Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Rome 2 Total War  (Read 1528 times)

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
Rome 2 Total War
« on: September 19, 2013, 03:20:02 am »
so after playing with Rome 2, I found out its not that good (as one review said, its like Shogun 2 was Civ 4 and Rome 2 is the Civ 5, to illustrate that it was bad compared to the previous installment)

the dumb down province management (while it made sense in the other titles like when it was first introduced in Napoleon), this doesn't make sense in Rome 2. No walls so basically you have no need for your siege equipment to actually siege unless you are attacking the provincial capital. combat is also a little too easy, archers are more or less useless, range is like 80-125. by the time archers have your units in range, your units can just charge at them. naval combat though is the worst. I still have no idea how and what makes for a successful ramming that would sink the other ship (its a hit or miss thing so far)

my biggest complaint though is the lack of information (I have to keep on right clicking and waiting for the encyclopedia to load to know more about what this thing does) and the lag (from what I heard, its even worse on the latest patch since they increased some security checks or something that causes more lag)

ssssooooo.... I played around with my savegame just to have some fun (using ESF to edit the values in the savegame - can also directly edit the savegame as txt but its easier in ESF)

click on the images for full size

general unit increased to 200 from 40
replaced hastati (starting unit) to praetorian guard (best unit) and increased unit count to 500 from 160
replaced some other hastati with praetorian cavalry and increasedto 200 from 160
replaced velites and leves to giant ballista and heavy onager (wasnt able to change the number of siege weapons just the crew so far since the original unit were just men no equipment)
also changed the gold
character traits I could also change but I don't know the proper tag names of different traits

the setting is in ultra high, I was only getting like 20-30 FPS (it was worse in extreme), on next loading, I switched to high (two notches down), FPS is up to around 30-40 but still way too low (considering it goes to around 100 at the menu and when playing cinematics)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 08:16:43 am by bodieph »

DbigReD1

• ayan naaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • Pinoyspy s the rison why i got an Intrnt connction
Re: Rome 2 Total War
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 01:40:52 pm »
overall boss bod? recommended ba? ganda pa nmn ng larong yan dati
Vita di Linving nella Contingenza

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 09:12:13 pm »
if you haven't played the other titles before, then sure its a good game. pero if you have played the others (and I mean not just one title but several), medyo hindi mo magugustuhan and you will prefer to wait around muna for the patches

in my game, I had to disable seeing AI movement para mas bumilis ang end turn, ang nangyari kasi mas matagal pa yung end turn kaysa sa turn ko mismo. pag turn ko na mga 5min or less tapos na ako on average pero pag click end turn ang tagal matapos ng AI kasi ang daming kalaban tapos yung mga visible sa mapa mo makikita mo ang movement ng bawat isa
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 09:17:46 pm by bodieph »

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 09:47:48 pm »
Sir,

I think this guy also have the same disappointment as you.
Not the temper.
 ;D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_QK-lcW8a8[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_QK-lcW8a8
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 02:01:02 am »
eto may konteng improvement to the game via a MOD, not even an official patch

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618817-Radious-Total-War-Mod-(Updated-20-9-2013)