Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Hero's burial  (Read 15041 times)

mksantos92

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 3
  • it's beautiful! Beautiful Mind + Cheerful Heart
Hero's burial
« on: February 13, 2011, 05:30:03 am »
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=657053&publicationSubCategoryId=63

Hero's burial for Angie today
By Jaime Laude (The Philippine Star) Updated February 13, 2011 12:00 AM Comments (295) 

MANILA, Philippines - Former Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) chief Angelo Reyes, whose sterling career in government ended in a hail of corruption charges and finally suicide, will be laid to rest today with full military honors at the Libingan ng mga Bayani.

Reyes will be given a 19-gun salute – fired from howitzers – traditionally accorded to departed defense and AFP chiefs. Honor guards will deliver a 21-gun salute during the interment proper.
The funeral journey from Camp Aguinaldo is scheduled to begin at 10 am.

Reyes shot himself before his parents’ graves at the Loyola Memorial Park in Marikina City on Tuesday morning, barely two weeks after being accused by a former subordinate in a Senate hearing of receiving P5 million monthly as chief of the AFP and P50 million upon his retirement in 2001.

His accuser was former military budget officer George Rabusa.
He also received a dressing down from Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV – a former Navy officer – during the Senate hearing last Jan. 27. It was his first and last Senate appearance.
His family and friends believe the humiliation he endured during the Senate hearing drove him to suicide.

His elder brother Lito, who arrived from the US to pay his last respects to his “little big brother,” said he knew the latter as “strong willed.”
“He provided guidance to me…I did not expect it (suicide). He always says kaya ko yan (I can do it),” an emotional Lito said in an interview at Camp Aguinaldo.
“He was an achiever. Whatever the task given to him, whatever problem he faced, he believed he could deal with them,” he added.
“He did not want his family to be dragged into these issues…He looked up to my mom. He viewed her as good-hearted. He was loyal to mom,” he said.

He also belied accusations against his younger brother.
“I don’t think he is capable of doing (such corrupt practices)…He was loyal in serving (the government),” he said.
Lito said it was painful to watch his late brother being grilled at the Senate.
“I am thinking he was set up. I felt sad with what happened. I was hurt,” he said, adding, “I wish I was there.”
Forgiveness

Reyes’ widow Teresita, who was herself being accused of benefiting from corruption in the military, said she had already forgiven Rabusa.
“We have forgiven him. I leave his fate to God,” Teresita said in an interview with ABS-CBN anchor Korina Sanchez. She said Rabusa is welcome to pay his last respects to her husband.

Reyes’ friends and supporters continued to heap praises on the late AFP chief.
“In taking his own life, he only proved that the institution is bigger than any of us. For us, it took extreme courage to fulfill such a sacrifice,” former Defense Undersecretary Ricardo Blancaflor said.

Another supporter, Catholic priest Fr. Ranhilio Aquino, lambasted Reyes’ accusers.

“Then – as throughout his brilliant career – he struck me as intelligent and spun out of different material. He had unorthodox views as a soldier, and when I finally got hold of his credentials, as I had invited him to teach in our local graduate school, I was impressed that he had more than just the gleaming stars on his shoulder-boards to commend him,” he said.

“I mourn his passing because he was a bright man, a true solider and a faithful public servant. Why would a man who had weathered a tempestuous administration and withering trials during his public career die the way he did?”

“As for the ersatz whistle-blower who was budget officer or something in the Armed Forces and made the pabaon claims, he can sniffle and sound sorry all he likes, mourning, he claims, General Angie’s death, to score yet more points with a gullible audience. He has only my scorn and spite,” he said, obviously referring to Rabusa.

“So, that lonely morning, a shot rang out that I hope will disturb no end the consciences of those who had sought not the truth and justice with which they sanctimoniously disguise their lurid aims but sheer vendetta,” he added.

Pangasinan second district Rep. Leopoldo Bataoil, a former ranking police officer, said the tragic turn of events has put into focus the role of the Philippine Military Academy in the country’s affairs.
“I am still confident that PMAyers will always abide by the rule of law,” he said.
“I just hope things will be handled in a more prudent manner, in a proper way so it will not evolve into a crisis situation,” he said.

