Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Gibo for 2010  (Read 22510 times)

chocho_qta

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
Re: Gibo for 2010
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2009, 12:50:26 am »
From what I understand Paulo, you're seriously considering Erap because he was able to "eradicate" the Abu Sayaff.

Quite frankly, I think what Erap did was simply put a band aid to the wound. I mean, Abu Sayaff has affiliations with Al Qaeda & even the USA hasn't been able to eradicate them, how much so for Erap?

Personally I'm utterly dumbfounded why there are some people who still think Erap has a shot. I'm sure you have heard & seen that Erap was impeached, convicted & imprisoned. Does that count something for you?

You might think that PGMA also has some monkey business but that hasn't been proven yet.

Innocent until proven otherwise.

In Erap's case, there were several evidences of his monkey business so as far as the law goes, we can officially say that Erap stole the people's money & squandered them for his own interest.

So in essence, you're practically saying that you might vote someone who is a convicted theif, a womanizer & a big fat liar to become the next president of the Philippines?

Zornhau

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Forever Alone
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2009, 08:27:19 am »

saan nga? Eh dalawang taon siya sa DND di ba?  di ba may press corps diyan sa dnd at sa afp? walng lumalabas dahil wala ngang nagwa eh...I have raised issues in my previous posts in these thread na hindi nga nasagot ng mga pro-Gibo na brods eh.

Peace po

Check the AFP Capability Upgrade Program. Gibo contributed efforts to this project AFAIK. You can track the progress of that in Timawa.net/forum. Also, Gibo was instrumental on acquiring 15 T-41 Mescalero trainer planes from South Korea AFAIK.

So maybe the question is, wala ba talaga siya ginawa or you didn't look at the right places?
Peace din.  toast::

Anyways...
http://www.facebook.com/giboteodoro?v=info

Zornhau

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Forever Alone
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2009, 08:41:29 am »
The FB account contains lotsa infos regarding what Gibo has done as DND Sec.

Akala ko dati wala pa siya 1 year sa DND.. 2 taon pala siya dun.

paulo

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -2
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2009, 03:28:23 pm »
@chocho_qta

"Band-aid" is always better than letting the wound fester, or making it deeper.

Yes, I might vote for him. He's certainly not on top of my list but he's not down there either. I'd rather have a corrupt official who does his job than one who just sits there. Or worse, sits there and steals from you. Heck, I guess even GMA would be better than some of the candidates.

But please, we're talking about Gibo here. I could go on, but maybe we should do it elsewhere.

@Zornhau

Good post. I'm glad Gibo actually has something to his name. Not as much as the others, but substantial.

spikespeigel

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2010, 02:10:43 am »
Check the AFP Capability Upgrade Program. Gibo contributed efforts to this project AFAIK. You can track the progress of that in Timawa.net/forum. Also, Gibo was instrumental on acquiring 15 T-41 Mescalero trainer planes from South Korea AFAIK.

So maybe the question is, wala ba talaga siya ginawa or you didn't look at the right places?
Peace din.  toast::

Anyways...

Oh really? Where have all the funds fom the BCDA gone? Moreover, what has he done to stop the pilferage of weapons and ammunition from the arsenal of the armed forces as well the over all corruption in the entire AFP command structure?

Another issue is the matter of Gibos stand in the disadvantageous position of RP in the VFA. He doesnt even hve the balls to advise Gloria and have have a more equitable relationship with US in the VFA.

Are these what you call sipag at tiyaga?

spikespeigel

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2010, 09:24:37 am »
Will Gibo go after Gloria for all these?

http://opinion.inquirer.net/inquireropinion/columns/view/20100101-245051/Losing-hundreds-of-billions

Losing hundreds of billions

By Solita Collas-Monsod
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 19:55:00 01/01/2010

Filed Under: Government, Graft & Corruption, NBN deal

IN 2008, thanks to the efforts of whistleblowers such as columnist Jarius Bondoc, Joey de Venecia, Jun Lozada and Sen. Panfilo Lacson, the infamous NBN-ZTE project was shelved. Had it gone through, the Filipino people would have forked out three times what the project was worth, and we would have been about P10 billion poorer as a result.

