Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Anderson Silva calls Floyd Mayweather 'Papa Smurf'  (Read 1721 times)

bouya harumichi

• "i only fight with people who look stronger than me! Else i can't burn!"
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Real Men Need To Stand Out
Anderson Silva calls Floyd Mayweather 'Papa Smurf'
« on: August 29, 2013, 05:17:26 pm »
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva apparently doesn't think much of boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

"Who?" was Silva's reply to rapper and reporter Sway Calloway when asked about his opinion on the welterweight champion, who tangles with Saul "Canelo" Alvarez on September 14, during a guesting on Calloway's show "Sway in the Morning".

'Who is this guy? Mayweather what?" Silva continued in mock surprise when Calloway kept mentioning Mayweather's name.

"This guy is, uh, Smurfy? Is he a Smurf?" Silva continued.

"Floyd Mayweather," replied a now-smiling Calloway.

"I don't know this guy," said Silva, eliciting laughter from some people in the studio who were

Determined to get a straight reply from Silva, Calloway pressed on.

"What do you think of him as a boxer, though?" Calloway asked. "I mean, he's undefeated. Many have tried, and everyone has failed. What do you think of him as just a boxer?"

"Boxing is a great sport," Silva said. "My dad was a boxer for a long time in Brazil…People in the United States love boxing. I watched Roy Jones, Oscar De La Hoya, Vinnie Pazienza."

"Floyd Mayweather defeated Oscar De La Hoya," Calloway pointed out.

"Who?" was Silva's reply once more. "Who's this guy? The great man in boxing, in my opinion, is Muhammad Ali. [He] gave the chance for change for the world, inside and outside the ring."

When Calloway once again asked him about Mayweather, Silva again feigned ignorance and said, "Oh, he's a boxer? I don't know this guy."

ALSO READ: Pacquiao's career is over: Mayweather

When a listener called in to ask Silva what his issue was with Mayweather, Silva referred to

Finally after much cajoling from Calloway, Silva gave Mayweather grudging respect, calling him a "good boxer", but quickly added: "I don't need to talk too much because the guy don't respect me…Sorry, I don't respect Mayweather."

Silva, who is coming off a shocking loss to Chris Wiedman in UFC 162 last month, was referring to an interview Mayweather gave to ESNews several weeks ago, where he said he

Mayweather vs. Silva: now that's a fight worth watching.

http://ph.sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing--anderson-silva-calls-floyd-mayweather--papa-smurf--121751699.html
"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"

호밀 크루즈

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 65
  • Hanggang di mo naiintindihan, 'wag mong huhusgahan
Re: Anderson Silva calls Floyd Mayweather 'Papa Smurf'
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:00:29 pm »
Mayweather VS Silva? Saan? Sa Octagon? Edi nadurog yang Mayweather na yan.
DESTINY is not a matter of chance...It is a matter of CHOICE.

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 11:56:39 pm »
I had no idea that Anderson has some beef with Floyd..  ???

budotukmol

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 11:39:17 am »
away ng dalawang mayayabang.

raginghormones

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 89
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 11:35:16 pm »
si mayweather ang nagumpisa nyan. well lagi naman siya nauuna magsalita e hahaha

"Silva was apparently offended when Mayweather claimed that he did not know the UFC superstar.

“This guy no respect nothing so I no respect Mayweather,” said Silva.

In an interview with Fight Hype, Mayweather said he doesn’t know any athlete who can be compared to him in terms of greatness.

"I don't know that guy,” was his answer when asked about Silva. “Tell me, he's been at the top for 17 years? Seventeen? Half a decade more to go, then talk to me."

Mayweather was apparently referring to his 17-year unbeaten run compared to Silva’s 7 years in the UFC."

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 11:42:32 pm »
Thats disrespectful of Floyd if that was indeed true.. or a marketing ploy again, so the MMA meatheads hate him and in turn watch more of his fights awaiting for him to get his ass beat.

Hehe or maybe Im just giving Floyd too much credit.  toast:: For it is impossible for Floyd not to know Anderson since Floyd gambles a lot.