Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: PS3 safe to buy ?  (Read 5089 times)

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
Re: PS3 safe to buy ?
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2009, 03:54:32 am »
Good luck sa inyo mga xbots sana 'di kayo magkaroon ng RROD.  ;D
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

Tsonks

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 02:18:31 am »

*mga opinyun ko lang po mga yun.. i used to have xbots 360 but im not satisfied until  ibought side by side ps3 w/ xbox360 hmm...with HDlcd Tv nothing compares to Blue Ray dics games than an ordinary DVD..

What does the disc medium have to do with game graphics quality? It has more to do with the graphics capabilities (GPU, processor, memory, etc.) of the console, not the disc medium.

ops are they still availble HD-DVD? or phase out na? what about Blue Ray disc Movies? are they still there? OH yes!!! lot's of Sale!

Xbox game discs are either Single Layer DVDs (the same ones used by most movie DVDs) or the higher capacity, Dual Layer DVD. More info on types of DVD Capacity here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvd#DVD_capacity

The HD-DVD support for Xbox 360 is an add-on, which means it is not included in the Xbox by default. The HD-DVD phase-out does not affect Xbox 360 owners in any way unless they bought the HD-DVD add-on or some HD-DVD movies.

The Xbox 360's use of Dual Layer DVDs is actually a good thing as I can backup my Xbox 360 games. I have no need to buy an expensive (if it is even available in the Philippines) Blu-Ray drive and Blu-Ray discs as my DVD-RW drive can read and write dual layer DVDs.

Good luck sa inyo mga xbots sana 'di kayo magkaroon ng RROD.  ;D

I have also heard (but not confirmed) that the PS3 is not officially released here in the Philippines, therefore there is no official support. What I know is that the Xbox 360 has been officially released here in the Philippines, so in the event of any problems, I could easily have it fixed/replaced by the official manufacturers.

On the practical side of things, Xbox 360 wins. Maybe a few years from now, PS3 will be a practical console, but why wait for a few years?

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 06:59:11 am »
Everything is about choice so it's up to you whichever you prefer talaga. No one is holding you back.  ;)
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

ferdz9999

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
  • Crimson Flame Alchemist
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 05:16:44 pm »
There is already an official support for the Xbox 360 in the Philippines? Last time I checked wala pa eh, hmmm.....

lang_kazan

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 05:58:41 pm »
There is already an official support for the Xbox 360 in the Philippines? Last time I checked wala pa eh, hmmm.....

ako wala pa din ako nababalitaan na ganito .... baka may secret org ang xbots dito sa pinas at yun ang support nila...

dahil kung may support ang xbox dito ay sana mababa ang presyo or may launch party ang microsoft dito... pero wala ako nabalitaan na ganun eh..

Atsaka kahit na may support ang xbox dito, sa tingin niyo ba papalitan nila yung nasirang unit kapag nalaman nila na modded yung unit? ang sagot simple lang... hinde siyempre...
PS3 Games:
Resident Evil 5, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Street Fighter 4, Dead Space, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, NBA 2k9, Assassin's Creed, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Grand Theft Auto IV, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Dynasty Warriors 6, Devil May Cry 4, NBA 2k8

GO LEGIT

slyph12

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 35
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 08:35:34 pm »
What does the disc medium have to do with game graphics quality? It has more to do with the graphics capabilities (GPU, processor, memory, etc.) of the console, not the disc medium.

Xbox game discs are either Single Layer DVDs (the same ones used by most movie DVDs) or the higher capacity, Dual Layer DVD. More info on types of DVD Capacity here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvd#DVD_capacity

The HD-DVD support for Xbox 360 is an add-on, which means it is not included in the Xbox by default. The HD-DVD phase-out does not affect Xbox 360 owners in any way unless they bought the HD-DVD add-on or some HD-DVD movies.

The Xbox 360's use of Dual Layer DVDs is actually a good thing as I can backup my Xbox 360 games. I have no need to buy an expensive (if it is even available in the Philippines) Blu-Ray drive and Blu-Ray discs as my DVD-RW drive can read and write dual layer DVDs.

I have also heard (but not confirmed) that the PS3 is not officially released here in the Philippines, therefore there is no official support. What I know is that the Xbox 360 has been officially released here in the Philippines, so in the event of any problems, I could easily have it fixed/replaced by the official manufacturers.

On the practical side of things, Xbox 360 wins. Maybe a few years from now, PS3 will be a practical console, but why wait for a few years?

for me m$ never gives their consoles nuff longetivity, ps2 still has games coming out and its over 5years old. psx the same thing outlasted every console on each of their generation. im sticking wit ps3 cuz in the long run ps3 is more practical. why do i have to buy xbox gold every year just to play online games. bluray medium means more quality games in the future. it'll be the standard medium for storage/media. m$ mainly milks their customers more than sony ever did.

slyph12

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 35
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 08:49:23 pm »
bluray is obviously has a  much larger capacity than hd-dvd format. that means more data can be stored in the medium. besides ps3 is significantly more powerful as a console compared to 360 (8cores vs 3cores). as of now its only cuz of the pricing of ps3 thats why more casual/hardcore gamers prefers 360. once game developers taps the true potential of ps3, more quality games are gonna be release.  quality over quantity.

games came/coming out this year for ps3:

2008:
mgs4
little big planet (exclusive)
fallout3
resistance 2 (exclusive)

2009:

SF4
RE5
Killzone 2 (exclusive)
god of war 2 (exclusive)
tekken 6 (exclusive)
Massive Action Game *256 people in one map.. plays like battlefield 2142
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Final Fantasy Versus XIII

late 2009/
2010?
final fantasy 13

lang_kazan

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2009, 04:07:22 pm »
bluray is obviously has a  much larger capacity than hd-dvd format. that means more data can be stored in the medium. besides ps3 is significantly more powerful as a console compared to 360 (8cores vs 3cores). as of now its only cuz of the pricing of ps3 thats why more casual/hardcore gamers prefers 360. once game developers taps the true potential of ps3, more quality games are gonna be release.  quality over quantity.

games came/coming out this year for ps3:

2008:
mgs4
little big planet (exclusive)
fallout3
resistance 2 (exclusive)

2009:

SF4
RE5
Killzone 2 (exclusive)
god of war 2 (exclusive)
tekken 6 (exclusive)
Massive Action Game *256 people in one map.. plays like battlefield 2142
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Final Fantasy Versus XIII

late 2009/
2010?
final fantasy 13

you don't know your games eh... MGS4 is exclusive for PS3,
God of War 3 not God of War 2 and it's most likely coming in March 2010,
Tekken 6 is not exclusive to PS3,
FF Versus XIII however is exclusive to PS3, so as Uncharted 2
and most likely mauuna ang Final Fantasy XIII kaysa FF Versus XIII
PS3 Games:
Resident Evil 5, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Street Fighter 4, Dead Space, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, NBA 2k9, Assassin's Creed, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Grand Theft Auto IV, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Dynasty Warriors 6, Devil May Cry 4, NBA 2k8

GO LEGIT