Bataoil also called a proposal of one legislator to have the PMA abolished “another knee-jerk reaction.”
“They’re forgetting the fact that it was the PMAyers whom they relied on during trying moments of our country,” Bataoil said.
“Suddenly because of this incident, they want to abolish it. They should think twice before saying so,” he added.
“I believe that PMA has done much, much more for our country and our people compared to the negative imputations and allegations to some of its members,” he pointed out.

Insensitive

Meanwhile, former Cabinet colleagues of Reyes said it was “insensitive” and “unkind” for the Former Senior Government Officials (FSGO) to declare in a statement that corruption ended the life of the general.

“We mourn the passing of our beloved fellow Cabinet secretary Angelo Reyes and join his family, friends, and admirers in prayer and remembrance…We lament the insensitive remarks by certain quarters stirring pain and animosity when deep wounds need healing,” they said in a text message.

“We especially deplore the ill-timed and unkind FSGO statement,” they added.

The text message quoted Cabinet officials who served during the Arroyo administration, namely former Commission on Filipinos Overseas chairman Dante Ang, former Presidential Management Staff chief Elena Bautista-Horn, former environment secretary Michael Defensor, former justice secretary Agnes Devanadera, former health secretary and now Civil Service Commission chairman Francisco Duque, former Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita, former presidential adviser on the peace process Hermogenes Esperon, former trade secretary and now Bangko Sentral Monetary Board member Peter Favila, former justice secretary Raul Gonzalez, former transportation secretary Leandro Mendoza, former secretary to the Cabinet Ricardo Saludo, former labor secretary Patricia Sto. Tomas, former press secretary Rigoberto Tiglao, and former agriarian reform secretary Roberto Pagdanganan.

On Friday, the FSGO said it does not find honor in Reyes’ death since it was “without meaning to the welfare of our nation.”
“If he (Reyes) died to escape the consequences of his involvement, or to put a lid on further revelations, or worse, to become a sacrificial lamb for all others more tainted than he, his was not an honorable death,” the FSGO said.
“The smug faces of unpunished corruption that visited his wake only further dishonor him,” it added.
The FSGO statement was signed by former National Economic Council chairman Sixto Roxas, former foreign affairs undersecretary Leticia Ramos-Shahani, and former finance secretary Jesus Estanislao.
“Gen. Reyes may have died by his own hand, but in truth, corruption killed him,” FSGO said.
FSGO is hopeful that Reyes’ death would pave way to the cleaning of the military.
“Gen. Reyes’ death could not and should not be blamed upon our legislators, no matter how hurtful their statements may have been…It must be clear by now that these legislative inquiries serve a vital function in democratic governance,” it said.

The former Arroyo Cabinet members, however, said the FSGO should have allowed Reyes’ loved ones to mourn in peace.
“We Filipinos are all free to speak openly on issues of public importance. But we also hold our peace to accord the bereaved a time to grieve in peace,” they said.
“Surely, that too is part of decency and good governance.”
A friend of Reyes, retired Navy Commodore Rex Robles, meanwhile said a powerful person had asked and got some P360 million from the conversion of military funds. He did not name names but he said he is willing to appear before lawmakers to divulge more details. - With Alexis Romero, Raymund Catindig, Eva Visperas, Evelyn Macairan, and Perseus Echeminada

=

Now please allow me to quote Catholic priest Fr. Ranhilio Aquino:

“As for the ersatz whistle-blower who was budget officer or something in the Armed Forces and made the pabaon claims, he can sniffle and sound sorry all he likes, mourning, he claims, General Angie’s death, to score yet more points with a gullible audience. He has only my scorn and spite,” he said, obviously referring to Rabusa.

“So, that lonely morning, a shot rang out that I hope will disturb no end the consciences of those who had sought not the truth and justice with which they sanctimoniously disguise their lurid aims but sheer vendetta,” he added.

I think that message can be directed to a gullible audience like FSGO and other people who agree to illogical & disturbing way of thinking by FSGO. May the Philippines be saved from this kind of people who promotes and encourages trial by publicity through Kangaroo court. Hearings in aid of legislation don’t allow defense lawyers to cross examine witnesses testifying against the accused. Moreover, the hearings in Congress deprive invited resource persons, who get accused during the hearings in aid of legislation, the service of a lawyer to represent and defend him.

