Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Why I will vote for Noynoy - Willie Monsod  (Read 7566 times)

go_mac66

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Why I will vote for Noynoy - Willie Monsod
« on: March 04, 2010, 05:47:52 pm »
WHY I WILL VOTE FOR NOYNOY – WINNIE MONSOD

Villar still refuses to attend the Senate to face questions, and it only reminds me of how GMA used the privilege of her office to avoid questioning. What will happen if Villar wins and more corruption scandals surface?

With Villar catching up to Noynoy in the polls, I am honestly quite terrified of the prospect of him winning. There is a clear case of graft in this instance, and instead of delving into the issues, his allies in the legislative are simply brushing off the allegations as “politically motivated.” As a citizen, we should not accept this. If there is smoke, we must see if there is a fire that needs to be put out. Yes, the timing of the allegations seem a bit off. (Joker Arroyo was pushing these issues as early as 1998.) A known crook and political opportunist, Juan Ponce Enrile, is the person leading the censure. However, when the facts are presented, it is clear as day that something is amiss. It just further builds on my strong suspicions that Villar is a businessman simply looking to control the political arena to make a boat load of money.

I have never trusted Villar since day one. I never trust businessmen who enter politics, because in the end, their core value is and always will be profit maximization. It is well documented that Villar's real estate empire ran into some serious financial problems when his overexposure to the real estate market and the Asian Financial Crisis made him unable to pay debts he took out to expand his real estate business in the early 1990s. After the Asian Crisis hit, Capitol Bank, owned by Villar and heavily exposed to his real estate investments was essentially ran to the ground and needed to be bailed out. In 2005, Villar tried to solve his debt problems by hiring a group of investment banks to advise him on how he can consolidate all his assets into one company (Vista Land). With the local and foreign investment bankers, Villar came up with a growth story for investors: “Invest in my company because we need it to fund all these wonderful projects!”

However, what was downplayed during the IPO roadshow was that instead of financing growth, resources from the offering would be used to finance his debt. To appease creditors, Villar even had his investment bankers pitch some form of a debt-to-equity conversion that raised skeptical eyebrows of many. In 2007, the IPO of Vista Land did not do as well as planned, in part because many investors and brokers were the same people who were burned by Villar’s inability to pay back his loans.

Now, as part of a corporate growth (or should I say corporate restructuring) plan, Villar is lusting for the highest position in the land. This scares me because Villar already has a track record of using his political position to gain the upper hand for his businesses. To save his empire and increase shareholder value of his business, Villar used his influence as Senate Finance Chair to shrewdly derail a Cavite road project that was supposed to be BUILD, OPERATE, and TRANSFER. Villar built a longer and more expensive road, the C-5 extension, adjacent to it; subsequently forcing the private investor in the initial project to pull out. The fishy thing is that this new road, longer and more expensive than the previously planned project, passed through all of Villar’s land in Cavite. It is a clear case of graft, pointing to Villar’s use of influence and government funds to substantially improve the values of his real estate properties. To add insult to injury the right of way the government would have to pay in order to complete the project was substantially higher for the land that Villar owned. These funds could have easily been used to build needed schools.

This scandal should be a red flag for all voters. However, the scary part is that Villar is spending billions to keep this out of the picture as he continues his attempt to brainwash our masses that he is their savior. He convinces the masses that he is one of them; a poor boy from the slums of Tondo. In actuality, he is more like the 5-6 and syndicates, slum dwellers themselves who make a profit out of their poor brethren. Villar’s ad agencies are doing an excellent job of maintaining this image as well as doing damage control. TV and radio continues to churn out Parokya Ni Edgaresque jingles that compete with “Nobody, Nobody.” Dolphy is Villar’s new spokesperson and “Wowowee” is one giant ad for him. In this process of brainwashing, the masses are not cognizant of how Villar conducts business as a politician. What they do not see is a man hell bent on turning our archipelago into his own personal piece of real estate.

It is sad that the efforts of Juan Ponce Enrile, who is leading the censure for Villar, is actually giving Villar more sympathy votes. People do not trust Enrile, and when Enrile pounces on someone, it is usually met with a high degree of skepticism. I do not blame people for feeling this way. I also think Enrile is a crook who should be jailed for conspiring to implement Martial Law, for coup attempts, and for the human rights abuses during the Marcos regime. If someone with a more respectable reputation were to level these charges on Villar, I am sure the surveys would tell a different story.

