Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Champions League 2013 - Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund - May 25  (Read 2391 times)

pspyrock

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 47

Barcelona lost 4-0 (1st leg) and 3-0 (2nd leg) against Bayern. Kahit magaling natatalo din, interestingly the stats on their 1st and 2nd leg showed their possession was better than their opponent at 55% against Bayern's 45%.

Britain's Guardian newspaper concludes: "Bayern were simply too refined, too strong and too expertly assembled and, over the two legs, an aggregate victory of 7-0 does not flatter them in the slightest."

The British paper says Barcelona's fate was sealed when its star player Lionel Messi was declared not fit enough to play.

"Their place in the final, confirming an all-German event at Wembley on 25 May, was probably assured from the moment the team-sheets were handed in, bearing in mind what has become so apparent over the last few weeks: that Barcelona without Messi can resemble an expensive toy without batteries."

http://www.dw.de/international-press-review-germany-dominates-champions-league/a-16784197

rcam3609

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
 Don't forget Danny Alaba - Filipino-Nigerian (Austrian citizenship) who plays for bayern Munich
 He would have been part of the Azkals until the Austrian football federation got hold of him to
 play for the Austrian national team.  This made ineligible for the Philippine team. He is very good!!!!

rcam3609

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Pspyrock: in fact in the press release for the game - the one you have highlighted - Danny is in the pic putting on a white shirt - his skin reflects his dad ' s Nigerian heritage but if you see a picture of him - you see a pinoy!

pspyrock

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 47
Don't forget Danny Alaba - Filipino-Nigerian (Austrian citizenship) who plays for bayern Munich
 He would have been part of the Azkals until the Austrian football federation got hold of him to
 play for the Austrian national team.  This made ineligible for the Philippine team. He is very good!!!!

Understandably he chose Austria over Philippines.

Mike Ott of TSV 1860 München U19 will hopefully suit up for the Philippine team.

raberdaki

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 17
sir is it danny or david alaba?

rcam3609

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
 It is David... I keep saying Danny (who's my 14 year old son) my apologies

raberdaki

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 17
It is David... I keep saying Danny (who's my 14 year old son) my apologies

lol... nabigyan siya ng break sa starting 11 nila ng ma injure si ribery ngayon permanet fixture na siya sa midfield nila

schwack

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
I Will go for Borussia Dortmund against Powerhouse Bayern Munich with scoreline of 2-1  ;D