Obviously, FSGO and people like them don’t believe that cross examining witnesses is essential in determining whether witnesses are telling the truth or not. They don’t want cross examination done by defense lawyers maybe because they can’t bear to see star witnesses sweat and endure grueling questions challenging and testing the truthfulness of their testimonies.

The “truth” on which gullible people like FSGO and others believe only comes from witnesses’ statements devoid of cross examination. These gullible people have the Kangaroo court in the legislative chambers of Congress to satisfy their hunger for UNJUSTIFIED and UNREASONABLE “truth.” Adding to the joy and excitement of trial by publicity is the unethical behavior and grandstanding of lawmakers in the Kangaroo court. Code of Ethics for lawmakers seems non-existent in Congress and it is sorely missed.

By the way, I read an intriguing comment about the suicide of general reyes. Some people gave this remark: “Si  general reyes and other generals na accuse of corruption via pabaon and pasalubong. It’s good the rule of pabaon does not apply in suicide. What if general reyes took a pabaon with him during his suicide. No! No one wants to play a devil’s advocate but the “pabaon” also could have been a “pasalubong” or gifts bearing holier than holy praises for people but whose “clean” hands always dip into the “greasy” fats of pork barrel funds.” Now people are debating and can decide whether former AFP Chief General Reyes deserves a hero’s burial or could have been a hero. 

'
A Beautiful Mind plus a Cheerful Heart is Beautiful

2fear!

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 44
  • Espiya - tapukanan sa DDS!
Re: Hero's burial
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 05:39:23 am »
hero na pala ang kurakot sa pilipinas!

mksantos92

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 3
  • it's beautiful! Beautiful Mind + Cheerful Heart
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 05:48:01 am »
hero na pala ang kurakot sa pilipinas!
In 2010, many people voted for erap, father of a senator. They voted for erap maybe because they considered him their idol for clean and honest goverment and their uncorruptible HERO. 
'
A Beautiful Mind plus a Cheerful Heart is Beautiful

2fear!

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 44
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 05:57:55 am »
In 2010, many people voted for erap, father of a senator. They voted for erap maybe because they considered him their idol for clean and honest goverment and their uncorruptible HERO. 

hanggang ngayun.. di pa rin napapatunayan ang kurapsyon... mga ebidensyang pina paako kay erap...

pinakakaisahan sya ng administrasyong arroyo para di makabalik sa pagka pangulo dahil illegal ang pagkaka upo ni arroyo...

pero ngayun... ini-isa isa na silang sinisingil ng panahon.... uubusin sila ng karma...

Gat J.P. Rizal

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 06:27:39 am »
...naisahan si Trillanes kay Angie  laffman::

Hero's Burial  :applause

Did Trillanes read the Constitution?

Section 21, Article VI of the Constitution, states, “The Senate or the House of Representatives or any of its respective committees may conduct inquiries in aid of legislation in accordance with its duly published rules of procedure. The rights of persons appearing in or affected by such inquiries shall be RESPECTED.

respeto daw sabi ng Constitution... lintek naman maganda sana hangarin kaso nasobrahan sa Pogi points sobrang daldal kasi di tuloy nakayanan ni Angie RIP Sir.

Trillanes tapusin mo itong mala telenovelang imbestigasyon at kaming mga MASA naghihintay ng happy ending.

For those Senators/Generals with blood on their hands, let’s all pray for them.

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 06:57:53 am »
military honors does not equate with hero to me

he was a soldier and former chief of staff so ok i guess he deserves the military honors. but that does not mean i consider anyone buried with military honors a hero

mas marami ang nilibing ng walang military honors pero hero ang turing sa kanila

HeLL_Vhoy

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
  • PaG WalaNg SuMbUnGeRo WaLaNg PakiAlamero
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/0603/anime/?action=view&current=narutogang1.gif
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 07:14:29 am »
hanggang ngayun.. di pa rin napapatunayan ang kurapsyon... mga ebidensyang pina paako kay erap...

pinakakaisahan sya ng administrasyong arroyo para di makabalik sa pagka pangulo dahil illegal ang pagkaka upo ni arroyo...

pero ngayun... ini-isa isa na silang sinisingil ng panahon.... uubusin sila ng karma...

di talaga mapapatunayan ang korupsyon kahit ilang whistle blower pa ang maglabasan dahil nakaugat na yan kung huhugutin natin ang ugat maraming masasagasaan malalaking tao tsaka when it comes to this topic di mo alam kung sino ang totoong kakampi mo. gaano na bang kalaking pera ang nawaldas sa pag iimbestiga? may napatunayan ba? if meron may naging justice ba?
Born to fight, Trained to kill, Ready to die, But never will I

2fear!

