Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Different Seasons  (Read 1743 times)

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
Different Seasons
« on: April 25, 2013, 03:06:56 pm »
My fellow Espiyas, allow me to share another collection of stories from Stephen King.

Different Seasons (1982) is made up of four novellas that King wrote at various points in his career (with each one corresponding to a season of the calendar). According to him, he wrote three of the stories as a response to the question of whether or not he could write "straight" or non-supernatural fiction; the fourth was made because his editor at the time requested a story with supernatural elements in it. It is no small irony that Different Seasons would never have been published or would never have attracted attention if King hadn't succeeded as a horror writer.

The novellas are:

1) "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption" (Hope Springs Eternal) - A convict in one of the hardest prisons in the state of Maine narrates the tale of a man whom bars and walls could not defeat.

2) "Apt Pupil" (Summer Of Corruption) - A high school student blackmails a fugitive Nazi into sharing tales of his experiences during World War II...but just who is the manipulator and who is the manipulated?

3) "The Body" (Fall From Innocence) - A novelist recalls the tale of how he and his friends took a hike into the Maine woods to search for the dead body of a boy from their hometown.

4) "The Breathing Method" (A Winter's Tale) - An old doctor recounts the tale of a patient determined to keep and deliver her baby regardless of the odds against her.

The first three stories were later adapted into film: The Shawshank Redemption (1994); Apt Pupil (1998); and Stand By Me (1986). Shawshank earned nominations for Best Picture and Best Actor (for Morgan Freeman) at the 1994 Academy Awards. Apt Pupil won Saturn Awards for Best Horror Film and Best Supporting Actor (for Ian McKellen) from the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Films. Stand By Me received Golden Globe nominations for Best Director (Rob Reiner) and Best Motion Picture (Drama).

And now, without further adieu, here is the freshly-tested download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?p9ye9y1q16p0y1i

Enjoy, mes amis!

Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

lt499q

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Re: Different Seasons
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 08:46:41 pm »
nice ... meron naman ako  "full dark no stars" .. ^_^

maniac2999

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 178
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:04:22 pm »
which reminds me of his gunslinger series, and I thought horror lang ang alam ni Stephen King dati XD at sya pala nagsulat ng Stand By Me ? I learn something new everyday!

mamps

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
  • an it harm none, do what ye will
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 09:04:14 am »
kelan kaya gagawan ng film ang breathing method o yung gentleman's club? hehe, curious lang ako kasi i watched all movie adaptations ng different seasons