Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: The Koran: Guilty!  (Read 1537 times)

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
The Koran: Guilty!
« on: April 03, 2011, 10:03:09 pm »
This is rather late but I reckon my fellow Espiyas should know about this.

So after threatening to burn a Koran last September, Reverend Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville Florida, finally decided to try a new tack: put the Koran on trial and--if found guilty--sentence it to an 'execution'.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/22/national/main20045858.shtml

I wonder: how exactly is this supposed to give Christianity the moral authority to preach love and peace to all mankind?
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

leonardwood

• i am the mightiest !!!
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -5
  • wanna piece of me bub' ?!!
Re: The Koran: Guilty!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:20:37 am »
i agree with u sir. remember when the pharisees of Jerusalem asked Jesus " what is the greatest commandment of all the ten commandments given to Moses"? Jesus said love God above all and you should not worship any gods except my Father and love your neighbors as you love yourself.. paano nga natin mahihikayat na maging christian ang mga muslim kung ganyan ang gagawin natin?
no brain drain!!

pspyrock

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 47
Re: The Koran: Guilty!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 03:05:20 am »
Sa tingin ko, meron kasing 2 klase ng pananaw sa paniniwala/religion. Yung isa ay makakaclassify mo bilang conservative at yung isa ay aggressive. Ang mga muslim ay nahahati din sa ganitong category. Gayun din ang mga kristyano.

Nasa tao na din talaga yung paghahanay sa mga category na ito. Some muslims will readily declare jihad against anyone who may be seen as against their religion and some are willing to take someone else's life for this belief. Christians did this a long time ago during the time when they burned witches and other supposed non christian believers.

Para sa akin, mas pumapanig ako dun sa mga conservatives, mas pumapanig ako dun sa mga marunong umunawa dun sa pagkakaiba ng bawat paniniwala, mas panig ako dun sa "nag iisip" at ginagamit ang kalawakan ng kanilang diwa. Yung pagpatay ng kapwa mo para lamang mapalabas na tama ang iyong paniniwala at mali ang sa iba ay isang malaking kabaliwan.

IMHO, this pastor is lunatic. And so are the people who killed UN personnel because of the Koran burning.