Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Proof of Vote Buying sa Boho: Maraming Nagrereklamo noon, no action til today.  (Read 9636 times)

The Archangel

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • -:
  • -:
  • Karma 4762
My standpoint to issues that concern politics and the government may not be this avenue (this forum) to voice out these concerns.
Although I still adhere to "Freedom of Speech" but the appropriate place to address these issues and concerns would be the COMELEC.
Voicing these issues here will only create discord because each and everyone of us here in this forum has reserved thoughts about politics.
This is just like Religion.
When you talk about religion, you will just enter a discussion where there is no positive answer - only more questions.

I'd like to share with you something I experienced during the dark days of Marcos' Martial Law.
During the early 80s at the height of then-Pres.Marcos' so-called "Snap Elections", I was witness to the most notorious vote-buying that you could ever imagine.
Literally, money was flowing by the thousands and even by the hundreds during the campaign sorties of the Marcos-Tolentino Tandem.
I was a beat reporter at that time and since I had a camera in tow, I shot these nefarious activities right before my very eyes.
Since they (Marcos Campaigners) knew I was a reporter, they gave me an envelope with loads of cash in it together with a nice-looking card that said, "Vote Marcos-Tolentino straight".
And then suddenly, the Marcos-controlled cops appeared and immediately cordoned us and told me and my group to stop taking pictures.
I didn't listen to them even though I was already given an envelope with lots of money in it.
Before I knew it, I and my group were hauled away and detained by the Metrocom (that was the Philippine Constabulary, and now called the PNP)) together with other beat reporters that were holding cameras who were also covering the incident.
On the precinct were we were detained, they destroyed the films of our cameras bearing the pictures we took of that vote-buying incident.
But luckily, human rights lawyer, Atty.Rene Saguisag (ex-Senator) came to our rescue and we were released the following day.
This is just the side of my story during the Marcos years and I think mas-lantaran na ang vote-buying ngayon as you can see it exposed on Social Media.

I will advice the TS (kwartaf13) to go to the appropriate place to address these issues, and that is the COMELEC.
Whether or not what you say is hearsay, rumor, gossip, what you've seen and what you've heard should have a credible backup and proper documenting to support your report/s.
When you go there to the COMELEC, be sure to bring a very good lawyer with you who knows his way around these things and who cannot be bought.
But if and when these are not met, and if you do not address and file a case with the COMELEC, the reports and/or evidence (verified or not) that you have will remain as mere "allegations".
One need not be a lawyer to know these things but this is always the rule of law and the rule of legalities.
Been there, done that.