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 44
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 07:31:39 am »
military honors does not equate with hero to me

he was a soldier and former chief of staff so ok i guess he deserves the military honors. but that does not mean i consider anyone buried with military honors a hero

mas marami ang nilibing ng walang military honors pero hero ang turing sa kanila

ang problema...

sa libingan ng mga bayani inililibing....

creampie

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 9
  • putok sa loob.... kremang krema
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 10:35:26 am »
agree ako paps bodie,  :applause they are doing this kind of honors to cover what he really do, ika nga palabasin sa madla na naging bayani pa rin sya...tsk... eto na talaga ang di mawawala sa mga ungas na lider ng pinas na gawin tayong mga tanga, natawa nga ako nung gustong ipatigilng isang congresista yung inquiry para bigyan galang ang pagpapakamatay ni angelo, putsA nung gawin nya yung pangungurakot kahit may namamatay na sundalo naiisip ba nyang itigil? yung mga namatay ginawa ba nilang bayani? binigyan ba ng ganitong honors, narating nila ang pwesto nila kase may mga pera at tinapos sila, pero ang totoo lang iba sa kanila ay hindi karapat-dapat pag pmaer ka, kailangan mo lang mag schooling para mapromote, every two year orfive years yata ang kailangan.

bugtook

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 11:14:48 am »
ito na mga kampon ng magnanakaw nilibing sa libingan nga mga bayani pati pamilya nito hindi na nahiya pinalibing pa sa libingan ng bayani. Niloloko na naman tayo sa mga hinayopak na mga to  >:( >:( >:( >:( yong mga naputokan ng mortar yon dapat bigyan nyo ng heros burial at pasikatin sa medya.
"DO LESS COMPLAINING, and pay more attention to giving."

sixty9

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 5
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 11:33:51 am »
tama! hindi siya bayani dapat hindi siya inilibing sa libingan ng mga bayani.. isa siyang malaking kurakot na takot humarap sa nagawa nyang kasalanan kaya nagpakamatay (na isa pang kasalanan).. i've watched his interview with boy abunda, at mukha talagang kurakot kesyo makukulangan daw ng power supply, etc., etc., at natatakot sila na baka magbrown out sa araw ng election, puros kalokohan si Angelo Reyes, P*+@, tingin nya sa mga pilipino, mga walang pinag aralan at madaling utuin, ayan, isa isa kayong magbayad ngaun mga kurakot kayo.. dapat imbestigahan pa rin ang kanilang pamilya at ibalik nila ang mga yamang hindi naman talaga sa kanila.. mga Magnanakaw!!!

frigate

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 5
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 12:13:26 pm »
REALLY??? Dapat sa mga corrupt bino-bocha kahit dedo na.  Di sapat ang isang kamatayan dyan kung patuloy namang nadurusa yung mga inagrabyado nilang nabubuhay pa. 

Walang awa-awa ituloy ang imbestigasyon kung hindi itutuloy at bibigyan ng simpatya ang pamilya nya(pano kung guilty) eh di tagumpay na naman sya. Malamang ginawa nya yun para tigilan na ang pamilya nya sa mga kabulastugang ginawa nila.  Paano naman ang taumbayan?  Mga lintek na corrupt na yan nakakalula mga kayamanan.   

redrum 666

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 7
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 12:28:01 pm »
this is a joke!! his suicide is an indirect way of telling everyone na he's guilty of everything na sinabi ni rabusa! he's suicide is not a sign of honor..it's a sign of cowardice! ung integrity nya e nasama lang sa hukay dahil alam naman ng lahat na he's protecting somebody..he's a hero dun sa mga taong naprotektahan nya na kasama nya nangurakot. kung ganyan ang batayan dapat pati si marcos payagan na din ilibing sa libingan ng mga bayani..just my opinion toast::

drainy187

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 05:42:33 pm »
Lahat halos ng mga komento na na basa ko dito eh nagsasaad na para bang siguradong sigurado na sila na si Gen. Reyes nga ay isang walang kwenta at kurakot na General habang ang mga ordinaryong sundalo eh nagkaka matayan dahil sa kakulangan sa wastong kagamitan...