I also fear from some credible reports that Malacañang has actually made a deal with Villar (under the table). Essentially, GMA’s goons said, “We will help you; in return, leave us alone when you win.” Villar’s behavior in recent forums further adds credence to these reports as Villar has been very tame and quiet when it comes to how he will treat GMA after the elections. Appealing to common sense, it makes all the sense for GMA to support someone who has a chance of winning, not a person rating at 4% in the surveys. GMA tried to reach out to Noynoy after Tita Cory died. All she got was rejection.

Who can stop Villar in his quest for the presidency?

I am known to be a Noynoy supporter, but to those skeptics and to those who are still undecided, I do concede that he is not perfect. His record as a politician is average and unspectacular at best. He does not have the charisma of his father. Before the death of his mother, he did not get much mileage. But I am going all out in support for Noynoy in 2010 because he stands for clean governance and appears willing to accomplish this. In addition, he has the best chance of preventing an opportunistic businessman, the assured next President of our country before Cory died, from using the Office of the President as a personal growth asset to his business empire.

Noynoy’s clean record is a big plus for me. It is a trait that I think should be the most important quality that we should look for in our next president. His appeal is that his track record is not tarnished by corruption scandals and his political debts are minimal. I know that many critics are trying to make an issue over his involvement in Hacienda Luisita, but Noynoy is not even heavily involved in the company. As a shareholder, Noynoy only owns .04% of Hacienda Luisita, a drop in the ocean and hardly in any position to do something about it. The case of the Hacienda does not have the substance that the C-5 extension controversy has a lot of.

In addition, Nonoy also has an incredible legacy to live up to. All the pressure is on him to be clean and stay clean. He can't afford to tarnish the Aquino name and the immense legacy that his parents left behind. Cory and Ninoy practically sacrificed their family for their dream of a better Philippines. For Noynoy, to know that your father and mother went through so much hardship to improve our country is a heavy burden to think about if you do decide to become a crook and destroy everything that they fought for.

We all have to make a choice. In my opinion, it has to go to the presidentiable who has an independent mind, stands up for what he believes in, is clean, and has the legacy of his parents to live up to and maintain. For me, Nonoy, with all his flaws, is that candidate. For what this country needs is a clean president who can set an example top-down for the entire state; it needs a president with the will to change things and stamp out corruption; it needs a President who can set an example and is willing to perfect our dysfunctional democracy.

I want someone who stands for being clean. He does not need a degree from Harvard. He does not need to have a multi-million peso business to show me he can make us all rich. He does not have to speak well. He just has to be clean. Nothing else should matter. He has to prioritize a platform of clean and effective governance and make sure that it delivers on that promise. Policies on the economy, education, energy, environment and health can all follow after the fundamentals are taken care of. So far, the only candidate who promotes my vision with a clean record to back it up is Noynoy.

Our urban landscape is replete with political slogans that attempt to convince people of certain candidate's ability to lead our nation

Galing at Talino? Sorry Gibo, those were the supposed qualities of GMA, rubber stamped with a PhD in Economics. And what happened? She only worsened our economy. To GMA's credit she did balance our budget at one point, but it has again ballooned to the level where the next president will have to deal with the same economic issues she faced in 2005. During GMA's watch, investment in infrastructure was insufficient, poverty incidence worsened, public education deteriorated, our nautical highway is still incomplete, goons like the Ampatuan's flourished in the south, and a culture of corruption flourished in our institutions. Instead of creating jobs, GMA focused on a policy of exporting labor without measuring the social costs of such a policy – thousands of broken OFW families and children of OFW's who do not have the proper parental supervision to teach them the differences between right and wrong. In effect, our next generation is left on their own to figure out how to become empowered patriots who love their country and will fight to defend it. In effect, whatever statistics in GDP growth GMA and her allies love to advertise, none of it trickled down and benefitted the poor… and none of it accounts for the social costs to her policies.

