Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Sotto bats for battered husbands...  (Read 1222 times)

mocker

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 16
Sotto bats for battered husbands...
« on: June 19, 2013, 01:28:05 am »
Manila, Philippines --- Who's afraid of their wives?
There are plenty of them, but they're not man enough to admit it, said Sen. Vicente Sotto III.
This is why Sotto is willing to support a bill protecting the rights of husbands abused by their spouses even if the chances of it passing in the 16th Congress is very slim.
Sen. Gregorio Honasan seconded the motion, saying that apart from women, so-called battered husbands are also entitled to protection under the Constitution.
Both Honasan and Sotto are part of the so-called "macho-bloc" in the Senate, who are gearing to be the minority bloc in the next 16th Congress.
Honasan said he supports for such measure because the Constitution provides for "equal protection" for all citizens.
"Yes, (I am in favor of it) because equal protection clause and principle is in the Constitution," Honasan pointed out.
But the problem is, most of these husbands prefer to suffer in silence, fearing it is 'unmanly.' Currently, only a law protecting the rights of "battered wife" is stipulated under Republic Act 9262 or the Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children Act of 2004.
According to Sotto, when the bill was being deliberated during the 12th Congress, then Senator Tessie Aquino-Oreta was resolute in passing the Violence Against Women's Act, but was hesitant in also according the same rights to alleged battered husbands.
The author of the bill, Sotto said, was then Senator and Dr. Loi Ejercito-Estrada, mother of now acting Senate President Jose "Jinggoy" Estrada, who is also a member of the 'macho bloc.'
"During the interpellation, I asked why are men not included in the bill? Why are women the only ones battered and subject of domestic violence? I said there are some husbands who are also victims," Sotto told reporters during an interview.
"Tessie turned to me and asked: are you willing to testify? I said no, and she said they actually asked around and there is no one willing to testify during (committee) hearings," Sotto said while grinning.

Magsilabasan na kayo jan mga kaespiya... mayroon na kayong protection   laffman:: laffman:: laffman:: laffman::
laffman::::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower b*; bnana gun:: evil::

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
Re: Sotto bats for battered husbands...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 04:42:16 am »
parang ngan nakakahiya pupunta ka sa barangay or

magiging womens and mens desk division na binugbog ka ng asawa mo hahahahahha