In 2009, thanks to the efforts of Louie Sison (who filed the case) and then senators Franklin Drilon and Serge Osmeña, the Supreme Court nixed a compromise agreement between government corporation PNCC and a company called Radstock. Had it gone through, PNCC would have been stripped of all its assets, some P17 billion worth, and the government and the Filipino people would have been left holding an empty bag—unable to collect any of the P36 billion owed to it/them by PNCC.

In 2010, a much larger sum than those saved in 2008 and 2009 is at stake. If things continue to go the way they are going, the government and the Filipino people stand to lose an amount conservatively estimated at between P220 billion and P330 billion.
Those figures represent the government’s 60-percent share of Lucio Tan’s share of around 300 companies which Tan reputedly controls, according to the Global Business Leaders website. The total value of this “empire,” says the website, would not be less than $20 billion (as of 2005, mind you), and Tan controls 40 to 60 percent of this. The math is easy: Tan’s share is between 40 percent and 60 percent of $20 billion, which comes to between $8 billion and $12 billion respectively. The government’s share is 60 percent of Tan’s share, which comes to between $4.8 billion and $7.2 billion. At P46 to the dollar, the government’s share therefore amounts to between P220.8 billion and P331.2 billion.

And why should government have a 60-percent share of Tan’s share? The logic is again simple: Ferdinand Marcos gave Tan his start, and was instrumental in the success of the existing businesses (Fortune Tobacco and Asia Brewery were given all kinds of tax breaks and accommodations) and the acquisition of new businesses (Tan conveniently ended up the only bidder for what is now Allied Bank, and got it for a song). But Marcos wasn’t doing this out of the goodness of his heart. The quid pro quo was that Marcos was to own 60 percent of the businesses (as testified to by his wife Imelda and his son Bongbong, and as finalized by his financial consultant Rolando Gapud—who recounts that Tan tried, in vain, to negotiate the sharing to 50-50).

Unfortunately for Marcos (aside from the Edsa Revolution and his death), the Supreme Court ruled that his accumulated official income during his government tenure was a tiny, negligible fraction of the money required to acquire such wealth. Ergo, such wealth was unexplained. Ergo, it was improperly acquired. Ergo, it belongs to the government.

Unfortunately for the Filipino people, the government’s efforts to get that 60-percent share of the Tan empire was moving, if at all, at a snail’s pace—for a variety of reasons: at best “benign” neglect on the part of the government itself, and Tan’s excellent legal team (read Estelito Mendoza).

And then came a major break in the case, in the form of Catalino Generillo, a PCGG lawyer hired by Haydee Yorac in 2001, who was assigned to the Tan case in early 1997. For what has to be the first time in 20 years, it seems, there was pro-activeness on the part of government—Generillo got witnesses like Bongbong Marcos (hostile) and Jovito Salonga to testify, subpoenaed documents right and left (Malacañang Museum, Bangko Sentral) and rediscovered valuable documents which had somehow gotten lost in the shuffle. For the first time, it looked like the government had a strong chance of winning the case.

Yet another break in the case occurred last year: Lucio Tan and his brother Mariano Tanenglian had a nasty and apparently irremediable falling out. And Generillo pursued the possibility of having Tanenglian, who was the treasurer of all the Tan companies, become a government witness in exchange for immunity.

But then, Generillo was fired from the PCGG. At the instigation, no less, of Tan’s lawyer, Mendoza. On the recommendation, subsequently, of Solicitor General Agnes Devanadera. Which the PCGG promptly accepted and implemented.

Subsequently, the very same Devanadera who recommended that Generillo be fired also recommended to the PCGG that it not grant immunity to Tanenglian, and not use him as a government witness.

In other words, the government, through Devanadera and the PCGG, shot its case against Tan in the foot—twice. Worse, the PCGG is making it appear as if Generillo and Tanenglian are the bad guys. In that, it is in complete accord with Tan, who wants both out of the case. Which leads one to wonder which side the PCGG and the solicitor general are on in the first place.

Now the reader knows what I mean when I say that if things continue the way they are going, we stand to lose from P220 billion to P330 billion.

If we don’t want that to happen, folks, we have our New Year’s Resolution for 2010: to exert pressure on the PCGG to use both Generillo and Tanenglian. Generillo because he not only has done his homework, but is not open to transactional justice. Tanenglian, because they have everything to gain and nothing to lose if they use him—assuming of course that the PCGG officials have the country’s financial interests, and not their own, at heart.

talimusaw

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2010, 09:37:00 am »
Diba yung nakuhang mga armas ay under ng DND na hawak ni Gibo.

