Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: And the new Batman is...  (Read 5080 times)

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
And the new Batman is...
« on: August 22, 2013, 11:06:51 pm »

Warner Bros. has announced that Ben Affleck will play Batman in 2015′s Batman vs. Superman! And while that title is still unofficial, they have announced the release date — July 17, 2015. Check out the full press release below:

BURBANK, CA, August 22, 2013 – Ending weeks of speculation, Ben Affleck has been set to star as Batman, a.k.a. Bruce Wayne. Affleck and filmmaker Zack Snyder will create an entirely new incarnation of the character in Snyder’s as-yet-untitled project—bringing Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen and continuing the director’s vision of their universe, which he established in “Man of Steel.” The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The studio has slated the film to open worldwide on July 17, 2015.

Last month’s surprise announcement of the new movie featuring both Superman and Batman created a wave of excitement and immediately fueled discussion and debate—among fans as well as in the media—about who would put on the cape and cowl of Bruce Wayne’s alter ego.

Snyder successfully re-imagined the origin of Clark Kent/Superman in the worldwide blockbuster “Man of Steel,” which has earned more than $650 million worldwide to date, and climbing. The director will now create an original vision of Batman and his world for the film that brings the two DC Comics icons together.

Affleck will star opposite Henry Cavill, who will reprise the role of Superman/Clark Kent. The film will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane.

In the announcement, Silverman stated, “We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some. His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.”

Snyder also expressed his excitement about the casting of Affleck, noting, “Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.”

Kroll added, “We are so thrilled that Ben is continuing Warner Bros.’ remarkable legacy with the character of Batman. He is a tremendously gifted actor who will make this role his own in this already much-anticipated pairing of these two beloved heroes.”

Affleck recently starred in the Academy Award®-winning Best Picture “Argo,” which he also directed and produced, earning acclaim and a BAFTA Award nomination for his performance in the film, as well as a number of directing honors. In 2010, he starred in and directed the hit crime thriller “The Town.” His recent acting work also includes “The Company Men,” “State of Play,” and “Hollywoodland,” for which he received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor. Earlier in his career, Affleck starred in and co-wrote (with Matt Damon) “Good Will Hunting,” for which he won an Oscar® for Best Original Screenplay.

The new Super Hero film is being scripted by David S. Goyer from a story he co-created with Zack Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers.

Production is expected to begin in 2014.

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment.

http://batman-news.com/2013/08/22/ben-affleck-batman-batman-vs-superman/

http://www.eonline.com/news/451684/ben-affleck-to-play-batman-in-man-of-steel-sequel

Zbuffer101

• Who Am I
  • Regional: Ilocano/Ilocos
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 25
Re: And the new Batman is...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 11:43:11 pm »
Holy Crap! Matt Murdock is Batman !!

::)

gr4ntur1smo

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 24
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 12:00:45 am »
"Im the blind batman"  ::laffman

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 12:26:08 am »
Hmm,so Intergang got out of this world tech in Gotham,Batman traced it to Luthor Industries which LL got from Apokolips....enter Kalibak who will get his ass beat by Supes and thrown to jail,Big,Bad Daddy don't like it so here he comes at the end of movie, next movie 2016 Justice League ::uhaw

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 12:46:28 am »
Hmm,so Intergang got out of this world tech in Gotham,Batman traced it to Luthor Industries which LL got from Apokolips....enter Kalibak who will get his ass beat by Supes and thrown to jail,Big,Bad Daddy don't like it so here he comes at the end of movie, next movie 2016 Justice League ::uhaw

I've read somewhere na gagawa muna sila ng Wonder Woman or Flash movie (kung sino man ang lead, the other one will have a minor role -ala Black Widow in IM2, or Hawkeye in Thor-,  or just hinted at) before they do JLA.. So kung yung Bats and Supes ay 2015, JLA would be 2-3 years later..

I can't really say I like Affleck, but his chin looks like the Batman in the Arkham games series.. And I think he can do a much better Bat-voice than Baleman.. Sana magkatotoo yung rumor na Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor.. :D

Jann Frost

• Pronmeister
  • Knights of PS
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 143
  • Rough over Mellow
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 01:30:22 am »
I've read somewhere na gagawa muna sila ng Wonder Woman or Flash movie (kung sino man ang lead, the other one will have a minor role -ala Black Widow in IM2, or Hawkeye in Thor-,  or just hinted at) before they do JLA.. So kung yung Bats and Supes ay 2015, JLA would be 2-3 years later..

