Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: My right collar bone sticks out.  (Read 10273 times)

jesstaticX

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
My right collar bone sticks out.
« on: September 19, 2013, 12:18:09 am »
I just noticed it yesterday that my right collar bone is sticking out. Though my left is also visible but the right one medyo malaki compared sa left collar bone ko. Medyo masakit pag hinahawakan ko yung right collar bone pero nawawala naman when I do stretches. Is this normal or what?Prior to this, I did the usual workout like bench presses, incline and decline. Medyo nahihirapan lang ako with incline bench press so lately I used dumpbells instead of barbells.

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
Re: My right collar bone sticks out.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 12:20:37 am »
Uhmm which one bro? Do you have pics? Are you refferring to the collar bone itself or yung sa shoulder joint banda.

☺☻JDC™

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 179
  • "pag ako gahhh!!!!" ika nga ng nawala kong mamay.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 01:04:57 am »
baka mali routine mo..check it out....

bleep

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 18
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 01:29:56 am »
baka nabugbog yung buto when you did incline presses. i was hit by a golf ball on the collar bone before. the lump never subsided. to be sure, have it xrayed to check if you broke it or something.

when you do incline presses, be sure the downward movement is controlled. dont bounce it on you because it will hit your collarbone. all movements should be controlled to avoid injuries.

jesstaticX

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 01:31:17 am »
Uhmm which one bro? Do you have pics? Are you refferring to the collar bone itself or yung sa shoulder joint banda.
Yung sa shoulder joint banda bro. Kung titingnan mo sya parang same lang from the left pero paghahawakan mo saka mo malalaman na its bigger than the other one.

jesstaticX

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 01:45:56 am »
baka mali routine mo..check it out....
Been doing my routine for 2 months, ngayon ko lang to nangyari.

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 01:53:56 am »
To put it simply. Have an X Ray and MRI done..

But I think I know what you are saying. I have rotator cuff tendinitis. There are plenty of reasons why I had this.

Bad posture and habits (sleeping on my shoulders since I was a small child)
Muscular imbalances (too much pressing and less of pulling exercises)
Excessive training (or probably overtraining)
Bad technique when performing your athletic thingies..

Not saying that you might have rotator cuff issues. But if you say its painful when doing presses then you probably have it. You might also have pain doing rotational movements with the shoulders.

So again, best bet mo sir is to have it checked by a doctor. He will ask you to perform certain movements and afterwards have you Xrayed and MRI.

jesstaticX

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 02:08:08 am »
To put it simply. Have an X Ray and MRI done..

But I think I know what you are saying. I have rotator cuff tendinitis. There are plenty of reasons why I had this.

Bad posture and habits (sleeping on my shoulders since I was a small child)
Muscular imbalances (too much pressing and less of pulling exercises)
Excessive training (or probably overtraining)
Bad technique when performing your athletic thingies..

Not saying that you might have rotator cuff issues. But if you say its painful when doing presses then you probably have it. You might also have pain doing rotational movements with the shoulders.

So again, best bet mo sir is to have it checked by a doctor. He will ask you to perform certain movements and afterwards have you Xrayed and MRI.
Thanks bro.

I used to sleep on my shoulders too pero ngayon masakit na everytime I do that pero nawawala ang sakit when I do rotational shoulder movements.

I'd better have it check para sigurado...

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 02:12:49 am »
Medyo wag ka muna ma convince pag sinabi ng doktor na pahinga mo lang. Make sure you have it checked via Xray and MRI para ma assess. Go to a legit doctor like people from Phil Orthopedic Center. Kasi they usually want to get laboratory results before making any judgement.

I was initially advised to rest totally for 2 weeks. Pero dahil matigas ulo ko pasundot sundot pa rin ako ng mga workout that I would think will not irritate my shoulder. Pero ayun d pa rin gumaling. Kaya ngayon totally avoid ko na yung shoulder and chest pressing (I am giving it a month dahil sobrang tigas ng ulo ko  ;D ). Focus na lang ako sa legs and back workouts.

jesstaticX

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 10:04:15 pm »
Medyo wag ka muna ma convince pag sinabi ng doktor na pahinga mo lang. Make sure you have it checked via Xray and MRI para ma assess. Go to a legit doctor like people from Phil Orthopedic Center. Kasi they usually want to get laboratory results before making any judgement.

I was initially advised to rest totally for 2 weeks. Pero dahil matigas ulo ko pasundot sundot pa rin ako ng mga workout that I would think will not irritate my shoulder. Pero ayun d pa rin gumaling. Kaya ngayon totally avoid ko na yung shoulder and chest pressing (I am giving it a month dahil sobrang tigas ng ulo ko  ;D ). Focus na lang ako sa legs and back workouts.

Eto nalang siguro ang ifocus ko sa ngayon legs, back and abs.

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 12:36:51 am »
Ingat ka rin mag biceps and arms.. since part pa rin ng rotator cuff yung bicep tendon. Bro pa check mo na agad para ma diagnose. Kasi kung palilipasin mo pa hindi mo ma coconfirm yung defficiencies mo sa balikat mo. At lis pag sinabi na ng doktor yung diagnosis nya, ma papayuhan ka na kung pano mo i rerehab yung troubled part mo to prevent future injuries.

Turon

• The witness & the arbitrator of the scion.
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • My doctor told me not to dance again.
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 05:30:40 am »
I also had the same dilemma 4 years ago about my collar bone when I was still a beginner.I did some chest dips and it didn't take the heavy pressure on my chest.I heard a "snapping" sound on my way down.I felt pain every time I inhale due to suspected condochondritis on my rib cage near my collar bone.But I didn't  go to the doctor.I just rested it out and stopped working out for 3  months.And the pain went away after 5 months.Best thing to do is to consult a orthopedic surgeon doctor or a sports doctor to assess.The doctor will also assess the scale of the pain and will most likely to recommend you to get a specific x-ray which you can't find in normal regular hospitals or diagnostic clinics.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 05:33:07 am by Turon »