Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: 10 Facts About Chocolate Just in Time for Valentines Day  (Read 1716 times)

wynbourne

• * Amnesiac Spy *
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • i don't care who i am or what i did.
10 Facts About Chocolate Just in Time for Valentines Day
« on: February 01, 2010, 05:16:09 am »
Malapit na ang valentines day...

1). The Mayans and Aztecs believed that the Cocoa Beans originated from Paradise and would bring wisdom and power to anyone consuming them.

2). Emperor Montezuma of Mexico partook a Chocolate drink before entering his harem. This gave rise to the notion of Chocolate having aphrodisiac properties. The Italian adventurer Giacomo Casanova was another fellow who subscribed to this notion. There is some truth to the idea though, since Chocolate contains hundreds of chemicals including the feel-good stimulants – Caffeine, Theobromine, and Phenyethylamine.

3). Even though Chocolate is high in fat, it does not appear to raise blood cholesterol.

4). Chocolate is a great economy booster. Annual world consumption of cocoa beans averages approximately 600,000 tons per year. Consumers worldwide spend more than $20 billion a year on Chocolate.

5). Chocolate was such as a prestigious luxury that the French Ruler, Louis XIV, also known as the “Sun King”, established a court position entitled Royal Chocolate Maker to the King.
6). In 1907, the iconic Milk Chocolate Hershey’s Kisses were introduced. They are one of the most successful chocolates and Hershey produces approximately 20-25 million per day in a variety of flavors.

7). Chocolate has long been heralded for its value as an energy source. Think of it this way: a single chocolate chip provides sufficient food energy for an adult to walk 150 feet; hence, it would take about 35 chocolate chips to go a mile, or 875,000 for an around-the-world hike.

8). The smell of chocolate may increase theta brain waves, resulting in relaxation.

9). Chocolate increases antioxidant levels in the blood while the flavanoids in chocolate may help keep blood vessels elastic.

10). Placebo-controlled trials suggest chocolate consumption may subtly enhance cognitive performance. As reported by Dr Bryan Raudenbush (2006), scores for verbal and visual memory are raised by eating chocolate. Impulse-control and reaction-time are also improved.

::inlove

Deadsoul

• -=Sharingan User=-
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
  • Run if you can!!
Re: 10 Facts About Chocolate Just in Time for Valentines Day
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 08:13:47 am »
nice find there...very educational...

puretuts

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 44
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 09:28:51 am »
may kulang pa ata ito.
it also produces a hormone that will simulate the feeling of bieng in love.

neckromancer

• Senator Sayote
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 17
  • Dungeon Master
    • Ang Aking Munting Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 11:07:59 am »
Dagdag natin:

- Hershey's Kisses are named for the sound they make when they come out of the machine.

- theobromine, the chemical found in chocolate literally means, "food of the gods"

voyager_

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 34
  • ROG Strix GL753-VE
    • "The Iglesia Ni Cristo"
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 11:27:06 am »
penge tokoleyt. finger4u
Rom 1:23  At pinalitan nila ang kaluwalhatian ng Dios na hindi nasisira, ng isang katulad ng larawan ng tao na nasisira, at ng mga ibon, at ng mga hayop na may apat na paa, at ng mga nagsisigapang.

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 02:32:18 pm »
 nice post  ;) i eat dark chocolate almost everyday   'women crave chocolate ' ;D

pa -add natin why we crave chocolate :

A Crave-Inducing Combination
 "The combination gives you that overall optimum brain happiness,"

* Theobromine: A caffeine-like stimulant that perks you up.

* Tryptophane: Increases the brain's serotonin levels for a happy, feel-good result.

* Phenethylamine: Releases endorphins, causing feelings of passion and love.

* Sugar and fat: The unbeatable duo that gives chocolate its delectable creamy texture.

edjaydaya

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 07:06:17 pm »
chocolate is a proven effective aphrodisiac, try it!

The Dark Knight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
  • I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 07:59:10 pm »
tokoleyts...tokoleyts...

nice find... toast::