Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Ito na to!!! Manny inks deal to fight Mayweather  (Read 3500 times)

agent 007

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 18
  • "oh yes i'm beginning to like it...."
Ito na to!!! Manny inks deal to fight Mayweather
« on: December 10, 2009, 04:56:31 am »

MANILA, Philippines – Manny Pacquiao has officially signed on to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. in what could be the biggest and richest fight in boxing history, the Filipino ring icon’s trainer said today.

Speaking to 8CountNews, Freddie Roach confirmed that his ward has indeed placed his signature on the fight contract, adding that the bout will be held on March 13.

“March 13th is the date, that's not going to change,” he told 8CountNews.

The multi-awarded trainer said that with Pacquiao inking the deal, it is now up to Mayweather to complete his end the deal.

“Well anything is possible with Floyd Mayweather involved, but we signed our contract and that's all I care about. There is nothing that I can do about the other guy. I don't know if they officially signed, but we have,” Roach said.

The bespectacled trainer added that among the things that the Pacquiao camp has agreed on were the glove size to be used and the weight class on which the fight would be held. He, however, did not provide further details.

“Everything looks good. We have agreed on the glove size, and the weight. I talked to (Pacquiao’s promoter Bob) Arum, Dallas wants the fight, MGM wants the fight, Yankee Stadium wants the fight, so it's just trying to find out where the venue is. The fight looks good,” Roach said.

And with the fight now closer to being finalized, how does Roach see Pacquiao matching up against Mayweather?

“It's a difficult fight, it's the most difficult style for us to go against because he (Mayweather) is a runner and a counter-puncher. We will go to camp and we will make some changes, we will set traps for this guy. This is completely opposite of the (Miguel) Cotto fight, opposite of the (Ricky) Hatton fight, and opposite from the (Oscar) De La Hoya fight. We will come up with a new game plan, a 10-week camp, and some changes. We will work on setting traps and taking Floyd's speed away from him,” he explained.

A Pacquiao-Mayweather bout would pit two of the best pound-for-pound fighters in their primes. It is expected to shatter existing pay-per-view records, with both fighters having proven themselves to be mammoth box-office draws. - By Dino Maragay (Philstar News Service, www.philstar.com)

laitzu

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 23
Re: Ito na to!!! Manny inks deal to fight Mayweather
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 05:17:25 am »
Let's get ready to rumble na!!!! Kaya lang di pa pumipirma si PBF.  Sana si Lea Salonga ang choice na kumanta ng Lupang Hinirang.

Go Manny!!!
Get $50 to start/Earn up to $20/day/Earn $5 per referral

Kurimasu

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 111
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 05:25:44 am »
Kay pacquiao ako kahit magkano..... :applause
Dark for fear of failure an inner gloom as wide as an eye and fermenting roiling hate death grip in my veins unveiling rancid petals flowering forth foul nectar the space between a blink and a tear ...death blooms...

mayki

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • awts
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 08:49:53 pm »
Dapat Million ang katapat per pound penalty.

Mahirap na  smoking::
aza

agent 007

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 18
  • "oh yes i'm beginning to like it...."
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 12:18:33 am »
yup dapat pag hind nasunod yung weight suspend yung laban tapos multa pa para sigurado na hindi nya gawin yung ginawa nya kay marquez

toast:: toast:: toast::

The Dark Knight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
  • I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 12:33:38 am »
Every boxing fans and even not, are waiting for this to happen...hopefully Mayweather agreed and sign...

And this time, the biggest fight, Lea Salonga should sing the National Anthem, no one is better in interpreting our anthem than Leah...

Marami kayang politoko pupunta sa 'tate? Busy na sila sa pangangampanya.... ;D

xeoxander01

• Balikatan Participant
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Beware of half truths. You may get the wrong half.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 12:37:37 am »
yung gloves.. 10 ounces bah or 8 ounces...

pag 8 ounces lng siguradong hindi tatagal si Pretty Boi..

tama din lng na pag lumagpas siya sa timbang i.call-off ang laban.. at pag multahin sya ng malaki..

langya kasi to si mayweather... madarayang bading....  gun:: gun:: gun::

nenji

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 12:38:15 am »
Dapat Million ang katapat per pound penalty.

Mahirap na  smoking::

tama, kasi nung laban ni floyd kay marquez liit lang ng penalty kaya lakas ng loob nya mgpalaki ng timbang kasi kaya nya bayaran...

forecast: manny win ko by 6th round...