I can't really say I like Affleck, but his chin looks like the Batman in the Arkham games series.. And I think he can do a much better Bat-voice than Baleman.. Sana magkatotoo yung rumor na Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor.. :D

Yan din yung nasabi ko sa sarili ko kaya positive and go signal para sakin si Affleck for being a Batman. He got the lip and chin of a Batman. Yun yung important. Saka yung glare sa eyes niya. His acting is superior. As a big fan of Bale, I'm pretty sure Ben's will make good justice of the role. :)

leightot

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • BEA SUZY! ftw
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 01:35:58 am »
He's a good actor but I still cant picture him as a mean Dark Knight. :/

Daredevil na Batman pa.
Deadpool na Green lantern pa.

Jann Frost

• Pronmeister
  • Knights of PS
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 143
  • Rough over Mellow
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 01:38:52 am »
Last na gusto ko sabihin!

Bruce Wayne & Clark Kent > Avengers

Those 2 will surpassed the ticket sales and box office film by milestone! :)

@Leightot

Lol mas bagay sakin si Reynolds na Green Lantern kesa sa pagiging Deadpool niya.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 01:52:58 am »
ok naman sya maging batman para sa akin, lahat kasi ng napanood kong batman pogi  ::lmao

Jann Frost

• Pronmeister
  • Knights of PS
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 143
  • Rough over Mellow
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 02:30:00 am »
ok naman sya maging batman para sa akin, lahat kasi ng napanood kong batman pogi  ::lmao

You ha. Lumalabas yung inner tsarlot mo. Hahaha :D

xeoxander01

• Balikatan Participant
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Beware of half truths. You may get the wrong half.
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 03:37:37 am »
He's a good actor but I still cant picture him as a mean Dark Knight. :/

Daredevil na Batman pa.
Deadpool na Green lantern pa.

si Human Torch nga eh naging Captain America pa.. :-D

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 03:50:59 am »
You ha. Lumalabas yung inner tsarlot mo. Hahaha :D

::lmao it's true the only ugly super hero na nakita ko eh yung gumanap na the thing sa fantastic 4

batman217

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 09:55:33 pm »
Akala ko AKO na. . laffman::
'What if I'm not the hero, what if I'm the bad guy'

tiberionx

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 29
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 10:07:37 pm »
marami ring umapela nung si heath ledger ang gaganap kay joker

rivsy

• Be a shock resist
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 4
  • Let’s not procrastinate
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 12:05:36 am »
marami ring umapela nung si heath ledger ang gaganap kay joker
true pre... pagbigyan natin malay natin masurprise tayo lahat

Zagatho

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 03:50:20 am »

Namaos na kasi si Christian Bale eh. Tingnan natin yung Bat-voice ni Ben affleck.  laffman:: laffman::

gardov

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 43
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 08:39:34 am »
Namaos na kasi si Christian Bale eh. Tingnan natin yung Bat-voice ni Ben affleck.  laffman:: laffman::

parang nag boses batman naman si affleck sa daredevil konti e... pero mas boses batman si bullseye lol.

MiKeDaCuTe

• Laking Beer Brand!!!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 159
  • Kung Kaya ng Iba, Ipagawa mo sa Kanila...
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 10:00:43 am »
madaming nagrereklamo kay ben affleck as batman...

Well, that didn’t take long.
Fans rained a torrent of criticism down upon the internet just minutes after Warner Bros. announced it had cast Ben Affleck as the next Batman in its upcoming Batman vs. Superman tentpole, with more than 30 petitions springing up on Change.com to remove the actor overnight.
With vitriol oddly reminiscent of the backlash to Heath Ledger’s casting as the Joker in 2008′s “The Dark Knight,” fans took to the web to condemn everything from Affleck’s star power to his acting chops.
“His acting skill is not even close to being believable as Bruce Wayne and he wont’ do the role justice,” said one anti-Affleck petition that drew 3,200 signatures. Another has over 6,000 signatures.
“He’s not built, nor is he intimidating enough for the role of Batman.”
An online petition on the “We the People” section of the White House Petition system, which “allows all Americans to ask the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country,” requested to make it illegal for Ben Affleck to portray Batman (or any super hero) on film for the next 200 years.
But the White House blocked the petition and removed it from the site for being in violation of their terms of participation.
Here’s what the petition looked like before it was taken down:

