Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Use Your Heart  (Read 1012 times)

laitzu

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 23
Use Your Heart
« on: February 13, 2007, 08:25:34 pm »
Just find it proper to share to all of you this timely article from the Daily Wisdom.

I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." -Psalm 40:8

February has been declared National Heart Month since 1963 on behalf of the American Heart Association. This month, of course, also is known for Valentine's Day hearts. We'll hear a lot during February about keeping our hearts healthy and about the hearts we associate with romance.

We can never be reminded too often about the importance of the human heart. Just think about your heart. An organ about the size of your fist pumps blood through your body every second of every day and keeps on ticking year after year without the need for a tune-up or repairs if kept in good shape. The heart also was credited for centuries and continues to be a symbol today for romance, love, compassion, courage, fortitude and hope. The heart is an amazing pound of flesh and evidence that as the Psalm says, we are "wonderfully made" by God.

The heart is never far from my mind. This year marks the 10th anniversary of my heart transplant at the age of 71. Heart surgeons in America ruled out a transplant for me because of my age. Fortunately, a surgeon in England took my case. My heart transplant was a miracle by the grace of God. My donated heart has given me more years to have a heart for the needs of others and to use my heart to serve God.

We often hear the phrase, "Use your head." But I'd encourage us during this national heart month and this month of Valentine's Day to also use our hearts.

Let's use our hearts by exercising to keep them healthy, eating a heart-healthy diet, and maintaining our proper weight to keep our hearts from working too hard.

But just as important as the physical is the emotional and spiritual side of the heart. So let's use our hearts to tell our family members and dear friends how much we love them. Have the compassion to help a neighbor in need, write a note of thanks, send a check or volunteer. Use our hearts to summon the courage and fortitude to achieve what we may fear trying. Take heart that tomorrow will be brighter than today.

The Psalm says God's law is within our hearts. I believe everything God wants us to do and be He has planted within our hearts. We know what we should do and must do to love our neighbors as ourselves, live by His word, have the courage of our convictions, and express our love to those we love most and who need most to hear us say so.

Jesus said the greatest commandment is to love the lord our God with all our hearts. Imagine a world in which we all lived by that commandment. Let's all use our hearts. I guarantee better health and a heart-warming experience

A happy valentine's day to all. God bless.
Get $50 to start/Earn up to $20/day/Earn $5 per referral

mongol482

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
Re: Use Your Heart
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 10:02:15 pm »
Thanks matahari. Happy Valentines to you too. Amen!  rating10::

tagishnge!

• off-duty retiree
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • absolutely!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 10:26:35 pm »
pre salamat na naman dito!!

fieldspaniel15

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 07:48:51 am »
belated happy valentine's to you guys out there!

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• can2terorist PARACETAMOD MEDJAKOL
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • Basta count to ten laang ng count to ten
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 09:24:52 am »
 a lots of thanks to you mr.matahari..happy valentines also...
Awake to righteousness,and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of GOD 1 corinthians 15:34