Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: sino para sa inyo ang nasayang ang careeer sa nba?  (Read 6232 times)

The Dark Knight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
  • I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
Re: sino para sa inyo ang nasayang ang careeer sa nba?
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2009, 09:17:48 pm »
no one really know Sam Bowie, his name just mentioned because of Jordan and Olajuwon....he never really plays...

as for Vince Carter, with all the stats that 123kid mentioned, VC has still no Ring, not even mentioned to be  on a really contender team, not an MVP (season) candidate ever (i will assume)...always first round exit...always on trade talk..

as for Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, Stockton&Malone, Charles Barkley, i could say hindi naman totally sayang career nila, hindi lang tlaga pinalad manalo ng championship...yun lang ang kulang...

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2009, 09:48:08 pm »
'didn't talk about Vince Carter. Actually I never put anyone or declared any player's career a waste or underachieved. The list of achievements I previously posted was of Mitch Richmond.

To an extent of the saying "don't judge the book by its cover", don't judge the book until you read every page. In the case of Vince Carters or the Grant Hills, their careers are not yet over. Things may not look promising but the book is still being written. It will be inconsiderate for us to bury them alive.

It's not all about winning a championship. Remember, basketball or the NBA is still a show and its purpose is to entertain. So, how does a player or a team do that? By playing hard within his role in the team. That's how I will categorize who made it to the books or not.

Give some love. Every coin always has two sides. It all comes down on where you want to look.

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

The Dark Knight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2009, 10:21:09 pm »
'didn't talk about Vince Carter. Actually I never put anyone or declared any player's career a waste or underachieved. The list of achievements I previously posted was of Mitch Richmond.

To an extent of the saying "don't judge the book by its cover", don't judge the book until you read every page. In the case of Vince Carters or the Grant Hills, their careers are not yet over. Things may not look promising but the book is still being written. It will be inconsiderate for us to bury them alive.

It's not all about winning a championship. Remember, basketball or the NBA is still a show and its purpose is to entertain. So, how does a player or a team do that? By playing hard within his role in the team. That's how I will categorize who made it to the books or not.

Give some love. Every coin always has two sides. It all comes down on where you want to look.

so that was m.Richmond stats not VC,my bad...

on VC ang GHill, still sayang, they have the potential to be the very best, but till now ganun pa rin eh, and alam naman natin na hindi na rin magtatagal eh hihinto na rin to sa paglalaro...

akala ko ba kaya pumasok sa NBA para mag-champion? so ang goal ng every team is to entertain pala?... ;D

so mr.123kid who made it to your list na "nasayang" ang career sa NBA? 

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2009, 11:42:01 pm »
Yes, the ultimate goal is to win a championship but we are talking about the players who underachieved. Players who didn't get a chance to show their game.

Anyway, I just thought the need to explain myself and where' I'm coming from [opinion].

To answer you question, I think Carlos Arroyo could have gotten more love from the league. His minutes were limited while he was playing in the NBA mostly serving as "back up" point guard. He may be a starter but he didn't play first stringer minutes. While in the NBA, he also gets to show his game during international tournaments such as the FIBA playing for his national team Puerto Rico but his strong performance didn't find its way to the NBA.

There you go.

flatline____

• Hokage
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 13
  • //\/ // //\/ _// //\
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2009, 11:54:55 pm »
si oden sayang talaga basta ganyan talaga malalaking tao pag na injured mahirap na...
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

The Dark Knight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2009, 12:01:56 am »
To answer you question, I think Carlos Arroyo could have gotten more love from the league. His minutes were limited while he was playing in the NBA mostly serving as "back up" point guard. He may be a starter but he didn't play first stringer minutes. While in the NBA, he also gets to show his game during international tournaments such as the FIBA playing for his national team Puerto Rico but his strong performance didn't find its way to the NBA.

tama si Carlos Arroyo ay sayang...sana makabalik at mapakita ang tunay na potential...

can we say, ganun rin ba si Josh Childress?????,,although he is much richer now playing in Europe, and unknown talaga sya sa hindi masyado sumusunod sa NBA...and may pagkakataon pa siya...

players that don't wear Lakers, Celtics and New York uniform's ay masasabing "nasasayng ang career sa NBA"...hehehe.... ;D

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2009, 01:47:38 am »
no one really know Sam Bowie, his name just mentioned because of Jordan and Olajuwon....he never really plays...

hmm.. Bowie was actually an active player in the NBA for 11 years (1984-1995).. he played, but not good enough to be recognized as someone belonging to the same draft class as the great ones..

maveriq96

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
  • banzaiiii!!!
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2009, 07:46:42 am »
magaling si sam bowie nun collegiate days niya....

.....kaso kapag tinamaan ka ng injury ng maaga, tapos na ang career mo......

cocoi

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2009, 06:18:14 am »
sakin si 1st round draft pick,, andrew bogut.

titanium

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
  • MY DICTATOR
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2009, 10:14:07 am »
Grant Hill.
MABUHAY ANG NOYPI! 8)

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2009, 04:19:17 am »
Speaking of Vince Carter, paano ang pinsan niyang si T-Mac? First round jinx din siya. Also established a household name for himself but cannot even get past the playoff elimination round.
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2009, 10:25:35 am »
Johnny Abarrientos

In 1997, talks of Abarrientos' potential participation in the NBA came, when Charlotte Hornets scout Joe Bettancourt offered Abarrientos a contract to participate in the Hornets' pre-season camp. Abarrientos, though, declined the offer to concentrate on his pro career in the PBA. In 1997 Abarrientos average a career high 16.7 Points and a league leading 8.6 Assists Per Game.

solmyr

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • Rockman!
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2009, 10:35:53 am »
Para sa akin si Magic Johnson. Yun nagkaAIDS. Tanga tanga kasi... Pumatol pa sa may AIDS samantala ang height ng career niya sa Basketball eh grabe sa taas.

At isa pa si Jordan. He could be playing until now. Kaso nagartista, nagbaseball, nagpakaengot. Hay. I miss Jordan.

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2009, 10:38:14 am »
isa pang naiisip ko, si Isiah Thomas.. yes, he's one of the top 5 point guards of all time but his recent f-ups with the Knicks won't easily be forgotten.. the word Isiah Thomas can now be considered a noun synonymous to coaching f-up.. ;D

comsci24

• Regional: America-Canada
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2009, 03:57:43 pm »
GRANT HILL nung nasa detroit sya nun kahit mag isa nya na lang hahaha.
GRANT HILL = MICHEAL JORDAN kaso INJURY ng napakaraming beses
pero i still like him magaling parin sya ngyon kahit na may edad na at considertaions sa mga past injuries and surgeries. pero kung di sya na injury i still think na sya na talga ang naging next jordan..

Johnny Abarrientos

In 1997, talks of Abarrientos' potential participation in the NBA came, when Charlotte Hornets scout Joe Bettancourt offered Abarrientos a contract to participate in the Hornets' pre-season camp. Abarrientos, though, declined the offer to concentrate on his pro career in the PBA. In 1997 Abarrientos average a career high 16.7 Points and a league leading 8.6 Assists Per Game.

eto pa pero isa pang reason eh di pa tapos contract nya sa team nya kaya di sya pinayagan TIMAWA KASI ANG MGA PILIPINO! DI NAMAN LAHAT HEHEHE..
http://i48.tinypic.com/2hwz1jn.jpg
Read new signature rule -- support@espiya.net