Mas nakakatakot tong taong to eh mas magaling pa kay GMA to ah.

Zornhau

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Forever Alone
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2010, 06:36:32 am »

Oh really? Where have all the funds fom the BCDA gone? Moreover, what has he done to stop the pilferage of weapons and ammunition from the arsenal of the armed forces as well the over all corruption in the entire AFP command structure?

Another issue is the matter of Gibos stand in the disadvantageous position of RP in the VFA. He doesnt even have the balls to advise Gloria and have have a more equitable relationship with US in the VFA.

Are these what you call sipag at tiyaga?

Sudden change of course there...

Have you check the Capability Upgrade Program (CUP) progress? It's a clear indication that he did do something.

I have to admit I'm not familiar with this BCDA you are talking about? Are you reffering to the Philippine Bases Conversion and Development program? Do you suspect corruption from that project? Share what do you know.

http://www.bcda.gov.ph/

Stealing of weapons and ammunitions indeed is an old problem in the AFP. Ganun talaga, maraming mahirap na sundalo at mas pinipili nilang ibenta ang mga ibang articles na di nila gaano ginagamit basta't hindi sila mahuhuli. Accounting of weapons is a measure to prevent this, pero paano kung pati yung nagchecheck eh kasabwat? I dedeclare nilang, lost or totally damaged na. Kahit hindi naman. AFAIK, those are the usual cases. I have to admit I have no ideal solution to these kinds of problems. Only that you can hope there will be a whistle blower to end it. These types of problems are not as easy to solve as one may think. IMO.

Clearly...

Gibo, indeed was not enough to solve the corruption problem on the AFP. But he is no perfect cure. Like other good DND secretaries he had his own unique ways.

About the VFA problem. I believe this issue is better left for the legislators (senate and congress) to decide on. AFAIK, It was the legislators who made the rules of the VFA. Not the DND sec. It was the legislators of Estrada's time who agreed on this. Maybe it is also in their power to change it.

Zornhau

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Forever Alone
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2010, 06:49:50 am »

New Armored Vehicles from Turkey, delivered last month.

spikespeigel

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2010, 01:57:49 pm »
@ Zornhau ,  I cant exactly remember since when exactly we have been having our wish list under the AFP Modernization Act  (1995 maybe?) and obviously we're having too little considering that our armed forces have been tied down in a war of attrition with both the communists and seccessionists.

We talk of the Capability Upgrade Program but this have been on-line way (AFP Modernization Program) before Gibo was secetary of DND and have been programed in several tranches with funds to be sourced from the sale of military owned real estate in Metropolitan Manila under the Bases Conversion Development Development Authority and other sources under RA  7898 - the AFP Modernization Act Trust Fund (AFPMATF). In short, materiel delivery within the last decade and a half with the exception of moth balled   vehicles and helicopters as well as a paltry number of riffles and other equipments donated by the US , have been ordered way back during the 1st half (first seven years) of the almost 15 years that the AFP Modernization Act was signed into law by then Pres. Ramos in 1995.

http://www.afpmodernization.mil.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6:arv&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50
http://www.afpmodernization.mil.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=27

Interestingly enough, a closer inspection of the procurement data of the armored vehicles shown by Zornhau in his response to my post shows that the procurement of these armored assets from the contractor FNSS were initiated on 2002 with subsequent contracts for armour upgrade of some APCs currently in the inventory of the AFP.

http://www.nurol.com.tr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103&Itemid=186&lang=EN
http://www.nurol.com.tr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103&Itemid=263&lang=EN

For purposes of our discussion, how would Zornhau grade Gibo in rlation to the wish list posted in timawa.net as per below link.

http://www.timawa.net/modernization.htm

As to gibo's stand on the VFA, as a Presidential contender, he should have a definitive stand on the issue and treaties being a senate prerogative shouldnt be an excuse considering that in the end, even Senator Santiago has to admit
that a reassessment of the VFA's beneficiality must come from the Office of the President. We cant just simply have have another Amboy in the palace by the river. Ayt? Gibo cannot just be another magsaysay.

