Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Buy2Play not Pay2Play = WIN!!!  (Read 3964 times)

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
Guild Wars 2: Buy2Play not Pay2Play = WIN!!!
« on: July 31, 2011, 05:48:53 am »
my biggest gripe with MMORPGS was the hassle of needing to pay monthly fees, and with GW2 going on a buy to play format this will up the ante for one of the best MMORPGs around, hehe sana lumabas na and il buy the game

from the official FAQ page

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#four

Will there be a subscription fee for Guild Wars 2?
Nope. Like the original Guild Wars, there will be no subscription fee for Guild Wars 2. You just buy the game and play it online without paying a monthly fee.

slyph12

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 35
Re: Guild Wars 2: Buy2Play not Pay2Play = WIN!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 07:27:11 am »
my biggest gripe with MMORPGS was the hassle of needing to pay monthly fees, and with GW2 going on a buy to play format this will up the ante for one of the best MMORPGs around, hehe sana lumabas na and il buy the game

from the official FAQ page

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#four

they still have the microtransaction from the previous game but what's awesome bout it is that the items you buy in their microtransaction shop are only for pure cosmetic purposes. all the stuff you need are all in the game that you paid for. I love how much production value they've put into this project. watching all this interview and clips really hyping me up for next year.

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 07:34:49 am »
when i played Champions Online most of the gamers said:

Terra, Prius and other current MMORPGs are just to pass the time waiting for GW2

slyph12

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 35
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 07:42:26 am »
when i played Champions Online most of the gamers said:

Terra, Prius and other current MMORPGs are just to pass the time waiting for GW2
oh yeah one more thing if you've played the previous incarnations of GW games, they're throwing you awesome freebies in the release of GW2 next year. i'm anxious for the beta release of Diablo 3 this august that and Skyrim this november those are the only things i'll be playing till GW2 releases next year hopefully somewhere round february.

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 02:04:48 pm »
hindi yan sisikat dito kasi buy to play. maybe in US and europe hit yan

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 04:04:50 pm »

thats what im banking on bossing para less ang squater mentality players, naranasan ko sa RF Global napaka konti ng bastos na players na mostly pinoy, pero maraming pinoy ang naglaro/naglalaro GW kaya magkakaron din ng maraming players and most players who pay or buy to play maayos maglaro

slyph12

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 35
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 04:31:50 pm »
I don't think the game will be even available back in the Philippines and for all i know the the only online games that's accessible are F2P (free-to-play) games.
Reason being is that Philippines target gaming market don't have the luxury of purchasing disc-based or even digitally distributed (if such service even exist in the ph) game on normal basis which is why there are hordes of F2P games that depends on micro-transactions and top-up cards for the games longevity.  Unlike countries such as Korea, Japan, and China which has a huge video gaming population community that supports consumers, developer/s and publisher/s. it is highly unlikely that IP's (intellectual property) that mainly sells as buy2play or pay2play will ever flourish back in the Philippines.

Smitty Werben Man Jensen

• Once I met this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy...
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 56
  • who knew this guy's cousin!
  • Special Skills: Necromancy
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 04:40:48 pm »
Hindi naman masa or philippine market ang target ng guildwars eh, WoW-like yan eh diba except f2p na after purchasing the game.

Ok lang din ako with in-game purchases na may stat increases basta it's also doable in the game (yung stat bonuses) pero sobrang hirap gawin (like forging or something) hehe

slyph12

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 35
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 04:57:24 pm »
Hindi naman masa or philippine market ang target ng guildwars eh, WoW-like yan eh diba except f2p na after purchasing the game.

Ok lang din ako with in-game purchases na may stat increases basta it's also doable in the game (yung stat bonuses) pero sobrang hirap gawin (like forging or something) hehe

like i said it won't be prolly even available sa pinas yung game. at di siya f2p since kailangan mo munang i-purchase yung game and you have serial keys to activate a single account. hindi mo siya puwedeng ipasa yung disc sa iba. it's only viable for a single account. it's buy2play at and WoW may monthly-subscription ka to maintain yung account mo.
    At gaya ng sabi ko before the really good thing about GW2 is that yung mga items they sell in their micro-transaction shops are items na purely cosmetic purposes lang, yung mga gears that you need to make your character powerful are all in the game. Items, gears or artifacts are all loots/drops. Yun yung idea the developer they wanted implemented in GW2.