eto ang sakin

hindi sya ang nag nakaw... no choice sya kundi tumanggap nung nasa pwesto pa sya... dahil ang pag tanggi sa ibinibigay ng Malaking tao na nasa likod ng gulong ito eh nanganahulugan ng pagka pamahak ng pamilya ng tumanggi... mahirap intindihin? biktima lang din si Gen. Reyes kagaya natin at ng mga sundalong walang magamit na wastong Kagamitan sa giyera

alam nating lahat na ang mundo ng politica ay isang napaka duming mundo... si Gen. Reyes ay isa lamang tauhan ng isang mas makapangyarihang tao kaya gaano man kalaki at katapat ang kanyang hangarin na mag lingkod sa Bansang Pilipinas ng walang bahid ng ano mang kadumihan ay di nya ito nagawa ng lubusan.

Ang nakikita kong dahilan dito ay ang takot nyang mapahamak ang kanyang pamilya.

ang kanyang pag papa tiwakal ay isang uri proteksyon na nang galing sa isang ama na nag mamahal sa kanyang pamilya.

Bakit ko nasabi to?

Kapag si Gen. Reyes ay nag bitiw ng ano mang statement na makakapag diin sa mga tunay na may kasalanan PATAY ang kanyang pamilya...

Sa mga nagsasabing duwag si Gen. Reyes paki sagot ang tanong na ito

Gaano ka tinding tapang ang kailangan ng isang tao para harapin ang kanyang sariling kamatayan?

Sa mga nagsasabing Natakot si Gen. Reyes na sya ay maparusahan kaya sya nag patiwakal  nasa baba ang sagot ko sa sinasabi nyo.

Hindi bat ang pinaka matinding parusa na kayang ipataw ng Korte natin sa isang nagka sala ay ang Kamatayan?
bakit pinili ni Gen. Reyes na mamatay? bakit hindi nya nalang pinili na makulong nalang? alam naman natin na hindi magtatagal at lalaya din sya dahil ganon naman talaga ang kalakaran dito sa ating bansa diba? kapag ikaw ay dating opisyal sa Gobyerno o isang pulitiko hindi mo kailangan tapusin ang sintensya sayo, LALAYA KA IN NO TIME.
So anong dahilan at pinili nyang mamatay kesa makulong at lumaya in no time at all?

bakit ko sinasabi ito?

para po mas maging mapag matiag tayong mga ESPIYA o tayong mga Pilipino at para naman hindi tayo basta basta nagsasalita ng kung ano ano laban sa isang tao ng wala naman tayong sapat na kaalaman sa mga tunay na pangyayari...

Sa mga taong nag sasabi na ang binigyan ni Gen. Reyes ng proteksyon ay ang mga kasama nyang kurakot, sana mag isip muna kayo bago nyo sabihin ang mga bagay na yan.

Sa mga taong kumukutya at bumabastos parin sa pumanaw nang si General Reyes
paki tanong sa inyong mga sarili kung higit ba ang inyong nagawang mabuti para sa inyong bansa at mga kababayan kesa kay Gen. Reyes?

Kung ikaw ba ang nasa sitwasyon na pinanggalingan ni Gen. Reyes mas magiging maganda ba at kapaki pakinabang ang gagawin mong hakbang at hindi mo maiisip magpatiwakal nalang kesa mapahamak ang iyong pamilya?

Wala pong personalan, yan lang po aking saloobin... 

RIP Gen. Reyes

share lang tayu mga bro! go go go!

:D Hp Certified Support Specialist :D

brucewayne

• the capecrusaider
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • isang Finger ka lang!
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 06:24:22 pm »
Nabasa ko lang sa isang kaibigan sa FB...

