Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: To PoE players!  (Read 1250 times)

astute2869

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • Fast Dont Lie
To PoE players!
« on: February 24, 2013, 07:04:35 am »
Hi, just now i tried to log in my account, but a warning popped out saying: my account was locked and accessed from another location, they sent me the unlock code through my e-mail, but the e-mail sent to me was already opened (in bold letters unread pa yun diba?) the email they sent me, di na siya nakabold so i thought na open na siya, i still tried to use the code, but no luck ganun pa rin, tried using my wife's email, waited for several minutes for the email to arrive, still nothing, wala akong na-receive. just read some forums from PoE, and it was reported that massive hacks happened, it started few days ago up to now, im sure i didnt download any 3rd party add-ons to the game, i dont even purchase premium animations, i played in a computer shop, pero suki ako doon, i used my external hard drive to play the game, then lag bothered me so i copied the file to the desktop's hard drive, just thinking it may reduce the lag and it did, but the computer shop uses deep freeze sa drive na ginamit ko so im sure that the file is not already there. Ka-PoE time to change passwords,emails, and strengthen your passwords. Baka create na lang ako ng ibang account pag sinipag, farm pa naman ginawa ko dun sa account ko. :( :(

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
Re: To PoE players!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:35:11 am »
do you use the same password for that game and your email? and more likely you also use the same password in some other forum/s

the most common method of hacking passwords is by hacking forums and getting member data (username, password, email). a lot of people will use the same password,email, username in games. and far as the forum hacked is concerned, only the member data was hacked on their end so they just reset everyones passwords. kaso too late by that time, the hacker/s already got the info they needed and used that to access email, game accounts, etc etc

astute2869

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • Fast Dont Lie
Re: To PoE players!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 12:12:42 pm »
pero i checked my profile sa website ng PoE nakita ko dun sa character ko andun pa gamit, or ganun lang siya talaga.