipakitang dokumento..mag tax map na kayo sa Tacloban at karatig pook dami kayo mahuhuling wala record...ipenalty nyo lahat..

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
and then there's the word "IF" on the title... :(
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
Yes, but the title is misleading. Non-taxable din through DSWD recognized agencies. This measure is to prevent smuggling during times of crisis. Di ko sure kng may authority si Commissioner Kim na ioverride yun kasi nasa batas yun.

and then there's the word "IF" on the title... :(