Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: facebook says bug exposes contact infos of 6M users  (Read 1423 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
facebook says bug exposes contact infos of 6M users
« on: June 23, 2013, 02:52:42 am »

Forget secret NSA requests - a Facebook "bug" has been inadvertently exposing the contact information of more than six million users for the past year.

The social network began offering a Download Your Information tool, which has apparently also been downloading other people's information, including other user's email addresses and phone numbers, since at least 2012. This information was shared to people who "had a connection" to the affected users.

Facebook says it has fixed the bug and is in the process of notifying the affected users via the same email addresses that the company has already freely given out.

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
Re: facebook says bug exposes contact infos of 6M users
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 08:39:59 pm »
it can also be construed as a way to "divert" people's attention and anger, and the possible blame for such info leaks from the NSA thing to this so called "security flaw". 
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)