Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Jared Dillinger sinakal si Calvin Abueva...  (Read 1817 times)

DesperadO

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 102
Jared Dillinger sinakal si Calvin Abueva...
« on: January 10, 2014, 08:20:09 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpHbH5atiNE[/youtube]

MERALCO coach Ryan Gregorio said he hopes the league will do something about the “flopping” of Alaska sophomore forward Calvin Abueva, which led to an altercation with Jared Dillinger early in the fourth quarter that left the Bolts guard with a bloodied nose.

“I respect the game of Abueva. I think he brings in a lot of positives in the game,” Gregorio told Spin.ph afterthe Bolts leaned on Gary David’s 24 points and Dillinger’s near triple-double of 10 points, seven rebounds and seven assists to pull off a 74-65 victory over the Aces on Friday.

“However, his (Abueva) extra curricular activities seem to hurt other players. Probably, inadvertently, but still, I thought some were overreactions,” he added.

Gregorio cited the incident in the fourth quarter when Abueva and Dillinger got tangled up as they fell over the railings, with the Alaska forward hitting Dillinger with a wayward elbow for what he said was an "overreaction."

“The bloodied nose of JD (Dillinger) was a prime example. Damage was done. But I leave it to the league. The PBA has a strict anti-flopping policy. They know better,” said the Meralco mentor.

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/pba-must-take-action-against-abuevas-extra-curricular-activities-says-gregorio

bouya harumichi

• "i only fight with people who look stronger than me! Else i can't burn!"
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Real Men Need To Stand Out
Re: Jared Dillinger sinakal si Calvin Abueva...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 10:25:15 am »
Hindi nmn ata sinadya.. out balance a sila pareho.. si abueva kasi rough tlga laro nia.. eh etong mga  feeling superstar ng pba ayaw nila ng rough defence.. puro porma kasi mga iba
"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"

rodeo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 21
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 11:21:31 am »
yun pag tama ng kamay sa mukha ni dillinger mukhang hindi sadya pero yun second motion nung braso ni calvin abueva nun pabagsak sila  mukhang sadya patulak sa leeg ni dillinger or sabihin nalang ntin praktisado si calvin na pagbabagsak sya lagi nyan sinisigurado na may kasama siya... ;D

DesperadO

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 102
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 06:07:11 am »

ito na ang sentensya nila...

CALVIN Abueva of Alaska and the Meralco pair of Jared Dillinger and Gary David were hit with fines totalling P28,000 by the PBA Commissioner's Office but spared suspensions in light of the scuffle that marred the two teams' game on Friday night.

PBA commissioner Chito Salud hit Abueva and Dillinger with P10,000 fines each for figuring in a fracas after a bruising collision that saw them crash over the baseline railing in the fourth quarter of the Bolts' 74-65 win over the Aces in the Philippine Cup elims.

However, the enigmatic Abueva was fined another P3,000 for violation of the league's anti-flopping rules as Salud pointed to his 'proclivity to exaggerate fouls and other forms of physical contact' made against him during games.

Salud warned the fines for flopping will rise to P5,000 for a second violation by Abueva and escalate further in succeeding violations.

On the other hand, David was fined P5,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct after a video review showed him taking a fighting stance that Salud said "could have exacerbated incident."

Salud met with the three players separately on Tuesday after a review of the incident with his technical team.

Dillinger's technical foul for taunting was upgraded to a flagrant/ unsportsmanlike foul, with Salud pointing out that "his act of physically restraining Calvin Abueva by grappling him by the neck, along with the taunting and trash-talking, is clearly unnecessary."

The technical slapped on Abueva by referees for second motion during the game was upgraded to flagrant/ unsportsmanlike foul for what blows he landed on Dillinger which Salud said caused the player's "face to bleed and bruise."

"I again remind our players and teams that the highest tenets of sportsmanship should never be secondary to their passion for the game," Salud said.

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/abueva-dillinger-david-penalized-for-fracas-alaska-star-also-fined-for-flopping-v02