Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: That annoying globe tattoo toolbar  (Read 1555 times)

bodieph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
That annoying globe tattoo toolbar
« on: March 10, 2013, 08:46:25 am »
nagulat ako biglang may lumabas na toolbar na tattoo sa browser ko. I was surprised it got past my security settings, there was no prompt, there was no add-on installed or anything

I had to get system logs with different programs (dds, otl) so I could find out how on earth did it happen. Ayun, nag attach pala sa windows service ang lokong globe, nakuha ko name ng service from system event viewer

The Globe Tattoo Broadband. OUC service failed to start due to the following error:  The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Globe Tattoo Broadband. OUC service to connect.

so my security was actually blocking that thing but for some reason, nakalusot bigla on certain sites opened (it doesnt show on all tabs, just certain tabs (i.e. imdb)

I have been using globe tattoo broadband since around december (puro lang mga broadband stick ang kuha dito sa bagong bahay) so I was really surprised since first time lang nangyari yun.

next, I did a google search on how to disable it, most results I found only gave a workaround (install adblocker and block it, put in hosts file the address it connects to, etc). while those will no longer show the toolbar, its still there, its still in your computer, still running. I wanted to get rid of it totally.

so I checked services.msc, akalain mo wala siya dun, its not listed (its hidden). talo pa niya ang mga virus at spyware sa pagiging stealthy niya. the only option left was to delete it manually via command prompt (since I already know the service name - sc delete command), then restart

hanep tong toolbar na to, mas mahirap pa tanggalin compared to viruses and spyware. and my guess is for most people, hindi nila matatanggal to on their own
------------------------
the easier method would be to uninstall globe broadband app in add/remove programs but you might need it to connect

-----------------------
also you might want to watch the process ouc.exe and runouc.exe, its from the globe broadband folder, its labeled as online update but it is most likely the exe associated with the toolbar
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:01:25 am by bodieph »

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
Re: That annoying globe tattoo toolbar
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 12:08:40 pm »
at nasa test phase pa lang ata 'yan ng Globe.
that's more annoying. they got no permanent solution for removing para sa mga non-techie users.

sumusulpot na lang din 'yan. dati, nung prepaid pa ang gamit ko. then nung naging postpaid na.
nawala lang siya after ko magreformat. then bumalik ulit.

kahit saang internet browser ata nagpapakita 'yan.
kahit kasi sa Heroes of Newerth, nandun siya.
pati sa Raptr.
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.

liquid metal

• Liquid Metal
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 25
  • ya need some of the good old ultra-violence eh?
Re: That annoying globe tattoo toolbar
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 12:11:01 pm »
sir, any idea on how to get rid of it..im having the same problems eh..nakaka bad trip specially if your playing browser-based games..how did you do it using the command prompt?
"this world is the last bastion of HEAVEN before the gates of the BURNING HELL"