Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Angelina Jolie's moving speech on rape @ UN council  (Read 8581 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Angelina Jolie's moving speech on rape @ UN council
« on: June 25, 2013, 11:48:41 am »

Continuing her legacy of being Person Most Likely to Use Their Celebrity for Good, actress/humanitarian/vision board inspirer Angelina Jolie — as a special envoy for refugees — gave testimony on war zone rape to the UN Security Council on Monday, urging them to adopt a resolution " that rape can exacerbate conflicts and gets in the way of peace."

"You set the bar," Jolie urged."If the … council sets rape and sexual violence in conflict as a priority it will become one and progress will be made. If you do not, this horror will continue."

"Hundreds of thousands — if not millions — of women, children and men have been raped in conflicts in our lifetimes," she said, according to the AP.

Jolie continued:

"Young girls raped and impregnated before their bodies are able to carry a child, causing fistula. Boys held at gunpoint and forced to sexually assault their mothers and sisters. Women raped with bottles, wood branches and knives to cause as much damage as possible. Toddlers and even babies dragged from their homes, and violated. They suffer the most at the hands of their rapists, but they are also victims of this culture of impunity. That is the sad, upsetting and indeed shameful reality.

...The world has yet to take up war-zone rape as a serious priority...These crimes happen not because they are inherent to war, but because the global climate allows it."

Later that day, the UN Security Council voted to adopt a "legally binding resolution demanding the complete and immediate cessation of all acts of sexual violence by all parties to armed conflict,"which is the broadest resolution regarding sexual violence in conflict to have ever been adopted by the UN.

you go Angie  ::flowers

edcbabe

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 40
Re: Angelina Jolie's moving speech on rape @ UN council
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 01:29:28 am »

My hand salute to my Tomb Raider  toast::

sweetbayag2

• mahirap labanan ang katamaran, nakakatamad kasi
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 53
    • wag ka makolit, pumpyangen keta jan eh. . . .
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 01:53:30 am »
lalo na nung panahon ng hapon  ;D
ang pagbabalik http://pickourbricks.com
http://stores.ebay.com/pickourbricks
di nako bastos, negosyante na po ako

☺☻JDC™

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 179
  • "pag ako gahhh!!!!" ika nga ng nawala kong mamay.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 04:56:56 am »
 finger4u to you miss FD to you Mrs. Jane Smith

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 05:12:18 am »
thanks guys :)

en more of Lara Croft/Mrs.Smith/Angelina, last time din she also visited Syrian refugees in Jordan in recognition of today, World Refugee Day.

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 05:28:26 am »
thanks guys :)

en more of Lara Croft/Mrs.Smith/Angelina, last time din she also visited Syrian refugees in Jordan in recognition of today, World Refugee Day.

hoping for more ppl & more influential ppl that will have their share of CONTRIBUTION sa earth mas panalo ...ppl always thought when they have everything they will be happy. but some great ppl(like Angie atbp) realized their greatest achievements & source of happiness Is giving back to the Universe = Growth & Contribution.

geshpenst

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 12:05:46 pm »
lalo na nung panahon ng hapon  ;D
Love radio ba 'to?!  laffman::

seriously, in afghanistan they pull out all the teeth of their victims to make oral rape safer.

the more war-torn the place is, the higher the possibilities of increased rape cases, kasi mahirap manghuli ng rapists sa gitna ng giyera kung saan lahat may baril.

stop the war first. problem is, the previous statement is just wishful thinking...  :'(

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Angelina Jolie is Officially a DAME
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 04:01:04 am »
 BuzzFeed

well-deserved  ::flowers

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
In which Angelina Jolie calms an hysterical fan down
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 04:16:09 am »
After making an appearance on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart to promote her new film, Unbroken- the Oscar-winner was met outside by some fans who were clamoring for her attention. Jolie graciously stopped to sign some autographs, when she heard one woman crying hysterically from a panic attack.

The woman, whose name is Techne, became so upset that she actually pushed through the metal barriers and screamed to security. Instead of hightailing it out of there or even ignoring it completely, Jolie reached out to her and asked, "Why are you crying?" as she wiped away her tears. via

weng151515

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 58
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 06:21:56 am »
noble move.....sana marami kagaya nya,,,

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
The Most Admired Woman in the World
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 04:08:34 am »

Angie has been voted the Most Admired Woman in the World.

The most admired women in the world:

1. Angelina Jolie
2. Malala Yousafzai
3. Hillary Clinton
4. The Queen
5. Michelle Obama
6. Celine Dion
7. Oprah Winfrey
8. Julia Roberts
9. Aung San Suu Kyi
10. Angela Merkel

The most admired women in the UK:

1. The Queen
2. Dame Judi Dench
3. Malala Yousafzai
4. Dame Helen Mirren
5. Duchess of Cambridge
6. Aung San Suu Kyi
7. Angelina Jolie
8. Angela Merkel
9. Hillary Clinton
10. Michelle Obama

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 02:48:45 pm »

Angie has been voted the Most Admired Woman in the World.

The most admired women in the world:

1. Angelina Jolie
2. Malala Yousafzai
3. Hillary Clinton
4. The Queen
5. Michelle Obama
6. Celine Dion
7. Oprah Winfrey
8. Julia Roberts
9. Aung San Suu Kyi
10. Angela Merkel

The most admired women in the UK:

1. The Queen
2. Dame Judi Dench
3. Malala Yousafzai
4. Dame Helen Mirren
5. Duchess of Cambridge
6. Aung San Suu Kyi
7. Angelina Jolie
8. Angela Merkel
9. Hillary Clinton
10. Michelle Obama

Didn't someone here once say that Malala Yousafzai was completely fictional?
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Angelina Jolie shares footage of Women ravaged by ISIS
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 02:36:16 am »
Angelina Jolie's latest humanitarian effort took her to northern Iraq in January, where she talked to Yazidi women who have seen their families ravaged by the Islamic terrorist group ISIS.VIA

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9rAz9KL_Fg[/youtube]

Jolie's trip was part of a special envoy for the United Nations' High Commissioner for Refugees. Her goal is to spread awareness of the dire situation faced by too many Yazidi mothers. Hundreds or even thousands of people were taken captive last summer. ISIS views the Yazidi religious community as devil-worshippers, and therefore has no qualms about enslaving and killing them.  :(

Hopefully with awareness, we'll be able to come together and find some way to help these people. Thanks Angie  ::flowers

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
Re: Angelina Jolie shares footage of Women ravaged by ISIS
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 03:01:52 am »
Angelina Jolie's latest humanitarian effort took her to northern Iraq in January, where she talked to Yazidi women who have seen their families ravaged by the Islamic terrorist group ISIS.VIA

Jolie's trip was part of a special envoy for the United Nations' High Commissioner for Refugees. Her goal is to spread awareness of the dire situation faced by too many Yazidi mothers. Hundreds or even thousands of people were taken captive last summer. ISIS views the Yazidi religious community as devil-worshippers, and therefore has no qualms about enslaving and killing them.  :(

Hopefully with awareness, we'll be able to come together and find some way to help these people. Thanks Angie  ::flowers

And then a new episode of "The Fappening" takes place and relegates her work to the sidelines.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.