Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Football: Samir Nasri Agrees To Move To Manchester City  (Read 864 times)

pugsit

• Chelsea Football Club Solid Supporter
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 18
  • Espiyang Tarlaqueño. Responsable, Hindi Hambog at may Respeto sa mga kababaihan.
Football: Samir Nasri Agrees To Move To Manchester City
« on: August 08, 2011, 07:29:47 pm »
After a Painful Lost To Manchester United (FA Community Shield) Last Sunday Night (PH). Manchester City Wants Samir Nasri to be added to their Squad.

Despite earlier protestations about keeping Samir Nasri, Arsenal will let him join Manchester City- for a big money deal, of course.

According to reports in the Sun, manager Arsene Wenger has finally capitulated to his compatriot's demands for a move away from the Emirates.

Previous reports revealed that the Citizens made a  £22 million offer for Nasri, who is on the last legs of his contract at Arsenal.

However, both sides have not yet reached an agreement about the finer details of the deal, with the cash-rich Manchester club only offering a down payment of £15 million, with the remainder determined by the future impact that the midfield maestro could make at Eastlands.

This has proved to be a sticking point with the Arsenal board, who expect to be paid out immediately instead, which would allow Wenger to splash the cash this transfer window.

Ex Arsenal captain Frank McLintock believes that the club should sell both Cesc Fabregas and Nasri quickly, saying to talkSPORT: "It doesn't look good for Arsenal. The vast majority of supporters would like to see two or three new players. We felt that at the end of last year and now there's the possibility that Fabregas and Nasri will leave.

"I think we were under the impression Arsene Wenger had £40m to spend, and it might have been close to £100m if Fabregas went. But nothing seems to be happening, except the arrival of Gervinho and the young lad from Charlton.

"It's very frustrating for the supporters, and I'm one of them. We're all very concerned. Most of us feel if we don't strengthen quite a bit we'll struggle to get into the top four.

"I'd let Fabregas go. We will miss him, he's a magnificent player, but he's had six or seven great years with us and now he's desperate to go to Barcelona. So wish him all the best and let him go. Then you've got time to bring in someone like Scott Parker. He's as close as you can get to a top class player like Fabregas.

"And I'd do the same with Nasri. If the fella's adamant he wants to leave I wouldn't want someone in my club who would spread a bad feeling in the dressing room. Sell them and get some star players in, not free transfers.

"We're paying more for anyone else to watch the game so it would be nice if Arsenal gave something back to the fans by buying three or four top class players. We are looking very vulnerable and we're the only team that doesn't seem to buy anyone."

Based on recent developments, fellow Arsenal legend Ian Wright has admitted that he fears for Wenger's future at the club, with precious momentum slipping way in North London before the season begins.

The Englishman said in his column in the Sun: " Arsene Wenger is facing the most critical month since he arrived at Arsenal in 1996.

"Star players set to leave, barely any new signings, injuries to top players and a seriously tough batch of opening fixtures.

"I'm fed up of talking about Arsenal with a negative vibe but it looks like some dark days are ahead.

"Right now, I would love to know what is going on at my former club.

Wright gave credence to the reports indicating that both Nasri and club captain Cesc Fabregas could be on their way out of the Emirates, saying: "I'm hearing Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri could be gone within a week - and still only Gervinho, Carl Jenkinson and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have arrived.

"Gael Clichy has left while Nicklas Bendtner and Emmanuel Eboue are on their way, with no other replacements. I often get criticism from Arsenal fans these days and came off Twitter due to the amount of stick.

"But I was only being honest and I've only ever wanted what's best for the club.

"To lose either Fabregas or Nasri, or both, would be a terrible blow and send out the totally wrong message.

"I then wonder how long will it be before Jack Wilshere, Robin van Persie, Aaron Ramsey and Theo Walcott decide they need to move. Manchester United were impressive against Manchester City on Sunday and even when senior players were substituted, quality youngsters were brought in. In contrast, Arsenal's squad looks so thin.

"I have never agreed with Wenger's policy of giving players in their 30s only one-year contracts. Players are fitter now and their presence and experience helps to bring on the younger players.

"Yet it seems Wenger's revolution has ground to a halt. Now, I fear he may end up walking away", Wright added.

Blue is the color. Football is the game, we're all together, and winning is our aim. So cheer us on through the sun and rain, coz Chelsea, Chelsea is our name!