Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: New guns for the PNP: 22,000 Glock 17 pistols  (Read 3693 times)

pspyrock

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 47
New guns for the PNP: 22,000 Glock 17 pistols
« on: July 02, 2013, 03:35:57 am »
I hope they put them to good use, to serve and protect the public.

MANILA - President Aquino on Tuesday led the distribution of over 22,000 Glock 17 pistols to policemen at Camp Crame.

This is the biggest batch of firearms distributed so far among the 59,904 pistols acquired by the Philippine National Police last year.

The Glock 17 pistols are similar to handguns used by police forces in America, Europe and Asia.

The President gave credit to the late Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo who spearheaded the procurement of the guns to achieve the goal of arming all policemen.

The Glock 17 Gen4 has a market price of roughly P40,000, but the PNP was able to close a deal with distributor Trust Trade Philippines-Glock Asia at a price of P16,659.94 each.

The President also lauded a couple of policemen in the audience for their exemplary performance and ordered PNP chief Alan Purisima to make sure they are promoted.

"Kaakibat ng mga bagong baril isinusulong na rin ang PNP operational transformation plan para sa 2013-2016. Bahagi nito ang pagdaragdag ng 15,000 non-uniformed personnel upang pumalit sa mga pulis sa mga gawaing administritibo," Aquino said in a speech.
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/07/02/13/pnoy-arms-cops-22000-glocks

buddha

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 5
Re: New guns for the PNP: 22,000 Glock 17 pistols
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 07:32:06 am »
So now they have more guns while we have more reasons to fear them.

Turon

• The witness & the arbitrator of the scion.
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • My doctor told me not to dance again.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 07:58:59 am »
Competitive gun is useless if the bearer is incompetent.

ogamer104

• Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 18
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 08:02:25 am »
Competitive gun is useless if the bearer is incompetent.

competitive gun?

Turon

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 08:04:52 am »
competitive gun?

It is if it can kill you right? It might sound hypocrite but I trust the gun more than those who will use it.

ogamer104

• Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 18
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 08:12:00 am »
?

Competitive = Competiton = race gun  ang G 17 na issued sa Pnp?

Yung ba ang sinasabi mo?

Turon

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 08:19:38 am »
?

Competitive = Competiton = race gun  ang G 17 na issued sa Pnp?

Yung ba ang sinasabi mo?

I'm not into technicalities when it comes to guns.But having said that those are not russian roulette guns or old rusty guns that some still have now,is still an improvement.My point is no matter what kind of gun (you can call it whatever you want to even a BB gun) is useless if the person is incompetent.I hope that they also put more emphasis on their training.Not only on their armaments.

waPakman

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 10:48:52 am »
magbisaya nalan ta...  laffman::
"If you find yourself in a hole stop digging."

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 12:19:03 pm »
 smoking:: feeling ko malakas pa yung mga gamit ng holdaper kesa sa 9mm pistol , i think magnum 38 o 357 yung mga ginagamit ng holdaper

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 05:38:08 pm »
smoking:: feeling ko malakas pa yung mga gamit ng holdaper kesa sa 9mm pistol , i think magnum 38 o 357 yung mga ginagamit ng holdaper

ang usual na gamit sa mga crime eh 45 at 9 mm.  45 being VERY famous here in pinas what with its ever famous STOPPING POWER is almost the STANDARD caliber when you see news concerning firearms here.  as to caliber, i'd rather that the caliber suits the one using it.  what is the use of a awesome stopping power of the 45, if you can't "deliver" it down to its intended target.  i have female friends asking me for gun recommendations, usually for car or home security, and i let them try to shoot a 45 and a 9 mm in the range first.  then i decide which caliber they can handle and hence which caliber i will recommend.  i sometimes recommend a caliber 40 as a viable alternative to 9mm.  my philosophy is shot placement then caliber size.  a 45 will be usuless if it will always hit the ground when in fact you want to hit an "Alpha".  having said such, women usually can handle up to a 9mm however, i have someone i know who can handle a 45. 

When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

templar

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 17
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 08:31:49 pm »
low maintenance ang glock,madaling linisin, lesser number of parts pag dinisassemble, hindi mabigat unlike beretta because it is polymer,

kaya lang dapat fmj palagi ang gamit hindi lead bullets at baka magKB. then our police should get used to the safe action trigger, pag ikinasa, pull lang ng trigger puputok na, unlike beretta and 1911 na may manual safety. 
"Improvise, Adapt, Overcome" --- Gunnery Sgt. Tom "Gunny" Highway

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way" --- Lt. Gen. George Patton

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 08:40:04 pm »
low maintenance ang glock,madaling linisin, lesser number of parts pag dinisassemble, hindi mabigat unlike beretta because it is polymer,

kaya lang dapat fmj palagi ang gamit hindi lead bullets at baka magKB. then our police should get used to the safe action trigger, pag ikinasa, pull lang ng trigger puputok na, unlike beretta and 1911 na may manual safety. 

having hndled a Gloc 17 then, i like how accurate it is, comparable to a Jericho in my opinion.  however, that is what i hate about the Glocs, its safe action trigger.  being accustomed to Condition Zero or One, based on variables, but usually Condition One, i still feel "safe" with my grip safety as well as the "main safety" coupled with the trigger itself.  having the safety in the trigger itself, is well, not my cup of tea. 
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

templar

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 17
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 09:05:35 pm »
ditto on the safe action trigger, kaya ako extreme trigger discipline talaga
"Improvise, Adapt, Overcome" --- Gunnery Sgt. Tom "Gunny" Highway

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way" --- Lt. Gen. George Patton

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 09:24:38 pm »
ditto on the safe action trigger, kaya ako extreme trigger discipline talaga

say that to the policemen who will be using this on a daily basis.  kung "armalite" nga hindi pa maintindihan na "safe" practice is to not put your trigger finger in unless you are ready to fire.  patrol mode lang sa kalye, eh naka-sling ang m16, eh dapat pa talagang hawakan ang handgrip tapos ipasok ang trigger finger sa trigger guard! 

sorry to say this, but i see some news in the near future with regards accidental discharge involving our new Glocs.  by the way, Municipality of Manaoag's PNP has long adopted the Glocs as the carry pistol of their people.