Reps for Affleck and Warner Bros. did not respond to requests for comment.
SEE ALSO: Twitter Lashes Out Against Ben Affleck as the New Batman
But why are there so many haters?
Fanboys may still hold a grudge against Affleck for his much-panned performance in 2003′s “Daredevil.”
The experience made Affleck swear off superhero films, and the thesp began focusing much of his attention behind the camera.
But Affleck has done something of a 180 with his career since his “Gigli” days.
His 2007 directorial debut, “Gone Baby Gone,” caught the attention of then-film chief Jeff Robinov, who championed Affleck at the studio. Since then, the thesp has brought WB awards pics including “Argo” and “The Town,” both of which he directed and starred in.
Roles in those films and 2010′s “Company Men” also flexed Affleck’s muscles as a serious actor in a way that hadn’t been on display for years. And that muscle could be appealing to director Christopher Nolan, who took the Batman character down an increasingly darker path with his last three films (Nolan is exec producing the “Batman vs. Superman” pic).
Affleck lost one of his biggest champions at Warner Bros. when Robinov ankled the studio in June (the actor released a lengthy statement at the time), and a hit with “Batman” could help Affleck solidify his relationship with the new regime of top dog Kevin Tsujihara, Sue Kroll and Greg Silverman. ”I don’t know what I would do if Jeff weren’t there,” the actor said at the time.

SOURCE:
Code: [Select]
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/fans-petition-warner-bros-remove-ben-affleck-batman-164352377.html

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 08:21:13 pm »
maraming positive ang reaction sa atin dito.
pero sa mga friend ko sa facebook ... most of them lost their minds.  laffman::
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.

swaaat

• Err....ego??
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 9
  • Kalbo ako...so?
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 10:37:28 pm »
Sorry, I just had to do this in Photoshop :D

I never failed...Just found out 1000 ways that didn't work...

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 09:38:00 am »
According to Superherohype,this was a surprise to many, especially given that all the other casting rumors for the role had actors such as Josh Brolin, Joe Manganiello, Richard Armitage, Matthew Goode, and Max Martini as being up for the role, with nary a mention of Affleck. Pieces of the story about how Affleck got the part have now surfaced. According to The Hollywood Reporter, talks began between Snyder, Warner Bros. and Affleck earlier this year. After completing work on Man of Steel, Snyder reportedly had an idea for a follow-up and the studio began to gauge interest from actors, including the rumored Josh Brolin and Ryan Gosling. Affleck was open to the idea and began discussing the story and the character with Snyder and when he liked what he heard, negotiations began for him to appear.Like it or not though, Affleck is here to stay - the actor is said to have signed on for a multi-picture deal that begins with 2015's Superman/Batman film. So it means months before the showing of Man of Steel,Zack Snyder already have an answer from Afleck,Snyder and Goyer now really need alot of help for the screenplay they need Nolan to make Afleck's Batman grittier. :(

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 12:05:25 am »
If I recall correctly, there was another actor who was on the receiving end of a lot of criticism for taking on the role of Batman since he was "just a comedian". Then when he quit the franchise, the critics were practically begging him to stay. (Please click for larger image)

Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 12:28:48 am »
If I recall correctly, there was another actor who was on the receiving end of a lot of criticism for taking on the role of Batman since he was "just a comedian". Then when he quit the franchise, the critics were practically begging him to stay. (Please click for larger image)

and he has the exact batmobile and exact batsuit!  ::laffman

kaya lang nandito sya

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuVphAuRo7Q[/youtube]

maliksing_pagong

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 09:58:31 am »
oh noh, what about

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2013, 12:14:25 pm »
One thing that everybody keeps forgetting,Afleck's Batman is not Nolan's Dark Knight,Christian Bale's Batman doesn't exist in the MOS universe,Zack Snyder's version does. So Afleck's version will be different and lighter with just enough grit to put Kal El in his place.