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 12:45:06 am »
yung gloves.. 10 ounces bah or 8 ounces...

pag 8 ounces lng siguradong hindi tatagal si Pretty Boi..

tama din lng na pag lumagpas siya sa timbang i.call-off ang laban.. at pag multahin sya ng malaki..

langya kasi to si mayweather... madarayang bading....  gun:: gun:: gun::

unless there would be something else written on the contract (which I doubt PBF would sign to), welterweights use the 10 oz. gloves. And this fight will be at welterweight.  toast::
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

The Dark Knight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 12:59:43 am »
may "belt" ba ito? or yung imaginary na "pound for pound" lang ang paglalabanan...i mean the title?

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 01:04:30 am »
may "belt" ba ito? or yung imaginary na "pound for pound" lang ang paglalabanan...i mean the title?

batman, nakasalang  yung WBO Welterweight Belt ni Manny at pati na rin yung mythical P4P title since PBF is currently ranked as #2 P4P (which to me is still bogus since he's only been in one fight since retirement...a retired champion who decides to come back cannot be the champion again, nor the the #1 contender...on the top 10 maybe, but not #2). toast::
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

The Dark Knight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 01:09:08 am »
batman, nakasalang  yung WBO Welterweight Belt ni Manny at pati na rin yung mythical P4P title since PBF is currently ranked as #2 P4P (which to me is still bogus since he's only been in one fight since retirement...a retired champion who decides to come back cannot be the champion again, nor the the #1 contender...on the top 10 maybe, but not #2). toast::

ayos, superman... toast::

niek

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
  • The harder you fall, the higher you bounce....
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 01:15:24 am »

Well said  toast::

Core2_i7

• I am a LOVER not a FIGHTER!
  • Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 67
  • =Core2 since PINOYSPY DAYS=
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 02:32:56 am »
wag na muna siya mangampanya, training na kagad by january   :D

yamatoyukihiro

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 03:51:05 am »
may linear welterweight belt pa si floyd di ba?

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 19
  • Mahirap ang buhay sa pinas!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 04:08:32 am »
Sigurado hahanap ng tactics yan si gay mayweather para ma delay ang laban... pero kahit ano pa ang gawin nya sigurado lalampasuhin lang sya ni MP...  toast::
Timing is Everything!

JoeBlack

• Suspended
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 05:36:06 pm »
Quote from:  link=topic=107230.msg815654#msg815654 date=1260522512
Sigurado hahanap ng tactics yan si gay mayweather para ma delay ang laban... pero kahit ano pa ang gawin nya sigurado lalampasuhin lang sya ni MP...  toast::

Why would he delay the fight if prolonging the date means more time for Manny to fully heal his injuries from the Cotto fight?
SUSPENDED 6 MONTHS

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 10:36:23 pm »
sa tingin ko nga disadvantage kay manny kung mangyayari ang laban first hanggang third quarter next year.  its because of the fact na sasawsaw na naman siya sa pulitika and mahahati ang oras niya sa pangangampaniya at ensayo.  plus na yun kay mayweather in my opinion. 

if i were to choose the date for the fight, id say the earliest should be october next year.

yes, i am aware of the official campaign period (February 9 for President, Vice-President, Senators and party-list groups.  March 26 for Congressmen down to Municipal Councilors), but like i said "official" campaign period.  alam naman natin na this early, kung saan-saan na pumupunta ang mga pulitiko under the guise of "consultative meetings".  im sure, manny is already busy prepping for his candidacy and that of his party list.

dagdag pa mga other activities niya.   ;D
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

JoeBlack

• Suspended
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 11:45:42 pm »
He needs the money and he is the kind of guy who spends what he already holds. (Mindset: I will be this TV since I'm going to have a good pay check coming this next payday.)
SUSPENDED 6 MONTHS

mayki

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • awts
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 10:27:55 pm »
Bakit pa kasi need tumakbo  smoking::
aza

blueberiz2007

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 12:38:13 am »
this is a draw ;D

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 02:00:56 am »
Bakit pa kasi need tumakbo  smoking::

si manny, hindi na niya talaga need tumakbo.  nakakatulong naman na siya kahit hindi siya pulitiko.  just watch what he does whenever nananalo siya, ang daming pumipila sa harap ng bahay niya, bigay siya grocery items, etc.

mga pulitiko na nag-uudyok sa kanya, yun ang nangangailangan na tumakbo siya.  hinayang kasi sila sa pera na idadagdag niya sa kampanya.  isama mo pa yung hatak niya sa mga tao, crowd-drawer ika nga.  ang tanong kung iboboto ba si manny pacquiao ng mga tao?

boxing, panalo.  politics?  next question please  ::lmao
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)