Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: 2-time NBA Champion to play as PBA Import.  (Read 3026 times)

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
2-time NBA Champion to play as PBA Import.
« on: April 03, 2013, 04:11:53 am »
BARAKO BULL FINALLY NETS DJ MBENGA

He has been talked about a lot in the weeks leading to the Commissioner’s Cup opening and until the early part of the conference.

Now we will finally get the chance to see the guy at work.

Two-time NBA champion and former teammate of Kobe Bryant at the Los Angeles Lakers cap DJ Mbenga is in town to try and save Barako Bull from going into an early break.

The 7-foot Congolese-Belgian quietly arrived Tuesday afternoon and immediately immersed himself in a closed door training at the Ronac Gym under the watchful eyes of head coach Bong Ramos and active consultant Rajko Toroman.

Mbenga went through some drills on post up plays, rebounding and free throw shooting.

Due to jet lag and the hot and humid Manila weather, Mbenga seemed to run out of breath at times, stopping for short breaks.

This is something that concerns Barako Bull team manager Raffy Casyao.

“We’re very much aware na after his stint sa China, matagal siyang hindi naglaro ng high level, so we’ll see,” said Casyao, who personally observed their new import recruit.

But Mbenga himself said there’s no need to worry. Even if he’s been out of competitive basketball for sometime, he can easily get back into game shape.

“I’m a professional. I know how to get myself back into shape,” Mbenga said.

Toroman said Mbenga is a very welcome addition to the Energy Cola because of his inside presence. His experience in the NBA is likewise a big plus.

“We’re the worst rebounding team, that’s what we need in him. We don’t care if he doesn’t have an offense or what. We need his defense and hustle more,” quipped Toroman.

For his part, Ramos said the replacement of Evan Brock by Mbenga may be considered by some as a gamble on their part, but he believes is it a move that the team had to make if they are to make a serious bid at a spot in the playoffs.

“Kailangan talaga naming i-address yung kulang sa amin. Right now, yun ang kayang ibigay ni DJ. We have three more games, we need to win as many as we can para makapag playoffs kami,” Ramos said.

The Energy Cola will unveil the 32-year-old Mbenga on Sunday against Petron Blaze. (SBadua)

SOURCE:
Code: [Select]
http://pba.inquirer.net/21209/barako-bull-finally-nets-mbenga

x2/

• If time does not wait for you, dont worry. Just remove the battery from the clock and enjoy life.
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 2
Re: 2-time NBA Champion to play as PBA Import.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 04:19:25 am »
naunahan moko mgpost neto master.,  ;)

indemnified

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 04:46:11 am »
Couldn't resist.  ;D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1rZBxn3Zx8[/youtube]
New England Patriots Boston Red Sox Boston Bruins

zenith

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
  • Peace Bro!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:00:17 am »
Wanna see him play in the pba! Banban to sa lakers e. pero if i remembered it correctly meron siyang parang break out game sa lakers.  laffman::
Work hard, Play Harder!

badorski

• BeauTitiful
  • Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 14
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 09:55:04 am »
“We’re very much aware na after his stint sa China, matagal siyang hindi naglaro ng high level, so we’ll see,” said Casyao, who personally observed their new import recruit.

high level...
E.xperience S.ome P.ain I.n Y.our A.ss

tsunami13

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 18
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 07:35:26 pm »
Ok naman si evan brock, consistent maglaro. Local support talaga kulang sa kanila. Late na para magpalit ng import.

whatiomen

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 11:41:10 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ3KhhuG4ik[/youtube]

flipblood

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 03:02:15 am »
bunasura na cguro ng nba