Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: the Beginning of the End of the World... of Warcraft  (Read 4009 times)

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
the Beginning of the End of the World... of Warcraft
« on: July 26, 2013, 03:30:26 pm »
is this exodus a sign that players are travelling to TAMRIEL?

via GAMESPOT

World of Warcraft has lost 700,000 players in the last three months, with the MMO now down to 7.7 million active subscribers.

Activision Blizzard reported that 8.2 million people were subscribed to World of Warcraft in March, with CEO Bobby Kotick saying that the company expects to see the number fall further throughout the year.

The decline in World of Warcraft players numbers has been previously attributed mainly to Eastern markets, although Activision did not comment specifically on this latest subscriber decline.

Activision adds that World of Warcraft remains the most popular subscription-based MMO in the world.

Subscribers for the game peaked at over 12 million in October 2010. The gargantuan MMO was originally released in 2004, and has subsequently released four expansion packs: Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria.

A World of Warcraft movie will begin filming in 2014.

World of Warcraft's latest player numbers arrive as Activision Blizzard announces it has spent $5.83 billion on company shares to secure its independence from parent company Vivendi.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Re: the Beginning of the End of the World... of Warcraft
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 04:17:20 pm »
 :P maybe they realize how boring it is , just kidding

chirick

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • sharingan
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 04:21:27 pm »
babalik din sila sir usually..  hehe.  nung nag start ako mag wow (not sure if katulad ko iba)  di ko na pinansin ibang mmo unless marami akong ka work na nag lalaro nun.  pero may times nag loload ulit ako sa wow ko nakaka miss din talaga

poor gnome. T_T

leightot

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • BEA SUZY! ftw
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 05:04:04 pm »
Diablo killed it.

dark_machine

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
  • Doubt is the best element for seeking the reality
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 06:33:33 pm »
magkakaroon ng movie ang WOW?
"The one that stands in the shadow might see the one who is the light, but the one standing in the light doesn't see anything standing in the shadow."

tiberionx

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 29
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 07:44:28 pm »
Im playing GW2 for almost a year now. with how GW2 is managed compared to WoW, to pay for a monthly subscription is downright stupid

golgo13

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 22
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 11:09:29 pm »
The reason kng bakit nawawala ang players sa WoW is the stupidity of keep changing the skills of every class when updating to a new saga of wow.. Nag pangit na ang wow nung nag update sila sa cataclysm ..laslo na nung naging mist of pandaria ..kahit ako d ko nagustuhan ung style ng skills ng classes..mas nagiging cheap na ung mga skills at masmadali na kesa WoTLK.. D man sila nag papa beta test sa mass players kng magugustuhan ba or hindi...

Im playing GW2 for almost a year now. with how GW2 is managed compared to WoW, to pay for a monthly subscription is downright stupid

Its not stupid.. D ka lang sanay... P2p is alot better than f2p. It makes all players even and square.. You just need patience and hardwork to make you avatar strong... Unlike sa mga most f2p games uneed $$$$$$ to be strong..at less ung mga un educated players

tiberionx

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 29
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 12:10:47 am »

Its not stupid.. D ka lang sanay... P2p is alot better than f2p. It makes all players even and square.. You just need patience and hardwork to make you avatar strong... Unlike sa mga most f2p games uneed $$$$$$ to be strong..at less ung mga un educated players

Have you played guild wars 2? its buy 2 play. they do have an item shop though there is nothing there that will make your character overly powerful.

plus guild wars 2 has monthly content updates. as in every month there is something new to do. now theyre pushing for bi-monthly updates. I dont think any sub based MMO has ever done that.

golgo13

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 22
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 01:41:40 am »
Have you played guild wars 2? its buy 2 play. they do have an item shop though there is nothing there that will make your character overly powerful.

plus guild wars 2 has monthly content updates. as in every month there is something new to do. now theyre pushing for bi-monthly updates. I dont think any sub based MMO has ever done that.

Never played.. but i know the game is buy to play... But i bet those item shop is still essencial for avatar fast growth??? Still unfair :) for some players

And oh if you want compare the things to do in WoW.. You will never get bored since there are tons of them so no need for monthly content updates.....if you played WoW you will know what i mean...

Zbuffer101

• Who Am I
  • Regional: Ilocano/Ilocos
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 25
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 01:57:23 am »
Got toons on jubie'thos and saurfang . nag quit kami just before MoP expansion . yung mga ibang friends tuloy pa rin . pero nagsawa  after 2 months

Miss ko na yung burning crusade days

Boy.Pickup

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 4
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 05:30:16 am »
i think some of them went to private server. like me my friend private server

maniac2999

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 178
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 05:52:37 am »
sa mga most f2p games uneed $$$$$$ to be strong..at less ung mga un educated players

Nakuha mo sir! so far lahat ng nalaro kong F2P eh nakakaumay kasi biglang nagsusulputan yung bumibili ng cash shop items na hindi balanced (eg. frequent buyer packages 200x XP, +imba armor, etc. ) nadadaan sa pera yung game at hindi sa grinding na, kaya ayun ang aangas. BUT may downside naman sa kanila yun kasi di nila naexperience ang hirap maggrind.

Di na ko magcocomment sa uneducated players, ito na lang : madaming squatters na naglalaro ng PRO.

tiberionx

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 29
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 06:33:31 am »
Never played.. but i know the game is buy to play... But i bet those item shop is still essencial for avatar fast growth??? Still unfair :) for some players

And oh if you want compare the things to do in WoW.. You will never get bored since there are tons of them so no need for monthly content updates.....if you played WoW you will know what i mean...

Nope,, dont need anything from the item shop for avatar growth. ive bought nothing but cosmetic items in the item shop. The item shop is, shall we say, very ethical and not pay2win

i have played WoW before but only until burning crusade. comparing the time i played WoW to the time ive played GW2,  and the money i spent on both products, id say GW2 is the superior product.

Fullmetal Alchemist

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 2
  • State Alchemist
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2013, 09:52:23 am »
dami pa din players maski may subs ;) been playing wow 2005 quited and sold accounts 3x cause of new mmo's Rift, GW2 (wow killers daw) puro hype lng, im waiting for ESO now :) pero eto last week bumili ulit ako ng WoW na miss ko ang fluidity ng movements na wala sa ibang mmo although graphics marami ng mas maganda pero game play you will still go back where you belong ika nga :D
Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.