Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: too much caffeine could labeled you as 'crazy'  (Read 1295 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
too much caffeine could labeled you as 'crazy'
« on: June 23, 2013, 03:06:55 am »

Did you know that drinking too much caffeine might now get you a certified mental health disorder, according to the latest edition of the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the DSM-5. Two new diagnoses have made it into the latest edition, caffeine intoxication and caffeine withdrawal.

Don’t worry; there is a whole list of criteria that you have to meet before a psychiatrist will label you with the diagnosis.To be diagnosed with caffeine withdrawal you must suffer from three of the five symptoms; headache, fatigue, depression/ irritability, concentration difficulty, and flu-like symptoms such as nausea or muscle aches within 24 hours of quitting. Sound familiar?

To be diagnosed with caffeine intoxication, the jittery feeling of over-stimulation, a person must exhibit at least five of a dozen symptoms. These symptoms include restlessness, nervousness, excitement, insomnia, flushed face, frequent urination, stomach upset, muscle twitching, cluttered thoughts, a fluttering heart, manic behavior, and psycho-motor agitations like pacing. Ever had any of these?

Doctors say that if you limit yourself to one serving a day, you shouldn’t have any problems.
 Drink in moderation and you will be just peachy.   ;)