Zornhau

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Forever Alone
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2010, 07:41:50 am »
@ Zornhau ,  I cant exactly remember since when exactly we have been having our wish list under the AFP Modernization Act  (1995 maybe?) and obviously we're having too little considering that our armed forces have been tied down in a war of attrition with both the communists and seccessionists.

We talk of the Capability Upgrade Program but this have been on-line way (AFP Modernization Program) before Gibo was secetary of DND and have been programed in several tranches with funds to be sourced from the sale of military owned real estate in Metropolitan Manila under the Bases Conversion Development Development Authority and other sources under RA  7898 - the AFP Modernization Act Trust Fund (AFPMATF). In short, materiel delivery within the last decade and a half with the exception of moth balled   vehicles and helicopters as well as a paltry number of riffles and other equipments donated by the US , have been ordered way back during the 1st half (first seven years) of the almost 15 years that the AFP Modernization Act was signed into law by then Pres. Ramos in 1995.

http://www.afpmodernization.mil.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6:arv&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50
http://www.afpmodernization.mil.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=27

Interestingly enough, a closer inspection of the procurement data of the armored vehicles shown by Zornhau in his response to my post shows that the procurement of these armored assets from the contractor FNSS were initiated on 2002 with subsequent contracts for armour upgrade of some APCs currently in the inventory of the AFP.

http://www.nurol.com.tr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103&Itemid=186&lang=EN
http://www.nurol.com.tr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103&Itemid=263&lang=EN

For purposes of our discussion, how would Zornhau grade Gibo in rlation to the wish list posted in timawa.net as per below link.

http://www.timawa.net/modernization.htm

As to gibo's stand on the VFA, as a Presidential contender, he should have a definitive stand on the issue and treaties being a senate prerogative shouldnt be an excuse considering that in the end, even Senator Santiago has to admit
that a reassessment of the VFA's beneficiality must come from the Office of the President. We cant just simply have have another Amboy in the palace by the river. Ayt? Gibo cannot just be another magsaysay.

AFAIK, the Capability Upgrade Program did not start during the Ramos Administration but rather around 2006 Arroyo Admin. term. I think Avelino Cruz was then the DND Sec. But of course Gibo Teodoro made sure that this project will go on smoothly...

2002??

The Philippine Army had other procurements with FNSS Nurol back then. Philippine Army bought an Armored Recovery Vehicle, Armored Infantry Fighting Vehicle all (M113 variants from FNSS) back in the past. You were reffering to previous acquisitions I think. AFAIK the Armored Vehicles I posted delivered last year was sealed in a deal back in 2007.

Obviously, the wishlist is still not taking up much progress. Due to lack of funding and prioritization from the national budget. AFAIK the first blocks of the CUP was intended to deal with the basic needs of the AFP. Maybe in the next years we will be seeing new hi tech things for the AFP.

I'm not sure on how does Gibo stand with the issue on VFA, but as a DND Sec. His job is to follow the rules set by those who created VFA. But as a presidential aspirant maybe it is a big deal for Gibo to answer, if revision of the VFA requires the Presidents initiative. I'm not an expert on laws but I think the initiative for the revision of VFA should come from the Senate. I believe the Senate should present first what should be revised and how will it be revised first. But we should also take note on how will the US react to this.

It may end up as a trigger for the collapse of VFA. Sayang ang advantages ng agreement.
Magulo ang issue ng VFA.

There maybe even hidden strings attached to it. Kaya hindi basta basta magalaw. Nanghuhula lang.

Zornhau

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Forever Alone
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2010, 07:48:27 am »
NATIONAL LEADERSHIP

The strong will to resist temptation

A good leader must be of strong character and integrity. More than anything else, he or she must embrace the true essence of public service as a calling. He should also have a clear grasp of the concept that he was elected to the Office which is an institution, and he, the one elected to that office. The ideals and obligations of the Office go beyond his personal self. As the one elected by the people, he must always be guided by what’s best for his country or constituents even if this entails great personal sacrifices on his part.

A true leader must accept the philosophy that he should serve without expecting anything in return.

In the end, his strength of character and integrity would give him the will to resist temptation. This strength of character and integrity does not come with the office – these traits are nurtured through years of public service.

