Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Northern Lights and Fire Rainbows  (Read 1500 times)

manyakihiro

• I Am a Night Creature ......... I crawl at night.
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • Not Intrested w/ d Status Quo, I'll Overthrow it..
Northern Lights and Fire Rainbows
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:57:04 pm »
'Not trying to be your science teacher, just wanna share pics of Beauty in her most natural!   :D ;D :D ) ....
(Mula sa nililinis na mailbox,..... di alam kung nasa tamang section....:D).......................

Quick Definition:
Northern Lights- also called  Auroras {sometimes southern (polar) lights} , are natural light displays in the sky, usually observed at night, particularly in the polar regions. They typically occur in the ionosphere. In northern latitudes, the effect is known as the aurora borealis... The aurora borealis is also called the northern polar lights, as it is only visible in the sky from the Northern Hemisphere, the chance of visibility increasing with proximity to the North Magnetic Pole... Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_(astronomy)

Fire rainbow- also called circumhorizontal arc is a rare optical phenomenon. In order to be observed, the sun must be very high in the sky, at an elevation of 57.8° (90 -32.2°) or more, and can only occur in the presence of cirrus clouds. As a result it cannot be observed at locations north of 55°N or south of 55°S, although occasionally at higher latitudes from mountains.... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumhorizontal_arc)

-------------------------------------
Northern Lights and Fire Rainbow

Northern Lights

(observed at Yellowknife , Yukon , Canada)

Fire Rainbow

THIS NEXT PICTURE IS A FIRE RAINBOW - A RARE NATURALLY OCCURRING ATMOSPHERIC PHENOMENA. THE PICTURE AT THE IDAHO / WASHINGTON BORDER.  THE EVENT LASTED ABOUT 1 HOUR. CLOUDS HAVE TO BE CIRRUS, AT LEAST 20.000 FEET IN THE AIR, WITH JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF ICE CRYSTALS AND THE SUN HAS TO HIT THE CLOUDS AT PRECISELY 58 DEGREES.

Beautiful sight!   God's handiwork? Or Big Bang's?.   
;D :D ;D

DjDaveTrance

• "A real man gives up one night stands, for a woman he can't stand one night without"
  • Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • Pioneer/VIP/Staff/Moderator
Re: Northern Lights and Fire Rainbows
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 10:08:32 pm »
Parang sa Movie na fREQUENCY.
Starring: Dennis Quid and Jim Cavizel bayun :)

eyecool_04

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 10
  • The "eye" of the "cool" technology..
Re: Northern Lights and Fire Rainbows
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 10:19:48 pm »
ang galing.nakakapangilabot..nice post!

Core2_i7

• I am a LOVER not a FIGHTER!
  • Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level