Good speaker? Sorry Gibo, Marcos had that quality and he did nothing good for our country. In fact, Marcos squandered the opportunity to be our Lee Kuan Yew and Dr. Mahatir. If I want a good, charismatic, and eloquent speaker, let's just run down the list of effective public speakers and vote them in.

Para sa mahirap? Sorry Erap, you had your chance and failed miserably. Your only accomplishment is in convincing our masses that movie roles do not carry over into the political area.

My only concern with Noynoy is how deep he might be in the Liberal Party and whether he has accumulated political debts to Liberal trapos. The Liberal Party, like any party, has its own share of crooks (including those bandwagon trapos who jumped off GMA’s boat to ride on Aquino's popularity). How much will Nonoy have to give back to the Liberal trapos (and bandwagon Liberals who jumped GMA’s ship) if elected? We will never know. However, I am willing to live with that unanswered question if it means preventing someone like Villar from turning the Philippines into Vista Land’s next subdivision development. I am also reassured by the fact that he has that “Aquino” name and the ghosts of his parents to answer to if does decide to go down the immoral path.

Nonoy will not solve all our problems. One person can’t. But we need a start somewhere and it should be with someone who pushes honesty, reform, and good governance. It will be a tough battle, but I want to give Noynoy the chance to build on what his mother tried to accomplish. And I hope that if Noynoy wins, he will have the courage to make tough decisions and go after crooks, even if it means hurting a lot of friends and colleagues in government.

To give you a better sense on how Villar conducts business, here is also a link to Joker Arroyo’s 1998 privilege speech:

http://www.malayanghalalan.com/2010/01/26/joker-arroyo-raises-issue-of-accountability-of-public-officers-against-manny-villar

Actual notes scanned: http://www.scribd.com/doc/22789941/Joker-Arroyo-Privilege-Speech

Well, as the saying goes… “if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck…”

Vote wisely, Philippines. And continue to work towards uplifting the masses and freeing them from their state of hopelessness. Defend them from opportunists. DEVELOP THEM (FIRST) SPIRITUALLY AND BEHAVIORALLY; THEN ECONOMICALLY! When we lift up the poor and wean them off the mentality of hopelessness, our country will become first world. Only then will we have the powerful middle class that our young democracy is screaming for.

(Signed)
Winnie Monsod

If you want to see the black and white facts on the C5 controversy, check it here:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/02/01/10/monsod-c-5-road-extension-unnecessary-wasteful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUQDt-sXdlk

talimusaw

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Re: Why I will vote for Noynoy - Willie Monsod
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 06:52:35 pm »
Hindi biro yung perang ginagastos ni Villar.

frigate

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 5
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 06:58:20 pm »
tama marami raw magagaling na politician sa pinas. marami raw mas may experience at nagawa kuno. marami silang magagaling at well experienced marami silang mga corrupt kokonti lang ang hindi. i will also choose CLEAN governance over other.

vote wisely.

@leX

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
  • "Alexander the Great"
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 07:07:16 pm »
I think it was made very clear on my previous posts that I am for Noynoy for the same reason outlined by Winnie Monsod on this article. I believe Noynoy would not tarnish the good names of his parents. I believe his intentions are clear. He is not in it for money, power, influence or by leaving a mark in the history. His parents already done that. They are one of the known, influential and wealthy family in the Philippines. I would like to believe that he really wants change in our country. And he has every right to demand the changes needed since his parents are known as the foundation or pillars of modern-day democracy. toast::

"No matter how gifted you are, you alone cannot change the world..."

sweetbayag2

• mahirap labanan ang katamaran, nakakatamad kasi
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 53
    • wag ka makolit, pumpyangen keta jan eh. . . .
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 07:08:29 pm »
i will vote for winnie monsod!  ::inlove
ang pagbabalik http://pickourbricks.com
http://stores.ebay.com/pickourbricks
di nako bastos, negosyante na po ako

~Muska~

• *:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 9
  • ┌∩┐(â—£_â—¢)┌∩┐
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 07:08:49 pm »

Masyado kasi emosyonal mga pinoy. Namatay lang ermats tapos for President na agad takbo ni Jr.  :(

erap

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 9
  • Ceritified Former President!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 07:13:37 pm »
yeah muska.... rockers ka....  :applause  :applause  :applause