EDUCATION

Preparing our children for the future

Our children should be well equipped with the right skills and knowledge base to be globally competitive. Gibo pushes for academic excellence and a better curriculum, because he feels, the current curriculum is light in technical skills, mathematics, and English. By recommendation, a substantial and additional two years to the original six years of elementary is needed to prepare young Filipinos for four years of secondary education.

Exhaust all means to give everyone the proper college education

Loan Program

Aside from usual scholarships and state subsidies, creative solutions should also be implemented to give every Filipino the education that is rightfully his. One specific example for this is a loan system for the less fortunate, but deserving students in the tertiary level. When a student applies for a loan, he will be given a Social Security System (SSS) number. Immediately after he gets his first paycheck, it will register that he is getting a salary and subsequent deductions could be made.

GOVERNANCE

Pork Barrel: Competence in fund management is the solution

Reinforce the capability of the local government units to handle local funds and carry out intended projects. The issue According to Gibo, the pork barrel is not the problem, but how it is managed and utilized.

Regional Autonomy

The Congress should determine how much autonomy they allow different regions. “So they have the power to realign internal revenue allotments to regions that can’t. But I oppose in giving autonomy to regions which are not prepared, because merely of a military conflict.”

ECONOMY

Innovation is the key

To avoid a state of progress plateau, the country needs more innovative ideas to fuel the industry and the economy. The country has exhausted the era of copying and remodeling trends, it is time for something new in order for the country to become more globally competitive. The country needs to generate more ideas. The talents and minds of our countrymen is our greatest resource.

http://www.eleksyon.co.cc/gilbert-teodoros-platform/

I found this somewhere.

Zornhau

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Forever Alone
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2010, 08:03:59 am »
Transparency Measures. Sec. Gibo stressed that transparency will not be sacrificed over the need for expeditious procurements for the Defense Capability Upgrade Program. Under his watch, DND entered into a MOA with Citizens Against Corruptions and MBC to strengthen their role as observers of DND Bids and Awards (BAC) proceedings at all stages of procurement to promote transparency. Sec. Gibo also directed conduct of investigations to assure the regularity of proceedings and to further uphold the primary concepts of justice and fair play. This resulted to the filing of complaint before the Office of Ombudsman against officials of the DND and AFP considered responsible for the irregularities in the attack helicopters NCAH Project and resulted in the declaration of a failed bidding that insulated the project cost of Php1.2 Billion from corruption.

AFP Capability Upgrade Program. Since September 2007, various contracts were approved under the AFP Capability Program. Among which includes contracts for Fixed Communication System, Squad Automatic Weapon, 1 ¼ Ton Troop Carrier, APC M113, UHF Communication System, EOD Bomb Suit, Army Watercraft, Multi-purpose Attack Craft, Basic Trainer Aircraft and Fokker F-28 JET IRAN. It was also during the term of Secretary Teodoro when the Coast Watch South was activated. This provides the first line of defense towards detecting and interdicting unlawful activities of sea-going vessels passing through the southern corridors of the Philippines.

The entry stating APC M113 seems to confirm that the Armored Vehicle photo I posted was acquired through the CUP. The AVs in the photo is an M113 APC variant. Consistent with what Gibo ordered I think.

Taken from

paulo

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -2
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2010, 01:53:13 pm »
@Zornhau

Lack of budget? All this time I was under the impression that most of the budget already went to defense, with the insurgencies as an excuse for it. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if the budget didn't go to defense, where is it going to?

Zornhau

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Forever Alone
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2010, 08:00:49 am »
@Zornhau

Lack of budget? All this time I was under the impression that most of the budget already went to defense, with the insurgencies as an excuse for it. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if the budget didn't go to defense, where is it going to?

AFAIK, under the Arroyo Administration. The National Budget was focused on paying the governments debts. Ayun din ang pagkaka alam ko kaya nagkaroon ng e-vat para mas matustusan ang pangbayad utang. Diba nasa 1 trillion pesos na ang National Budget? Pero kataka taka di natin maramdaman yung 1 Trillion. Other than that. Sa hatian ng pera sa mga government executive departments. Dep Ed ang pagkaka alam ko na mas prioritized sa lahat under GMA's command.

