Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: X Games will put Gymkhana on the line up  (Read 1682 times)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
X Games will put Gymkhana on the line up
« on: June 11, 2013, 06:46:04 pm »
Gymkhana GRID, the racing series spawned from Ken Block's "Gymkhana" viral video series that has racked up millions of views on YouTube, will make its X Games debut in August in Los Angeles.

ESPN and Hoonigan Racing announced Monday the addition of the new discipline to X Games that pits drivers in one-on-one races featuring the spins, drifts and tight turns for which Block's videos have become famous.
The Ford Gymkhana GRID is a medaled and separately ticketed event and will take place at Irwindale Events Center on Aug. 3, where the Ford RallyCross races also will be run. X Games Los Angeles will take place Aug. 1-4 at L.A. Live, Staples Center and Irwindale Speedway.

"I'm stoked to be partnering up with ESPN to bring my Gymkhana GRID racing series to X Games Los Angeles this summer," Block said in a news release. "Gymkhana GRID is something that I've been in the process of building up for a few years now and I really think the fans and audiences at home are going to enjoy it."

Gymkhana GRID autocross, which started in 2010, has drivers race identical courses with figure eights, 180-degree spins and other technical driving on a course designed with cones, tires, barrels and other obstacles.

Gymkhana GRID runs a seven-round series in Europe called the European Gauntlet that begins Saturday in Clermont-Ferrand, France. Drivers compete in all-wheel and rear-wheel drive classes in single elimination brackets at each stop. Winners from each round earn the chance to compete in the final stage of the Gymkhana GRID at Silverstone, England, and the all-wheel drive winner gets to race against Block.

"The fans not only get to see these awesome rally cars sliding sideways and making tons of tire smoke, but also a straight-up driver vs. driver race. August can't come soon enough," Block said.

Gymkhana GRID 2013 European Gauntlet schedule
Saturday: International Motor Exhibition, Clermont-Ferrand, France
June 22: Maximum Parade, Valencia, Spain
Aug. 10: Hungarian Gymkhana and Drift National, Tokol, Hungary
Aug. 24: King of Europe Drift Series, Osijek, Croatia
Sept. 8: Track Day, Lausitzring, Germany
Sept. 14: Gymkhana GRID at World Superbike, Istanbul, Turkey
Sept. 29: Gymkhana GRID at British Touring Car Championship, Silverstone, England

Source: http://xgames.espn.go.com/rally-moto-x/article/9360103/x-games-los-angeles-adds-gymkhana-grid-lineup

Type_One

• Power-UP!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 282
  • SPOON's Next Door Neighbor...DRIFT it FURTHER!
Re: X Games will put Gymkhana on the line up
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 09:34:22 pm »
i remember watching those Ken Block gymkhana videos over and over again. Especially when he still used that Crawford Performance Subaru WRX
Be a Star but NEVER act friendly...
(Wipe Me Down)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:47:10 pm »
i remember watching those Ken Block gymkhana videos over and over again. Especially when he still used that Crawford Performance Subaru WRX

ako rin paulit ulit ko pinanood yun nung subaru pa gamit nya

after gymkhana sa San Francisco dumami na drifter dito sa Bay Area  ::lmao

Type_One

• Power-UP!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 282
  • SPOON's Next Door Neighbor...DRIFT it FURTHER!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 12:34:16 am »
ako rin paulit ulit ko pinanood yun nung subaru pa gamit nya

after gymkhana sa San Francisco dumami na drifter dito sa Bay Area  ::lmao

and that one's real hard since the STi is a 4WD
Be a Star but NEVER act friendly...
(Wipe Me Down)