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE, BUT IF YOU DO IT RIGHT, ONCE IS ENOUGH!!!

xxx

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
    • Music and Lyrics
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 07:31:52 pm »

jonzyx

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 07:52:36 pm »
in my opinion sa ngayon ang kailangan muna natin ay clean government muna hindi muna kailangan ng mga matatalino
para mag corrupt yes i believe na hindi pa gaanong ready si noynoy pero sya lang ang sa tingin ko na hindi corrupt

xxx

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
    • Music and Lyrics
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 07:59:32 pm »
mga sir, how about Gordon, malinis din naman record nya... with all the other qualities of a good leader...

frigate

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 5
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 08:13:22 pm »

Masyado kasi emosyonal mga pinoy. Namatay lang ermats tapos for President na agad takbo ni Jr.  :(

hahaha hanep sa comparison na intriga tuloy ako. pero ayon sa article na ito 2 ang naipasang bill ni noynoy so lamang sta ng isa kay lapid kung totoo man.  toast::

Langabe

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 26
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 08:24:20 pm »
Agree kailangan ngayon natin hindi  magnanakaw sa kaban ng bayan.

little boy

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 08:39:27 pm »

off topic:

Go!Go!Go!Go!Go!Go!Go! GORDON pa rin ako!!! toast:: toast:: toast::

di baleng tamad, di naman pagod!!!

Packen

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 08:56:57 pm »
Gordon din ako...Ben Gordon este Dick Gordon siyempre..

Yubi Akira

• Paparazzi
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 115
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 09:08:58 pm »
ayoko sa nag aambisyong maging presidente na ginagamit ang political record nang magulang. walang backbone na tumayo sa sariling accomplishments kung meron man. nde porket magaling mag deliberate o magsalita magiging mahusay nang presidente. i will not vote for Noynoy  & Villar.

jervin090

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 10:36:26 pm »
ako nag aalangan kay noynoy pero maraming nag sasabi Noynoy is Hope...

mangkepwing

• Study as If U live Forever, Lived as if u will die tomorrow
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • Ur Friendly MangTEmi At Ur Service
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 10:44:40 pm »
napanood ko kahapon sa news hindi si winie monsod yung gumawa niya , siya nagsabi
doN't Race In thE stReetS, BettEr yEt Race iN thE stripS!

mangkepwing

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 10:47:43 pm »
at paki respeto naman ho. kung magcopy paste lang naman gagawin niyo , Winnie/Winie , hindi poh WIllie , Ung willie na kilala ko madaya . yun lang poh

Erotomania

• Espiya Drummer
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 288
  • i wish i had an angel
    • www.moderndrummer.com
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 10:51:39 pm »

it's fake, hindi pa vocal si winnie kung sino ang susuportahan niya...

another gimmick came from ninoy's side  laffman::

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 01:41:39 am »
it's fake, hindi pa vocal si winnie kung sino ang susuportahan niya...

another gimmick came from ninoy's side  laffman::

or from another presidentiable's camp, completely aware that such ploy when found out to be fake would boomerang to be Noynoy's doing.
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 02:27:52 am »
ganyan na ba talaga strategy ng mga Ninoy supporters ngayon? simula ng nalampasan sya ni Villar sa survey, halos araw-araw na silang nambabato ng putik.. ganyan ba ang malinis? di ba parang nagiging pareho na lang sila ng kampo ni Manny? puro brainwashing na lang.. :P

im_mr_very_happy_now

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 02:59:44 am »
Hindi biro yung perang ginagastos ni Villar.

