Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: the End of the Pirate Era begins and i don't mean One Piece  (Read 1363 times)

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
the End of the Pirate Era begins and i don't mean One Piece
« on: December 02, 2011, 03:34:52 am »
a new bill has been in introduced in the US House of Congress call the STOP ONLINE PIRACY ACT and it threatens to sink the "Pirate Ship" we all love to ride

read it all here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act

heres the jist:

The bill would authorize the U.S. Department of Justice to seek court orders against websites outside U.S. jurisdiction accused of infringing on copyrights, or of enabling or facilitating copyright infringement.[4] After delivering a court order, the U.S. Attorney-General (AG) could require US-directed Internet service providers, ad networks such as Google and payment processors such as Paypal or Visa to suspend doing business with sites found to infringe on federal criminal intellectual property laws and take "technically feasible and reasonable measures" to prevent access to the infringing site. The AG could also bar search engines from displaying links to the sites.[11]
The bill also establishes a two-step process for intellectual property rights holders to seek relief if they have been harmed by a site dedicated to infringement. The rights holder must first notify, in writing, related payment facilitators and ad networks of the identity of the website, who, in turn, must then forward that notification and suspend services to that identified website, unless that site provides a counter notification explaining how it is not in violation. The rights holder can then sue for limited injunctive relief against the site operator, if such a counter notification is provided, or if the payment or advertising services fail to suspend service in the absence of a counter notification.[11]
The bill provides immunity from liability to the ad and payment networks that comply with this Act or that take voluntary action to cut ties to such sites. Any copyright holder who knowingly misrepresents that a website is dedicated to infringement would be liable for damages.[4]
The second section increases the penalties for streaming video and for selling counterfeit drugs, military materials or consumer goods. The bill would make unauthorized streaming of copyrighted content a felony

this might actually affect us kasi as i have highlighted the US DOJ can request court orders from countries where these media content are pirated

mikester

• Rockheads
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
Re: the End of the Pirate Era begins and i don't mean One Piece
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 05:01:17 am »
it will take more than one law to kill the online piracy. it's the same thing with drugs too many law but still manage to exist.

thebreed

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
Re: the End of the Pirate Era begins and i don't mean One Piece
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 05:49:34 am »
sige sabayan na,, payag na ako ihinto piracy marami na rin na gamit ng torrent,,!