Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: 'SMART-Gilas grouping with China a good thing'  (Read 2262 times)

bathalatao

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
'SMART-Gilas grouping with China a good thing'
« on: July 06, 2011, 05:31:01 pm »
Past and present coaches of the national basketball team believe that for SMART-Gilas Pilipinas, being bracketed with China in the FIBA-Asia Championship for Men in September is a good thing.

SMART-Gilas coach Rajko Toroman and former national team coaches Chot Reyes, Jong Uichico, and Tim Cone are convinced that the team is lucky to be in Group D along with China and weaker teams from the Middle East, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates.

"I think we have a good group although we have to win at least two games in the group," said Toroman, the man who steered Iran to its first Olympic basketball stint in 2008. "China is a big favorite to go on to the Olympic Games. This is the reason why it's hosting the event."

"We have to be competitive in the first few games. Maybe, it’s good that we are playing China earlier."

"Great draw for us," added Reyes, who coached the national team in Tokushima, Japan in the 2007 FIBA-Asia Championship. The coach of the Grand Slam-seeking Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters in the Philippine Basketball Association assisted Toroman in the 2010 Asiad, and will once again join the Serbian mentor in the FIBA-Asia tourney, which will be held in Wuhan, China.

"We play China in the first round then play Japan, Syria, Jordan in the second round, and most probably needing to win only once to enter the quarterfinals,” Reyes posted in his Twitter account.

For more information:
http://www.interaksyon.com/article/7867/smart-gilas-grouping-with-china-a-good-thing

boytumba

• Kahit Nasaan Ka Pa. Itutumba Kita!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • Here I cum to save the day!
Re: 'SMART-Gilas grouping with China a good thing'
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 05:36:48 pm »
we'll see how far they can get. then we'll know if it's a "good thing"
It's not a new world I found. It's a new Perspective.

badorski

• BeauTitiful
  • Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 14
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 06:58:48 pm »
wag na basketball, billiards at boxing nalang...  smoking::

magaling tayong maglaro, pero height plays a great factor talaga sa sport na 'to...
E.xperience S.ome P.ain I.n Y.our A.ss

wayneronaldo

• united rule!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • fuck you Barcelona!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 07:34:25 pm »
wag na basketball, billiards at boxing nalang...  smoking::

magaling tayong maglaro, pero height plays a great factor talaga sa sport na 'to...

sang ayon ako na mag focus sa boxing, pero kung gusto natin ng kauna unahang gold sa olympics. sa billiards hindi kasi hindi naman olympic sport ang billiards. sana nga olympic sport ang billiard para nagkagold na tayo.

http://www.facebook.com/manchesterunited
http://www.manutd.com/en.aspx

TILL THE LAST MINUTE OF MY LIFE THIS CLUB WILL BE ALWAYS IN MY HEART! UNITED FOR LIFE!

-=Kurabo=-

• Patience is a Virtue but Time is Gold
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 48
  • Kurabo
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 07:51:12 pm »
bracket of death na naman laffman::

it's a good thing kung mananalo pero kung ang ibig sabihin nila ng good thing is para may maexperience lang regardless kung matalo, wag na silang maglaro ;D

pero the way the gilas is right now, we have a good chance against china kahit man lang dito makabawi tayo para sa spratlys laffman::

it ain't over. . .till its over

deadma

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 11:01:33 pm »
goodluck then!

john

• Pioneer
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma -4
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 02:36:50 am »
Its a good thing. Para maaga pa lang malalaman na natin kung eliminated na tayo. Di na kailangang patagalin pa.