"Meron akong kababayan. nawalan ng trabaho. napilitangn mangholdap. nung malapit nang mahuli, nagpakamatay. Pobreng mama, patay na, nabansagan pang Juan-Holadaper.
Meron pang isa. Sa laki ng ninakaw, hindi na kayang itago. Nung malapit ng mahuli, Nagpakamatay. Sya ngayon ay isang "BAYANI!"

smoking::

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 06:41:44 pm »
This is what he wanted, full.military honors upon burial, kaya sya nagpakamatay, alam nyang sabit siya sa corruption and if he is proven guilty lahat ng nagawa nya sa military career nya at sa buhay nya mababalewala so he killed himself ang be given full honors and be given a heroes burial bago pa lumabas ang katotohanan sa nangyari, mas mahalaga sa kanya ang honor nya kesa sa buhay nya    pero sadly mas mahalaga sa kaniya at kanyag pamilya ang pera, if proven a criminal he should be teated as one and as a cowardly weasel who would rather kill himself than facing the charges that he should have faced

orion

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 13
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 07:26:11 pm »
I will consider heroes those soldiers who died fighting at the field...ready to sacrifice their lives from the Abu Sayyaf and MILF even with a meager salary...para sa akin sila ang tunay na bayani

namster

• Living under the ESPIYA blood in my veins....
  • Knights of PS
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 365
  • Espiya Loyalista Forevah!!
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 07:45:01 pm »
isa lang ang masasabi ko about dyan: LuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuL !!!!!
Let the real blood of an espiya live once again in my veins...

findeho

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 07:50:51 pm »
si satanas nalang ang tutusta sa kanya.

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 07:59:47 pm »
General Reyes being given a Hero's burial is already expected becuse of his "contribution" to the society.  do note that he rose from the ranks in the military and served in the government in various positions in bith Erap and Gloria regime. the afp as an institution is bound to give their respect to Reyes, via the full military honors accorded him.  remember the adage "innocent unless proven guilty"?  well, that is how things is, sad to say.  there are a lot of accusations being hurled the General, however, they remain as all accusations, hence, the AFP, is bound to give where respect is due, irregardless of how other people may feel about it.

what i dont get is how the "Church" is rationalizing the allowing of mass to be celebrated for the General.  we should remember that the General took his own life, and for the Church, that is a big no-no.  now the Church is rationalizing that because the General is not in the right frame of mind when he committed the act, hence, the Church is a little moe forgiving in such case.  now the question is, is there really a "right frame of mind" when you are about to commit suicide?  and how do they determine that?  pag kanang kamay siguro ginamit mo sa pagbabaril ng sarili, you are in the right frame of mind.   :applause
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

voyager_

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 34
  • ROG Strix GL753-VE
    • "The Iglesia Ni Cristo"
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 08:03:14 pm »
General Reyes being given a Hero's burial is already expected becuse of his "contribution" to the society.  do note that he rose from the ranks in the military and served in the government in various positions in bith Erap and Gloria regime. the afp as an institution is bound to give their respect to Reyes, via the full military honors accorded him.  remember the adage "innocent unless proven guilty"?  well, that is how things is, sad to say.  there are a lot of accusations being hurled the General, however, they remain as all accusations, hence, the AFP, is bound to give where respect is due, irregardless of how other people may feel about it.

what i dont get is how the "Church" is rationalizing the allowing of mass to be celebrated for the General.  we should remember that the General took his own life, and for the Church, that is a big no-no.  now the Church is rationalizing that because the General is not in the right frame of mind when he committed the act, hence, the Church is a little moe forgiving in such case.  now the question is, is there really a "right frame of mind" when you are about to commit suicide?  and how do they determine that?  pag kanang kamay siguro ginamit mo sa pagbabaril ng sarili, you are in the right frame of mind.   :applause

the catholic church is not in its right frame of mind. ::lmao ::lmao
Rom 1:23  At pinalitan nila ang kaluwalhatian ng Dios na hindi nasisira, ng isang katulad ng larawan ng tao na nasisira, at ng mga ibon, at ng mga hayop na may apat na paa, at ng mga nagsisigapang.

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 08:08:34 pm »
the catholic church is not in its right frame of mind. ::lmao ::lmao

dagdag ko lng ha, i am a Catholic so this is in no way a banter to put down the Church as an institution, because i am a part of that institution being a Catholic.  i really just dont get it how they can "bend" their rules and blatantly, at that.   
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

drainy187

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 08:28:11 pm »
This is what he wanted, full.military honors upon burial, kaya sya nagpakamatay, alam nyang sabit siya sa corruption and if he is proven guilty lahat ng nagawa nya sa military career nya at sa buhay nya mababalewala so he killed himself ang be given full honors and be given a heroes burial bago pa lumabas ang katotohanan sa nangyari, mas mahalaga sa kanya ang honor nya kesa sa buhay nya    pero sadly mas mahalaga sa kaniya at kanyag pamilya ang pera, if proven a criminal he should be teated as one and as a cowardly weasel who would rather kill himself than facing the charges that he should have faced

With all due respect sir, Gen. Reyes is already a "retired" General, meaning mapatunayan man ang mga alegasyon sa kanya wala ng mawawala sa kanya unlike sa case ni Senior Inspector Rolando Mendoza na na kasuhan while still active sa PNP hindi makukuha ni Mendoza ang 1m more or less na dapat nya makuha dahil na dismiss sya sa pagiging police.