Since nabanggit mo na you thought that most of the budget went to the national defense efforts. May naalala ako, I think there is a law or maybe bill palang na nagsasaad na 5 or 10% of the national budget should be given to the Armed Forces of the Philippines. I think na discuss narin ito sa Timawa.net forum pero kung batas na ito. Ewan ko lang bakit sinusuway. Siguro nga sobrang laki ng percent ng national budget napupunta sa pambayad utang kaya walang natitira kay Juan Dela Cruz.

chauncey_xyz

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2010, 10:25:45 am »
Mahusay yung pagkakagawa ng commercials ni Gibo. Madaming na-dedeceive sa slogan niyang "Galing at Talino". May mga bumilib at naniwala.

But honestly, i think he is still inexperienced for the position. Wala pa akong alam na concrete na nagawa niya for the country. And the actions he's taken during the Maguindanao case was a bit fishy.  Also, i do not trust him since he is on Arroyo's side. May utang na loob siya kay Gloria. Malamang sa palampasin niya lahat ng kasalan ni GMA if ever siya ang ma-elect. Sinasabi niya di siya magkakaroon ng utang na loob kay GMA... pero.. who knows??? di ako agad maniniwala. will you?  smoking::

spikespeigel

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2010, 03:54:48 pm »
Lakas stalwarts are now painting Gibo as another Quezon.....he may soon do another, "may loyalty to my party ends where my loyalty to my people begins". Abangan ang susunod na kabanata....

Such we will be proof of their desperation but will he have the balls to take on Gloria on the Hello Garci Scandal considering that the same people responsible for the Miracle in Maguindanao in 2004 are also his gunners come 2010?

Nahhhhh....I dont think so. So much for Galing at Talino. ::lmao

nardo123

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2010, 11:23:29 pm »
halos magkasunod lang naman ung bagyo a .. eh pano mapeprepare ng ganun kabilis ?

perverted26

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
  • Axe Dark Temptation's Biggest Stock Holder
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2010, 11:32:23 pm »
NATIONAL LEADERSHIP

The strong will to resist temptation

A good leader must be of strong character and integrity. More than anything else, he or she must embrace the true essence of public service as a calling. He should also have a clear grasp of the concept that he was elected to the Office which is an institution, and he, the one elected to that office. The ideals and obligations of the Office go beyond his personal self. As the one elected by the people, he must always be guided by what’s best for his country or constituents even if this entails great personal sacrifices on his part.

A true leader must accept the philosophy that he should serve without expecting anything in return.

In the end, his strength of character and integrity would give him the will to resist temptation. This strength of character and integrity does not come with the office – these traits are nurtured through years of public service.

EDUCATION

Preparing our children for the future

Our children should be well equipped with the right skills and knowledge base to be globally competitive. Gibo pushes for academic excellence and a better curriculum, because he feels, the current curriculum is light in technical skills, mathematics, and English. By recommendation, a substantial and additional two years to the original six years of elementary is needed to prepare young Filipinos for four years of secondary education.

Exhaust all means to give everyone the proper college education

Loan Program

Aside from usual scholarships and state subsidies, creative solutions should also be implemented to give every Filipino the education that is rightfully his. One specific example for this is a loan system for the less fortunate, but deserving students in the tertiary level. When a student applies for a loan, he will be given a Social Security System (SSS) number. Immediately after he gets his first paycheck, it will register that he is getting a salary and subsequent deductions could be made.

GOVERNANCE

Pork Barrel: Competence in fund management is the solution

Reinforce the capability of the local government units to handle local funds and carry out intended projects. The issue According to Gibo, the pork barrel is not the problem, but how it is managed and utilized.

Regional Autonomy

The Congress should determine how much autonomy they allow different regions. “So they have the power to realign internal revenue allotments to regions that can’t. But I oppose in giving autonomy to regions which are not prepared, because merely of a military conflict.”

ECONOMY

Innovation is the key

To avoid a state of progress plateau, the country needs more innovative ideas to fuel the industry and the economy. The country has exhausted the era of copying and remodeling trends, it is time for something new in order for the country to become more globally competitive. The country needs to generate more ideas. The talents and minds of our countrymen is our greatest resource.

http://www.eleksyon.co.cc/gilbert-teodoros-platform/

I found this somewhere.
- eh lahat ng ito, napatunayan na ni Richard Gordon...
 walang wala si Gibo...
 dati Gibo ako...
 pero ngayon hindi na...
 "GALING AT TALINO?"
 Saan nai-apply yung GALING?
 at Saan naging batayan ang TALINO?
 PURE slogan lang.

