Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: IPOD Touch as wireless router / AP  (Read 1513 times)

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
IPOD Touch as wireless router / AP
« on: August 07, 2013, 10:41:17 pm »
as the title says, can i use an IPOD Touch as a wireless router or AP.  forget about the fact that the Ipod Touch will not be able to connect to the internet via 3G or similar flavors, since said is going to be covered by another device.  i am working on a different setup and what i need is a portable / mobile wireless access point that will create and share a given network to other devices.  this will just be a preliminary and as such, other ideas will have to be explored. 
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

Telesforo

• Member: 6799
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 78
  • Kamote Queue
    • Espiya ka ba? Magbasa ka muna!
Re: IPOD Touch as wireless router / AP
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 11:08:25 pm »
as the title says, can i use an IPOD Touch as a wireless router or AP.  forget about the fact that the Ipod Touch will not be able to connect to the internet via 3G or similar flavors, since said is going to be covered by another device.  i am working on a different setup and what i need is a portable / mobile wireless access point that will create and share a given network to other devices.  this will just be a preliminary and as such, other ideas will have to be explored.

Simple as NO. Kasi walang syang 3G connection. Hindi mo pwedeng gamiting twice yung Wi-Fi nya and if gagamit ka naman ng USB hindi rin sya pwedeng maging Modem.

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 11:16:25 pm »
Simple as NO. Kasi walang syang 3G connection. Hindi mo pwedeng gamiting twice yung Wi-Fi nya and if gagamit ka naman ng USB hindi rin sya pwedeng maging Modem.

you misunderstood the question po.  it is like tethering pero it won't be to share an internet.  it is just to create and share a network between gadgets, etc.  it will be used for another purpose actually, and not to share internet initially. 
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

Telesforo

• Member: 6799
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 78
  • Kamote Queue
    • Espiya ka ba? Magbasa ka muna!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 11:21:18 pm »
you misunderstood the question po.  it is like tethering pero it won't be to share an internet.  it is just to create and share a network between gadgets, etc.  it will be used for another purpose actually, and not to share internet initially.

Hindi pa rin. Kasi pwede mo lang enable yung Personal Hostspot pag na detect nya na naka enable yung Cellular Data. Pero kung may option naman na pwedeng i activate yung Personal Hotspot nya without cellular data it is possible na gawing router. Sya ang magiging gateway ng mga devices mo.

The Dark Knight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
  • I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 11:54:04 pm »
you mean..gusto mo gawing access point yung ipod touch? sa mga iPhone and most smartphone pwede "tethering"..or sharing the internet connection..so parang access point yung smartphone mo..up to 3-5 devices ata kumonek sa smartphone...kung LTE ang internet Ok lang i-share..hindi ramdam ang bagal...

sa ipod touch..kung jailbroken..baka makakita ka app for tethering...unless wala talaga capability yung ipod touch to do "tethering"...

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 02:29:58 am »
hindi po specifically to share internet connection.  IPOD Touch po siya, wala po siya internet connection.  what i want to explore is kung pwede siya mag-act as a wireless router or AP and create a wireless network and share it with those that can see it.  it is not solely about sharing internet connection.