Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Mazda Philippines backs Michele Bumgarner’s ‘Road to Indy’  (Read 1622 times)

Rockford

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 232
  • WORK Hard,PARTY Harder!
Mazda Philippines backs Michele Bumgarner’s ‘Road to Indy’

MANILA , Philippines — In her hopes of joining the 2014 Pro Mazda Championship through the Mazda’s “Road to Indy” development program, former Asian karting queen Michele Bumgarner will be sponsored by Mazda Philippines, the local Japanese car distributor said.

In her send-off party on Monday, the 23-year old Filipino-German racing sensation expressed her appreciation on the local arm of the Japanese carmaker’s efforts to achieve her goal to join the international motorsport scene, in particular the North American IndyCar Championships.

According to Bumgarner, it is one of her stepping stones in her quest to join such a prestigious event.

Bumgarner is a 2008 Star Mazda Championship series veteran, as well as a multiple Philippine motorsports “Driver of the Year” awardee, and an international karting champion under her belt.

“Thanks for helping me on getting closer to my goal,” Bumgarner said during Monday’s event facilitated by Mazda Philippines. “I hope that this would be a long and lasting relationship.”

For his part, Steven Tan , Mazda Philippines president, expressed confidence on the Filipina racing sensation’s capabilities, saying that the move in joining the Mazda Pro Championship under the Mazda’s “Road to Indy” is absolutely the right strategy .

“Michele has the talent, the experience, and a team that can take her as far as she will go,” Tan noted. “Mazda shares Michele’s values of setting extreme goals and defying convention. We felt strongly that Michele is the Filipino personification of Mazda’s ideals.”

The Filipina-German racer is set to leave the country on Thursday to prepare for the last three races of the 2013 Pro Mazda series in August at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and the Circuit Trois-Rivieres, and lastly, Houston in October.

She is also lining up testing schedules with a Pro Mazda Formula car in the weeks to come in her bid to join the top class of the Formula Car challenge in the final three legs at the Sonoma Speedway happening in August and ending in October.

http://www.interaksyon.com/motoring/pinoy-pride-mazda-philippines-backs-michele-bumgarners-road-to-indy/

::inlove ::inlove ::inlove

Please delete / lock if posted

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
can't wait to see her in Indy 500 racing with Danica

Type_One

• Power-UP!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 282
  • SPOON's Next Door Neighbor...DRIFT it FURTHER!
yeah, Michelle vs Danica Torres! Ooops, i mean Danica Patrick. Should be good. They're also not far apart when it comes to looks too.
Be a Star but NEVER act friendly...
(Wipe Me Down)