Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: "sweetie" helps nab would- be sexual predators  (Read 1925 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
"sweetie" helps nab would- be sexual predators
« on: November 05, 2013, 01:51:11 pm »

"Sweetie" is a digital decoy designed to trick perverts into thinking they're having webcam sessions with a real live 10-year-old Filipina. In just two months, researchers were able to identify 1,000 people who offered money to the fake profile in exchange for sex acts.

According to the Netherlands-based children's rights group Terre des Hommes, who developed Sweetie, the decoy was approached by nearly 20,000 people, but they weren't able to track them all down.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGmKmVvCzkw&sns=em[/youtube]

The group, which uses similar methods as those seen on To Catch a Predator, operates Sweetie from a building in Amsterdam, even though would-be predators believe they're speaking with a young girl in the Philippines. The operation is Terre des Hommes's effort to combat "webcam child sex tourism," a growing problem in impoverished areas in which kids are forced into remote commercial sexual exploitation.

The details of the 1,000 people—254 of whom are Americans—were handed over to Interpol. However, even though the United Nations has policies that make child abuse illegal, police don't really do anything unless a child victim has filed a report.

"But children almost never report these crimes," said Hans Guyt, director of campaigns at Terre des Hommes Netherlands. "We want governments to adopt pro-active investigation policies that give law enforcement agencies the mandate to actively patrol public Internet hot spots where this child abuse is taking place every day."

In the meantime, the organization is asking people to sign a petition for a global crackdown on webcam predators.

Virtual girl dubbed 'sweetie' snares thousands of would-be sexual predators

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
Re: "sweetie" helps nab would- be sexual predators
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 06:40:54 pm »
and now it's been on the news ...
smart-ass pedo's will be cautious.  laffman::
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.

ONEP1ECE.MCMXCIII

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 40
  • Action Speaks Louder Than Words :))
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 11:26:28 pm »
Feeling ko isa sa mga nabiktima niya si Krista (espiya member) pedophile talaga yun ehhh...di ko maintindihan before why is he sharing me some of naked pictures ng mga bata aging 10yrs old below. :D

Sana naman di ka nadali Krista..hehehe..
sa personal na kayo magpa autograph :3

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 03:00:47 pm »
Maybe next time, they can try baiting some more lowlifes with a virtual girl who looks like this. All it would take is a few tweaks here and there to make her look more like a Filipina.

Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 06:50:57 pm »
Maybe next time, they can try baiting some more lowlifes with a virtual girl who looks like this. All it would take is a few tweaks here and there to make her look more like a Filipina.

Unless they've watched the film.
I suddenly remember the film S1m0ne.
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 02:42:48 am »
Unless they've watched the film.
I suddenly remember the film S1m0ne.

Yeah, that was a good movie. It kind of foresaw the day when it might be possible for digital actors to replace flesh-and-blood actors.

I wonder what kind of design changes would suit Aki Ross to make her look more like a Filipina? I'm thinking skin a shade darker perhaps, along with a slightly smaller bust size.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.