Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Bizarre exchange between Sinead O'Connor & Miley Cyrus  (Read 1888 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Bizarre exchange between Sinead O'Connor & Miley Cyrus
« on: October 03, 2013, 03:36:42 pm »

Miley Cyrus opened & told Rolling Stone that her “Wrecking Ball” video was inspired by the Sinead O’Connor classic, “Nothing Compares 2 U.” Naturally, this inspired the outspoken singer to pen a thousand-word missive to Miley and post it on her website. In true O’Connor fashion, her open letter cuts both ways — poignant and well, a little crazy. Some excerpts after the jump.

“I am extremely concerned for you that those around you have led you to believe, or encouraged you in your own belief, that it is in any way ‘cool’ to be naked and licking sledgehammers in your videos. It is in fact the case that you will obscure your talent by allowing yourself to be pimped, whether its the music business or yourself doing the pimping.”

“Real empowerment of yourself as a woman would be to in future refuse to exploit your body or your sexuality in order for men to make money from you.”

“You also said in Rolling Stone that your look is based on mine. The look I chose, I chose on purpose at a time when my record company were encouraging me to do what you have done. I felt I would rather be judged on my talent and not my looks. I am happy that I made that choice, not least because I do not find myself on the proverbial rag heap now that I am almost 47 yrs of age … which unfortunately many female artists who have based their image around their sexuality, end up on when they reach middle age.”

“Nothing but harm will come in the long run, from allowing yourself to be exploited …The music business doesn’t give a shit about you, or any of us. They will prostitute you for all you are worth, and cleverly make you think its what YOU wanted … and when you end up in rehab as a result of being prostituted, ‘they’ will be sunning themselves on their yachts in Antigua, which they bought by selling your body and you will find yourself very alone.”

“This is a dangerous world. We don’t encourage our daughters to walk around naked in it because it makes them prey for animals and less than animals, a distressing majority of whom work in the music industry and it’s associated media.”

ohkay..it's Miley's turn (basag si Sinead,as Miely compared her to Amanda Bynes!Egads!)

UGH...

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 03:47:24 pm by FerminaDaza »

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
nothing compares to wrecking ball
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 04:06:49 pm »
Music video producer/DJ/remixer Robin Skouteris spliced and chopped Miley's "Wrecking Ball" with O'Connor's "Nothing Compares 2 U" and created the ultimate shaved-head crying lady clip.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDcTgaoVwvs&sns=em[/youtube]