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2010, 03:59:25 am »
GIBO galing at Talino

ibibigay ang galing sa pangongorakot at Talino sa Pangongorakot okay sana sipag at tyaga pwede pa

Zornhau

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Forever Alone
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2010, 06:58:21 am »
- eh lahat ng ito, napatunayan na ni Richard Gordon...
 walang wala si Gibo...
 dati Gibo ako...
 pero ngayon hindi na...
 "GALING AT TALINO?"
 Saan nai-apply yung GALING?
 at Saan naging batayan ang TALINO?
 PURE slogan lang.

Batayan ng Talino... Siguro naman pasado siya dito.
Magaling naman siya sa debate IMO.
I read somewhere he is a Bar topnotcher as well. So, marunong sa usaping batas.

Galing...
I guess magbasa basa nalang tayo sa kung ano-ano ang mga nagawa niya para sa DND even with limited resources. Maybe magkaroon kayo ng verdict duon.

perverted26

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
  • Axe Dark Temptation's Biggest Stock Holder
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2010, 07:48:45 am »

Batayan ng Talino... Siguro naman pasado siya dito.
Magaling naman siya sa debate IMO.
I read somewhere he is a Bar topnotcher as well. So, marunong sa usaping batas.

Galing...
I guess magbasa basa nalang tayo sa kung ano-ano ang mga nagawa niya para sa DND even with limited resources. Maybe magkaroon kayo ng verdict duon.

- is it logical? being a BAR TOPNOTCHER?! = Talino in superlative form?
ok so GALING AT TALINO na.. ok fine...
and then saan na ba niya nagamit?
para umangat ang imahe ng Pinas?

Secretary Of Defense VS Secretary of Tourism...
ano ang may naipakitang RESULTA?
kung parehong mahirap na trabaho, RESULTA ang tingnan natin.
uulitin ko..
lahat ng plataporma ni Gibo, o ibang presidentiables man...
ALREADY NAGAWA na ni Gordon.
maliit man ang Olongapo, but still we're looking for a POSITIVE RESULT.
POSITIVE OUTCOME.

spikespeigel

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2010, 11:59:17 am »
Sad effort for both Gibo and Dick supporters....until you convince the people that your candidates deserves the people's trust, walang mangyayari sa mga candidacy nila.

Well it's some reunion of sorts considering that Gibo and dick share the same legacy. Both have strong  pro-marcos and pro-gloria backgrounds. No wonder the people dont trust them.

paulo

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -2
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2010, 12:08:23 pm »
@chauncey_xyz

I remember Gibo saying in the presidential debate something to the effect of "of course I have utang na loob for GMA, someone who gave a guy like me a shot. It's a natural thing for a Filipino to do." That really struck a chord in me.

@spikespeigel

You're right, I would say that these two guys are at the very least in the top 3 most qualified candidates; but the problem is making the people come around to that fact. From what I see most of them would rather rally under a certain someone who to me hasn't done anything and will most likely not do anything in the future.

spikespeigel

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2010, 01:48:52 am »
@chauncey_xyz

I remember Gibo saying in the presidential debate something to the effect of "of course I have utang na loob for GMA, someone who gave a guy like me a shot. It's a natural thing for a Filipino to do." That really struck a chord in me.

@spikespeigel

You're right, I would say that these two guys are at the very least in the top 3 most qualified candidates; but the problem is making the people come around to that fact. From what I see most of them would rather rally under a certain someone who to me hasn't done anything and will most likely not do anything in the future.

well, that depends from whose point of view you will see the matter of what the person has done in the past to merit him top position in our country. For me who suports Noynoy whom you view in your other posts in other threads as walang binatbat. I view the Presidency as a gun, even though it is fully loaded and very lethal, it is a tool for peace in the hands of conscientious law enforcer but it is a tool for terror and mayhem  in the hands of a bank robber or a terrorist.

Like the gun which by itself is lethal in nature, the Presidency is also imbued with powers that makes the position highly destructive if it falls into the hands of men of dubious character. Such precisely is the reason why we prefer Noynoy over the others because  we beleive that he has the character necessary to weld the powers of the presidency for the good of our people.