Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: 'The Bomber' Rolling Stone's new cover #omg  (Read 1730 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
'The Bomber' Rolling Stone's new cover #omg
« on: July 17, 2013, 10:50:44 am »
He is no one's "hero" and he isn't a "rock star," so why in God's name is Tsarnaev posed in a glamorous way on the cover of the August 3 issue of Rolling Stone magazine ? EH.

and then...People are angry. Some are looking for one million "likes" to get the issue pulled.

Some examples of the outrage from Facebook:

"Maybe a pic of the little 8-year-old boy that was killed by this piece of garbage would have made a better cover. Cancel my subscription to your publication."

"Awesome bands like Rush and The Cure have never graced the cover, yet you give it to this asshole. Sad."

"Wow, putting this guy on the cover of a pop culture magazine in a Jim Morrison pose? Way to perpetuate the notion that crimes on this level will garnish attention for sociopaths who are out to seek it. This is sickening ..."

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Re: 'The Bomber' Rolling Stone's new cover #omg
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 11:58:50 am »
 :o sabog ata rolling stone to put this issue

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514

Jann Frost

• Pronmeister
  • Knights of PS
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 143
  • Rough over Mellow
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 12:53:06 pm »
I don't know why pero naaastigan ako. The Bomber. The Villain.

rjelstyx

• Regional: Davao-CDO
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 7
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 05:41:31 pm »
my bad.. As per title akala ko the rolling stones na rock band. Tapos may bago silang album cover titled "the bomber"  ::lmao

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 01:40:16 pm »
Massachusetts state police officer Sgt. Sean Murphy was so outraged, he sent in his own photos of Tsarnaev's capture to Boston Magazine. Murphy's photos show Dzhokhar emerging from the boat he had hidden in during the manhunt. His face is bloody, and in a few photos, you can see a sniper's red light. He looks exhausted and defeated -- a far cry from the rock star photo in Rolling Stone. But it looks like releasing these photos may have gotten Murphy into trouble.

In a statement to Boston Magazine, the 25-year police veteran said:

As a professional law-enforcement officer of 25 years, I believe that the image that was portrayed by Rolling Stone magazine was an insult to any person who has every worn a uniform of any color or any police organization or military branch, and the family members who have ever lost a loved one serving in the line of duty.

I hope that the people who see these images will know that this was real. It was as real as it gets. This may have played out as a television show, but this was not a television show. Officer Dick Donohue almost gave his life. Officer Sean Collier did give his life. These were real people, with real lives, with real families. And to have this cover dropped into Boston was hurtful to their memories and their families. I know from first-hand conversations that this Rolling Stone cover has kept many of them up—again. It’s irritated the wounds that will never heal—again. There is nothing glamorous in bringing more pain to a grieving family.

This morning Boston Magazine announced in a blog post that Sgt. Murphy had been relieved of duty. http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/07/18/massachusetts-state-police-sgt-sean-murphy-relieved-of-duty/