agree ako dito. kung talagang may malasakit si villar sa mahihirap gaya ng palagi nyang sinasabi eh bakit di sya nanghihinayang sa milyong pera na ginagastos nyan sa mga ads nya samantalang kung itinulong nya na lang yung sa mga mahihirap mas madaming makikinabang.
masarap tumulong sa kapwa... lahing oragon ngunit pinanganak & lumaki dito sa maynila he he he

gkhan

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 05:15:15 am »
If indeed Mr. Villar wants to change the political landscape and change the country, spending even five billion pesos to achieve that objective is nothing. Like any businessman, he spends money to achieve a result.  Dahil galing na rin sa wala, hindi na rin importante na sa kanya gumastos ng malaki so long as he achieves the result na gusto nya ma attain.  He believes that if he becomes President, he can achieve more.  You can never quantify ang result na nagbago na attitude ng Pinoy na maging enterpreneur to uplift themselves. I guess, that is what is trying to achieve - ang pag angat ng kabuhayan ng bawat isa ay pwede lang if maging enterpreneur or may work ang lahat, na di dapat umasa sa doleout or sa gobyerno ng tulong kundi gumawa thru sariling sikap upang mabago ang sarili. That i show he did it - nagsikap sya at naging enterpreneur.  Pag sinabi na gamitin na lang pantulong sa iba ang pera na ginagastos ni Villar sa campaign, that is encouraging the culture of doleouts which makes the Pinoy more of a mendicant and that is not helping the Pinoy.

To presume that anyone spending a lot of mony to achieve an objective is bound to recover that monetarily is presumptuous thinking.  Di naman kailangan bawiin ni Bill Gates ang USD25B na binigay nya for charity, hindi rin naman nag asa ng bawi si Warren Buffet nun nagbgay din ng USD30B for charity. Dito sa bayan natin, nagbibigay din sa charity si Ayala, Pangilinan at marami pang iba na di umaasa ng monetary returns.  I guess, Villar has already factored his expenses to his business strategies.  With a present net worth of about USD500M, losing even USD100M for expenses wont be a big dent to him.

When everyone is busy trying to make mony or earning enough, I think Philippine politics the way it is being practiced at present will just die a natural death.  That is where Villar becomes different from the other candidates who just want the Pinoy to continue na umasa lang sa tulong ng gobyerno. His campaign is the message in itself - that the Pinoy can also be like him by being an enterpreneur, na umasa lang sa sarili. 

mangkepwing

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 11:05:33 am »
If indeed Mr. Villar wants to change the political landscape and change the country, spending even five billion pesos to achieve that objective is nothing. Like any businessman, he spends money to achieve a result.  Dahil galing na rin sa wala, hindi na rin importante na sa kanya gumastos ng malaki so long as he achieves the result na gusto nya ma attain.  He believes that if he becomes President, he can achieve more.  You can never quantify ang result na nagbago na attitude ng Pinoy na maging enterpreneur to uplift themselves. I guess, that is what is trying to achieve - ang pag angat ng kabuhayan ng bawat isa ay pwede lang if maging enterpreneur or may work ang lahat, na di dapat umasa sa doleout or sa gobyerno ng tulong kundi gumawa thru sariling sikap upang mabago ang sarili. That i show he did it - nagsikap sya at naging enterpreneur.  Pag sinabi na gamitin na lang pantulong sa iba ang pera na ginagastos ni Villar sa campaign, that is encouraging the culture of doleouts which makes the Pinoy more of a mendicant and that is not helping the Pinoy.

To presume that anyone spending a lot of mony to achieve an objective is bound to recover that monetarily is presumptuous thinking.  Di naman kailangan bawiin ni Bill Gates ang USD25B na binigay nya for charity, hindi rin naman nag asa ng bawi si Warren Buffet nun nagbgay din ng USD30B for charity. Dito sa bayan natin, nagbibigay din sa charity si Ayala, Pangilinan at marami pang iba na di umaasa ng monetary returns.  I guess, Villar has already factored his expenses to his business strategies.  With a present net worth of about USD500M, losing even USD100M for expenses wont be a big dent to him.

When everyone is busy trying to make mony or earning enough, I think Philippine politics the way it is being practiced at present will just die a natural death.  That is where Villar becomes different from the other candidates who just want the Pinoy to continue na umasa lang sa tulong ng gobyerno. His campaign is the message in itself - that the Pinoy can also be like him by being an enterpreneur, na umasa lang sa sarili. 

tama !! tama !! yun lang masasabi ko ,tama galing

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 09:11:13 pm »

Tanong lang ha.. yun bang Political adds ni Villar eh CHARITY??

NO ITS NOT! Its a part of his INVESTMENT to become the next president.

Charity= you give without expecting anything in return

Investment= you give and expect something bigger in return..