Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Angelina Jolie's post mastectomy Portrait on Auction  (Read 1826 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Angelina Jolie's post mastectomy Portrait on Auction
« on: May 24, 2013, 01:12:49 pm »

If you have a spare $20,000 and were wondering what you might spend it on, there’s a portrait of Angelina Jolie post-double mastectomy by Johan Andersson. The proceeds will go towards Falling Whistles charity that campaigns for peace in the Congo (a cause which Angelina Jolie cares about, and was a good deal less predictable than a breast cancer charity)

According to Artlyst:

Andersson who has made a name for himself through highly aestheticised portraits of Amy Winehouse and Muammar Gaddaffi says ‘My Mother had aggressive breastcancer when I was 15, the thought of her having to have a mesectomy really scared me and she was fortunate enough to have surgery without the masectomy. The recent news about Angelina stirred an anxiety within me leading me to paint this portrait. There is an underlying awkwardness in her demeanour in juxtaposition to the natural beauty of her face.’

http://www.artlyst.com/articles/angelina-jolie-nude-portrait-to-be-sold-for-charity