Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Krokodil - Scariest drug out there right now  (Read 9626 times)

gardov

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 43
Krokodil - Scariest drug out there right now
« on: September 28, 2013, 12:52:48 pm »
Not sure if anyone's heard of this "new" drug before pero kakatakot... di ko rin alam kung saan ilalagay to kaya sa sumbong sa espiya na lang as a warning for our fellow pinoys/espiyas tungkol sa droga na to.

Not safe for work by the way... also kapag nag search ka sa google images ng krokodil, kadiri mga makikita mo. anyway, eto yung youtube video ng Vice patungkol dito

[youtube]JsUH8llvTZo[/youtube]

The street name in Russia for homemade desomorphine is "krokodil" (крокодил, crocodile), reportedly due to the scale-like appearance of skin of its users and the derivation from chlorocodide.[10] Due to difficulties in procuring heroin, combined with easy and cheap access to over-the-counter pharmacy products containing codeine in Russia, use of "krokodil" has been on the increase. The high associated with krokodil is akin to that of heroin, but lasts a much shorter period. While the effects of heroin use can last four to eight hours, the effects of krokodil do not usually extend past one and a half hours,[11] with the symptoms of withdrawal setting in soon after. Krokodil takes roughly 30 minutes to an hour to prepare with over-the-counter ingredients in a kitchen.

[12] Since the homemade mix is routinely injected immediately with little or no further purification, "krokodil" has become notorious for producing severe tissue damage, phlebitis and gangrene, sometimes requiring limb amputation in long-term users.[13] The amount of tissue damage is so high that addicts' life expectancies are said to be as low as two to three years, especially as they are often highly susceptible to infections and gangrene due to widespread HIV infection among injecting drug users in Russia.[14][15][16]

Abuse of homemade desomorphine was first reported in middle and eastern Siberia in 2002, but has since spread throughout Russia and the neighboring former Soviet republics. One death in Poland in December 2011 was also believed to be caused by "krokodil" use, and its use has been confirmed among Russian expatriate communities in a number of other European countries.[17]
Possibly the first discovery of use of the drug in the United States was reported by the Banner Poison Control Center in Phoenix, Arizona, in September 2013.[18][19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desomorphine

franksterling

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 193
Re: Krokodil - Scariest drug out there right now
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 12:28:35 am »
i watched this documentary about krokodil, i think some of the people in russia are desperate. yung isang community nila dyan parang high lahat. haha

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
warning:extremely strong images of skin melting krokodil
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 01:48:05 pm »
The unknown and surprising origin of the flesh-eating drug Krokodil:

Back in the 1930s, American scientists were searching for a morphine substitute when they stumbled upon a new drug called desomorphine. Little did they know that they had invented a substance that would be used to turn people into near zombies in Russia—and Arizona—nine decades later.

[read ] [more]

« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:56:16 pm by FerminaDaza »