Sa case ni Gen. Reyes nakuha na nya ang halagang kanyang dapat makuha nung nag retiro sya so i think yung sinabi mo na  "mas mahalaga sa kaniya at kanyag pamilya ang pera" ay walang basihan dahil kung pera ang mahalaga sa kanya hindi sana sya nagpatiwakal dahil marami na syang pera ma kasuhan man sya o hindi... Mas ok pa yung sinabi mo na "mas mahalaga sa kanya ang honor nya kesa sa buhay nya" dahil yon naman talaga ang totoo...

sya ay inilagak sa Libingan ng mga Bayani dahil sya ay naging Sec. of National Defense naging AFP Chief at marami pang iba... meaning ganoon ka ganda ang tract record ng taong inaakusahan ng mga naghuhugas kamay. ang hindi natin maintindihan eh isa din syang biktima dahil no choice sya kundi ang tumanggap ng pera mula sa isang makapangyarihang tao. hindi sya ang nag nakaw Sir kapag tumanggap ka ng pera na mula sa nakaw eh hindi nangangahulugang magnanakaw ka na din... maaring may pananagutan din sya pero hindi sya ang tunay na magnanakaw isa lamang din syang BIKTIMA...

:(

share lang tayu mga bro! go go go!

:D Hp Certified Support Specialist :D

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 08:43:43 pm »
maaring may pananagutan din sya pero hindi sya ang tunay na magnanakaw isa lamang din syang BIKTIMA...

correct ko lng ha, i think it is wrong to label the General as a mere victim since kung biktima lng siya meaning wala siyang pananagutan sa batas.  eh kung ganun, eh gusto ko na ring maging biktima at ng yamaman din ako katulad niya.  it is better befitting na you label him as an accomplice since he benefited and was aware of what was happening.  kumbaga pumasok siya at nilamon ng sistema.  i think that is also what he was implying in his interview with PCIJ.

findeho

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 08:46:20 pm »
With all due respect sir, Gen. Reyes is already a "retired" General, meaning mapatunayan man ang mga alegasyon sa kanya wala ng mawawala sa kanya unlike sa case ni Senior Inspector Rolando Mendoza na na kasuhan while still active sa PNP hindi makukuha ni Mendoza ang 1m more or less na dapat nya makuha dahil na dismiss sya sa pagiging police.

Sa case ni Gen. Reyes nakuha na nya ang halagang kanyang dapat makuha nung nag retiro sya so i think yung sinabi mo na  "mas mahalaga sa kaniya at kanyag pamilya ang pera" ay walang basihan dahil kung pera ang mahalaga sa kanya hindi sana sya nagpatiwakal dahil marami na syang pera ma kasuhan man sya o hindi... Mas ok pa yung sinabi mo na "mas mahalaga sa kanya ang honor nya kesa sa buhay nya" dahil yon naman talaga ang totoo...

sya ay inilagak sa Libingan ng mga Bayani dahil sya ay naging Sec. of National Defense naging AFP Chief at marami pang iba... meaning ganoon ka ganda ang tract record ng taong inaakusahan ng mga naghuhugas kamay. ang hindi natin maintindihan eh isa din syang biktima dahil no choice sya kundi ang tumanggap ng pera mula sa isang makapangyarihang tao. hindi sya ang nag nakaw Sir kapag tumanggap ka ng pera na mula sa nakaw eh hindi nangangahulugang magnanakaw ka na din... maaring may pananagutan din sya pero hindi sya ang tunay na magnanakaw isa lamang din syang BIKTIMA...

pagnanakaw na din ang ginawa nya kasi alam nya na ang perang un ay pera ng bayan... ilang libong tao ang nagugutom sa mantalang sila napapakasarap.