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 05:03:27 pm »
hehehe thats what i like about, hindi pangmasa and hindi pan Elite gamers, may middle ground, less Squater Gamers and a lower cost for the average online gamer

-=Kurabo=-

• Patience is a Virtue but Time is Gold
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 48
  • Kurabo
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 05:12:04 pm »
sana lahat ng MMORPG ganyan na lang, sa akin lang siguro mas matipid yan kesa dun sa monthly subscription or f2p daw pero yung mga items bibilhin mo online tapos biglang reset tapos ty na lang or compensation na tatagal na 30 days trial ang mga items laffman:: laffman::(naala ko tuloy yung sa kapatid ko na account na gundbound)

it ain't over. . .till its over

slyph12

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 35
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 05:27:49 pm »
   Yung nga maganda sa devs ng GW2 that they've listened to the fans and the community. They're not thinking the fans/community as just a consumer, may mentality sila katulad ng Valve. They take care of their followers and i'm pretty sure if GW2 doesn't deliver no other mmorpg will.
   I've seen their people work in interviews where they show how much production value they're putting in to this project, yung dedication nila about trying to deliver the best experience for gamers, perfecting it and that they're so humble yet still proud of their work.
   Many say that this is so promising that it could be finally the WoW killer everyones expecting. Actually i don't mind even if this game's fail to be the WoW killer cause I know Blizzard has something in the works as their next mmo IP. basta ako I've been enjoying GW series since day 1. They deserve my money and support.

Smitty Werben Man Jensen

• Once I met this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy...
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 56
  • who knew this guy's cousin!
  • Special Skills: Necromancy
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 06:26:44 pm »
May steam release ba to?

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 06:34:31 pm »
May steam release ba to?

GW1 meron pero hindi SteamPlay so malamang magkaron din pero hindi steamplay

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 09:05:03 pm »
I'm hoping na maging available sya dito, since naging available naman dito ang GW1

jobzon2121

• “He who seeks vengeance must dig two graves: one for his enemy and one for himself”
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
  • Investigate and calculate
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 06:24:44 am »
I'm very interested about this game. Although buy to play, it's worth it. Since once ka lang gagastos(sa pag bili ng installer). The rest of the items can be acquired in-game. Kailan ba release nito? Sana may global server.

Fiz

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 03:16:03 pm »
     like i said it won't be prolly even available sa pinas yung game. at di siya f2p since kailangan mo munang i-purchase yung game and you have serial keys to activate a single account. hindi mo siya puwedeng ipasa yung disc sa iba. it's only viable for a single account. it's buy2play at and WoW may monthly-subscription ka to maintain yung account mo.
    At gaya ng sabi ko before the really good thing about GW2 is that yung mga items they sell in their micro-transaction shops are items na purely cosmetic purposes lang, yung mga gears that you need to make your character powerful are all in the game. Items, gears or artifacts are all loots/drops. Yun yung idea the developer they wanted implemented in GW2.

Where did you get that info?  Sobra naman assuming ka.

I got all GW games dito mismo sa Pinas.  Availability is worldwide (No IP country restrictions) and the CD will be distributed locally.

Madaming pinoy din sa GW at nakakatawa kasi halatang halata na pinoy sila. 

Fullmetal Alchemist

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 2
  • State Alchemist
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 05:17:59 am »
I'm hoping na maging available sya dito, since naging available naman dito ang GW1

available yan brad

matagal ko na inaantay inaantay to :) even mga sikat na wow players Athene and Swifty will play this game when released. quit na ako sa WoW and Rift just waiting for this game nanunuod lng sa panel at pinapakingan mga developers nag kaka eargasm ako :) maganda ang PVP PVE everything Guildwars 2 for the win!

P.S cant wait to see the largest boss/enemy ever seen on any game console and mmorpg Guildwars 2 has it one of the five elder dragons "Kralkatorrik". if nalakihan kayo kay antaras in lineage 2 small dragon lng si antaras sa guildwars2 ^_^
Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.

breakupday

• Console Gamers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 06:22:58 pm »
mag laro kayo ng DN SEA.. para marami na tayo dun..

Offtopic...