Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Edward Snowden comes out of hiding  (Read 1191 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Edward Snowden comes out of hiding
« on: July 12, 2013, 03:38:51 pm »

For the first time since arriving at Moscow's airport, NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden appeared publicly with members of Human Rights Watch. Snowden has now applied for temporary asylum in Russia while he attempts to arrange a permanent safe haven in Latin America—

Snowden arrived in Russia on June 23, where he has been camped in the Sheremetyevo Airport ever since. Russian representatives had indicated that they would like Snowden to accept an offer of asylum and leave the airport shortly.

Snowden invited Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, a representative from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, and Transparency International, a global corruption watchdog, to meet with him. He says he will give a statement after the meeting. Highlights from the email:

"I have been extremely fortunate to enjoy and accept many offers of support and asylum from brave countries around the world. These nations have my gratitude, and I hope to travel to each of them to extend my personal thanks to their people and leaders.

By refusing to compromise their principles in the face of intimidation, they have earned the respect of the world. Unfortunately, in recent weeks we have witnessed an unlawful campaign by officials in the U.S. government to deny my right to seek and enjoy this asylum under Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights…

I invite the Human Rights organizations and other respected individuals addressed to join me ... for a brief statement and discussion regarding the next steps forward in my situation.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57593434/amnesty-international-rep-says-hell-meet-edward-snowden-in-moscow/

...am glad you're safe Edward ,sana nga po magamit mo
yun "world passport" so you can be with me!TOINKSTUGS  :P

http://www.worldservice.org/