Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Eminem admits past drug addiction,offers advice...  (Read 1118 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Eminem admits past drug addiction,offers advice...
« on: June 29, 2013, 03:28:42 pm »
In a new documentary, Eminem reveals startling details about the painkiller addiction he struggled with, admitting he was close to death at one point.

I’m sure there have been a lot of young people who have admired Eminem, especially his fans through the years.  I applaud him for not only admitting his addiction, but for getting incredibly real about it:

“People tried to tell me that I had a problem,” the rapper said in How to Make Money Selling Drugs - a film described as “an indictment on the war on drugs” by the Los Angeles Times. “I would say ‘Get that f***king person outta here. I’m not out there shooting heroin. I’m not f***king out there putting coke up my nose. I’m not smoking crack.  My organs were shutting down. My liver, kidneys, everything,” he said of the time when he was hospitalized after a night of excessive pill-popping. “They were gonna have to put me on dialysis. They didn’t think I was gonna make it. My bottom was gonna be death.”

What stands out to me about this admission is how he (and probably lots of other people out there) convinced himself that it wasn’t a “real” addiction because he wasn’t “smoking crack or snorting coke” — he was just taking pills.  Prescription drugs are just as dangerous–if not more so, by being legal–as any other drug out there and can kill you just as quickly.

Luckily, Eminem was able to admit his problem and eventually seek help for it even after relapses.  He might be a tough guy, but he’s human too.  And he’s no dummy, either.  Which is why these words are so powerful, I think:

"I just couldn’t believe that anybody could be naturally happy or naturally function or be just enjoying life in general without being on something,” he said, adding that his sense of responsibility to his children helped him kick the habit. “So I would say to anybody, ‘It does get better."

indeed it does get better.Kudos to  Marshall fir sharing  ::flowers

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
Re: Eminem admits past drug addiction,offers advice...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 03:33:15 pm »
I've never been an Eminem fan but I do hope that someone who does look up to him and is a substance abuser will be able to draw strength and encouragement from his example.

Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

thebreed

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
Re: Eminem admits past drug addiction,offers advice...
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 01:48:53 am »
im big fan din of eminem,, haaay sana maging ok na siya!    :'(